TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Agrees to Sell Seven Parks for $312 Million

Who and what is Parc 7F? I searched online to see if I could find out if these guys own and opperate any other theme parks but found nothing. Anyone know or heard of this group?

I take back everything previously said, here's their website, does sound legit:

http://www.parcmanagement.com/

More on their plans:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070111005442&newsLang=en

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A trip to Elitch Gardens suddenly rocketed to the top of my things to do list. That property has always been FAR more valuable as just about anything but an amusement park. Lakeside, once they get word of this will be awfully happy to hear about this!

How long until Elitch is the new Astroworld? Anybody want to start a pool?

Who and what is Parc 7F? I searched online to see if I could find out if these guys own and opperate any other theme parks but found nothing. Anyone know or heard of this group?

I take back everything previously said, here's their website, does sound legit:

http://www.parcmanagement.com/

More on their plans:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070111005442&newsLang=en

I still don't see any list of parks this company owns. Do they just serve as a staffing agency for theme parks? That's what it looks like from their website... unless I'm missing something.

Correct if I'm wrong but don't these parks now lose some of their liscensed content, like Looney Tunes characters and certain ride names? Those names and characters are part of a Six Flags licensed agreement to use them and not the specific park, right?

So, will characters disappear and names of rides change now that these several parks are sold away from Six Flags?

Correct if I'm wrong but don't these parks now lose some of their liscensed content, like Looney Tunes characters and certain ride names? Those names and characters are part of a Six Flags licensed agreement to use them and not the specific park, right?

It depends on what the deal is that they struck with Six Flags. My guess is yeah, the licensed properties would have to be re-named. Not much different from when Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake.

--Robb

Wow, now a n00b company is trying to get its name out, lets see whether or not this well result in trainwreck or success.

Anyways, some WTF in the air, this "PARC" company... what other parks does it operate? I see in their website that they operate parks "here and in Latin America."

I hope some of these parks don't end up crappier than they are already. Good luck Parc...

I am VERY glad that this happened. I've only been to Elitch's and I don't think it's all that good of a park. I go there because me and my dad both have a fun time there. But it is nice to know that the place will remain open. BTW, my dad mentioned something about if SFEG closes, a developer wants to build a 300 acre park outside of town. Any rumors on this? Anyway, I am not glad MM wasn't bought. It might be an awful Six Flags park, maybe just an awful park period, but the park has hope. Not being sold, it probably won't be changed in a while. MM needs to sacrafice a lot of things and the park would be a nicer, more respectable place to be. Isn't S:TE for sale? I think that it shouldn't be replaced with a coaster if a buyer is found. Needs to be replaced with some flats or something. Never being to MM, I can't complain to them. After reading a lot of news articles, reviews, websites, and a whole lot of TPR material, I learned more about MM and what it is like. The park looks beautiful and I think that the potential for this park keeps dwindling every day unless something is done to it. Mark Sh(something) needs to reconsider this buy.

BTW, my dad mentioned something about if SFEG closes, a developer wants to build a 300 acre park outside of town. Any rumors on this?

Right off of I-25 and Highway 4. Lands being looked at.

I'm personally glad. This seems like it will help Six Flags a lot with dept. However, the overall picture is that more parks 'might' be able to improve noticeably.

That property has always been FAR more valuable as just about anything but an amusement park. Lakeside, once they get word of this will be awfully happy to hear about this!

How long until Elitch is the new Astroworld? Anybody want to start a pool?

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4211665 <- Read.

The only thing that I see is why Elitch's was sold? It was definitely big for profit, being the only amusement park in the region (besides Lakeside). The only reason I could think of being sold is that SFI. can't do anything with the park. Can't expand at all.

BTW, my dad mentioned something about if SFEG closes, a developer wants to build a 300 acre park outside of town. Any rumors on this?

Right off of I-25 and Highway 4. Lands being looked at.

BS. I don't believe it for a second.

Give a link. There isn't a market in colorado for a 300 acre park - elitch's is rarely even busy.

Nicole - The SF site is still selling passes. Why not buy it there?

^^^Or they were just really stupid posts,

My personal opinion of this whole thing is that this PARC company may have just bought the beginnings of its own park chain. Maybe someday it could rival Cedar Fair and SFI themselves. However, if PARC simply planes to turn around and sell all the land for real-estate in a year or 2 then consider my theory shut down & owned in the face.