TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

It's playoff football time!!

itsme102

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were going to get a Superbowl caliber game on Sunday, when the Patriots take on the Chargers! San Diego is a perfect 8-0 at home this season, and New England is 7-1 on the road. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are 11-1 in the playoffs, and the Chargers are arguably the best overall team in the league.

Go Patriots!!!

What about Colts / Ravens on Saturday? If you want a Superbowl caliber game, then look no farther. One of the top ranked offenses goes up against the best defense in the NFL. Jamal Lewis vs. one the worst run defenses in the NFL (although that wasn't the case last week). McNair vs. Manning the elder. This game is going to be hard fought from being to end.

And let's not forget the reason why the Unitas statue is in front of the Ravens stadium. Baltimore is still bitter about the loss of the Colts. I still remember watching the Mayflower van leave Baltimore that cold snowy morning so long ago. Whenever the Colts come to town, it gets very personal. This town is bursting at the seams with the chance to end the Colts season with a loss in Baltimore, and keep the curse of Unitas alive!

BelizeIt – Yes, the Chargers may just be the best in the league, BUT look at their schedule. The majority of the teams they faced were sub-par teams. They had a very easy schedule. What's going to make Sunday's game fun to watch is that they are going up against a very strong and experienced team – something they haven't seen in quite a while. If the Chargers beat the Pats convincingly (none of this field goal with time expiring crud), then they may just have what it takes to go to Miami.

Oh, and just a reminder. The Ravens were only one of two teams to beat San Diego this season, the first team to beat the Saints (at home, no less), and (to a lesser degree) beat the Eagles in pre-season.

Go Ravens!

PS – While Baltimore was without a team, I became an adopted Eagles fan while going to college in Philly. This was in the late 90's/early 90's during the Buddy Ryan era, when Cunningham was just starting to make his mark. I attended a few block parties in NE Philly on Sunday afternoons when the whole neighborhood came out and rooted for the Eagles, and I was always impressed by loyalty fans. Reminded me of Baltimore and how the fans continued to hold onto the Colts, even though they were gone. If Baltimore does drop out of the playoffs, and if the Eagles are still in, I will put my Ravens cap in the closet and take out my Eagles cap.

^ I find it amazing that a team that was about to leave the city suddenly has such a turn around. Amazing how that works.......(insert conspiracy theory).

Obviously, I'm rooting for the Bears. We finally got Peanut Tillman and Nathan Vasher back, so the secondary will be almost at full strength. It really falls on Sexy Rexy. I've never seen one player look so good one week, and so awful the next.

^ I find it amazing that a team that was about to leave the city suddenly has such a turn around. Amazing how that works.......(insert conspiracy theory).

Nah, no conspiracy theory there. It's really just simple additions to a good foundation that's made the team as good as they are this year. I think that team's had some talent for several years now, but was just missing a couple key ingredients. Let's face it, nobody's gonna win anything with Aaron Brooks.....period. Insert a really good QB (Brees), a great talent at RB to compliment an already great RB (Bush/ McCallister), and a good young coach.....bam, you have a much better, SuperBowl contender.

In fact, this year's new Orleans team seems eerily similiar to New England when they rose to prominence by shocking St. Louis to start their "dynasty." Hmmm, and people still scream "conspiracy" about that too.

They've got a long way to go, and a lot to prove yet, but I'm thinking their success this year is far from a fluke.

EDIT: Either way, I can honestly say that this is shaping up to be one of the best playoffs in years for the NFL. There's some really interesting matchups this week. Now, if only my Phins were actually a part of it all.

^ I agree completely with your points about the Saints. With Drew Brees at QB, Sean Peyton (i think thats his name) as the new coach, and the addition of Bush, they certainly have a super bowl caliber team and have earned every one of thier wins. They've united a city that needed something to lean on. I think whoever wins the game this week is goin on to the super bowl. But I still think the Eagles can pull it out.

Go Eagles!

the Saints are going to the Super Bowl!! After we whip the Eagles, we'll give another beating to the Bears/Seahawks. This is our magical year that can't be stopped!

Sorry Eagles fans, but your team has no shot this week.

Yea, you whish. You really think the Eagles are going to lose?

Thats pathetic.

^ I'm not going to be as bold as to say that the Eagles are going to win this game but I think that it's going to be a lot closer than you certainly seem to think. You beat us at home with a last second field goal last time and that was with our offense playing horribley in the first half. And than you needed a stupid mental penalty that negated a nice sack that would have ended that game winning drive.

Garcia may not be a better overall quarterback than McNabb but this team is responding better to him. Isn't Joe Horn questionable for this game? He hasn't practiced all week. What happens if he doens't play? That takes away a major offensive weapon for your team. This Eagles team has loads of playoff experience. You guys haven't been to the post season since 2000.

The Eagles arent' even supposed to be here. You guys are at home on national TV and are expected to win. Think there's a little pressure on this team to win? I'm not trying to talk football smack as I firmly the Saints are a good team and deserve to be where their at right now. I just think that this game is going to be better than most think.

And if it's a Saints blowout, well than heh, like I said before, we're not even supposed to be here.

Wow, we did it. This is one of the best days of my life. The NFC Championship game. I never thought this could happen, but it has, and I'm speechless. I never thought a game could be better than the Atlanta Monday night game, but I was wrong. This game was so much better, even though I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. We are now a team of destiny. Only one more till the Super Bowl.

Geaux Saints!!!!!!

Next weekends Superbowl..........I mean AFC Championship Game should provide some drama.

Peyton has a Gorilla Size Monkey on his back, in the form of one Clutch Patriots Quarterback. Many will say that Peyton is a better Quarterback, though it's Brady that has a 12-1 playoff record, with 3 Superbowl Rings (In Five Years)

Whatever the outcome, the AFC will be well represented in Miami!