TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

It's playoff football time!!

itsme102

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Colts beat the Pats in a way. Tony Dungy is a good coach and shaped up the Bucs back when they used to kick ass [1998-2003]. I hope Dungy doesn't repeat history again by losing in the final playoff game (I swear, Tampa has hated St. Louis since 2000 because of that game).

I'm rooting for Bears vs. Colts, not because I'm a fan of either team, but more because I picked the Bears to win it all at the begining of the year (of course I had them against the Bengals).

I wouldn't count out the NFC just yet. Mr. Manning and Mr. Brady have both looked terrible this postseason.

Wow.

We're still in shock over the loss Saturday night. That was not our team that showed up! McNair and the offense was pathetic! So many missed opportunities. Heap getting intercepted at the 1. Lewis breaking up a Manning pass that was going straight for Reed. Jamal never got a chance to break free. So sad. Well, on the bright side it could have been 35 to 6.

And to add insult to injury - the Patriots won! We could be playing at home next weekend!

What's really sad is that many believe this was our last shot. R. Lewis is getting worn down, Ogden may retire, McNair is slowing down, and Jamal hasn't been producing. Not being a pessimist, but next season is looking iffy.

Anyway - go Saints! What they are doing for the city of New Orleans speaks volumes. From where they were last year to where they are now is phenomenal! And go Patriots - please, PLEASE do what the Ravens should have done!

Bring on Bad Sexy Rexy. I do worry about Reggie handling the ball, though. It's gonna be tough, but we destroyed both Dallas and the Giants in cold weather toward the end of the season, so I have to like our chances.

STATS Inc. shows the Saints haven't played in weather under 52 degrees this year. That's not cold. 27 with the wind blowing off the lake is cold. Down to the bone cold. It'll be interesting to see how Reggie's cuts and jukes work on the crappy sod of Soldier Field.

because I hate Tom Brady with a passion.

You couldnt be more right. Is there an Anti-Brady group I can join?

I heard someone say he does the most with nothing...wtf? All 3 of his bowl wins were with amazing defenses and even more amazing play calling. How is that HIS doing? If his defense never stopped anyone or never turned the ball back to the offense hed never have a chance to go down field.

Its the fact that their defense has been so amazing and rock solid that hes got constant practice at doing this sort of thing. I laughed histerically when I heard that...does the most with nothing...right. And not like he scores TD's to win either.

Pats fave. score to win by, 3. Its a W, which matters. But, he never caps the drive off - Vinny did - and hes with the Colts now.

best case scenario isnt Manning owning them, its Manning going down the field to let Vinny split the uprights so after it goes through, he can look over at the Pats and smile. THAT would rock.

Between Saints and Bears, I dont care. Either team would be awesome. Bears havent seen this in a long time and the Saints arent quite destiny bound, but they are definatly proving how much good coaching, solid fundementals and pure emotion can go.

^You just hate him because he is from Michigan. lol. But he really is a great QB, and sure, he hasn't been his best this post season, but I don't see that stopping the Patriots. They are a great well rounded team... Sure they have been to the Super Bowl lots of times in the past decade, but it's not like they don't deserve it. I do have respect for Payton Manning, though. But he hasn't been playing all that well lately. (Well, in the post season)

I end with a question... Why did the Patriots trade Vinatieri??? That was a dumb move.

Actually, he could be from any college, I dont care. I never remember hes from Michigan anyways.

I just think hes one of those Quarterbacks who fell into a GREAT situation and get extreme praise. Any decent QB could do what hes done with that crazy line and awesome defense he had for so many years. Its only now "not" as good but still great.

Kind of like Ben from the Steelers. Last year, he fell into a GREAT team. Their defense was murderous and the offensive line was pretty good. Not to mention he had some great targets and Bettis had a career year. What happened? Ben was the best QB since Joe Montana. Well, not really but you can tell he was severely overrated once he lost just a little bit of the talent they had.

Of course, this is the way Team Games go. A player is only as good as its team as a whole - excluding Barry Sanders. So naturally when you are a good player with lots of talent in a team that plays together, your talents will be explored more. It can work in reverse, but only in special cases.

I'm not necessarily a Brady fan, but you can't argue with what he's done so far. Yes, he has had a pretty good defense (albeit recently they haven't had any cornerbacks and have had to use Troy Brown as both WR and DB), but he also orchestrated 2 4th quarter winning drives in the SUPER BOWL. And look at the receivers he has had. When they leave the Pats, they amount to nothing, and this year he's making Gaffney and Caldwell, 2 guys who were cut, look like all-pros. Any QB can't do what he's done, not with that offensive supporting cast. You've got to give him praise, and remember this, he isn't even 30 yet.

It doesn't matter who wins the AFC anyway, the Saints won't be stopped. If they win Sunday, and hopefully they do, I'm going to Miami for the big game, whether or not I get a ticket.

It doesn't matter who wins the AFC anyway, the Saints won't be stopped. If they win Sunday, and hopefully they do, I'm going to Miami for the big game, whether or not I get a ticket.

That will be silly, who are you going to root for? The Bears or the AFC team?

That will be silly, who are you going to root for? The Bears or the AFC team?

That's easy, the Saints