TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hoodie The Movie

Dude that has to one of the best movies I've seen on TPR! I really did laugh out loud watching it, with just all the TPR genuine stuff put in there. The best had to be when it showed you guys sitting in front of your computers acting like you did on the roller coaster... that was fricking hilarious!!!

And you know what? Now I feel obliged to buy a Theme Park Review Hoodie!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh... Robb better start including disclaimers about magical powers in all the shipments of TPR merchandise from now on...

Seriously fun stuff. I can't believe how insane that is... Plus parents that browse TPR thats nuts too.

Thats some good stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Yes I must also tell you guys what an awesome job that video was. I enjoyed it from the minute it started playing. We don't see opening credits like that much. Very original. Also, the detail in all the TPR things...very cool. Even they font you guys used in your instant messaging was the "Theme Park Review" banner fonts. Made me laugh. Nice work!

--Nick

I just watched again and I have to say it really holds up during multiple viewings! Well done!

I think my only comment, which echo's others here is the ending. I really liked the "magical effect" used, and did you keep that ending scene because of the effect? I can see it would have been a hard call to do something else with it if you weren't able to use the effect anywhere else.

But overall, yeah, it's right up there with some of the best videos that have been submitted to the site or the contests!

--Robb

^^ I agree with everything Robb says

If you guys are thinking of making a career out of this, you definitely are off to a good start.

One item you may want to invest in is an external microphone that you can attach to your cam to pick up your speech where there is a lot of transient/ambient noise (i.e. Your scene in the amusement park where the two of you just arrived...hard to hear the dialogue). I know there was nothing you could do....the mic on the cam can only get so much.

I have watched this quite a few times already. Truly, truly enjoy it. Again, great work, guys!

^ Well, I can tell you that our UPS guy has left boxes at our front door without even having the courtesy to knock or ring the doorbell first.....mind you, this is when it's pouring down rain, and the walkway to our door in uncovered. Moron.

So basically, by the time I had woken up and realized it was there, it was like leaving it without the box.

Oh yeah, the movie....not too bad, guys. Clever.

I think my only comment, which echo's others here is the ending. I really liked the "magical effect" used, and did you keep that ending scene because of the effect? I can see it would have been a hard call to do something else with it if you weren't able to use the effect anywhere else.

Well the ending wasn't completely about the "effects". I was trying to get across several points that probably could have been explained better.

First, I was trying to get across that every time you put on the hoodie you go someplace different. Matt put it back on expecting to go back to CnC but ended up in some kiddy park instead.

Second, I also tried to get a little credit whoring action in there too. But it's mostly hinted at there at the end when he walks toward the Dragon Wagon. I would have ended it with him riding but the park wouldn't let us because Matt was too big. So that's why we ended it the way we did.

Now about the magical effect. I actually had 2 scenes that had it. After Matt gets his hoodie taken off, he puts it back on and disappears from his chair. But I cut that one for obvious reasons, mainly because neither of us disappeared before when we put it on. So we ended up only using the effect once. I wish I could have used it more cause it A.) It looks cool and B.) It was actually pretty easy to do.

One item you may want to invest in is an external microphone that you can attach to your cam to pick up your speech where there is a lot of transient/ambient noise (i.e. Your scene in the amusement park where the two of you just arrived...hard to hear the dialogue). I know there was nothing you could do....the mic on the cam can only get so much.

Yeah I know what you mean. Me and Matt contemplated putting in subtitles during those parts because the audio was so bad(stupid go karts).

Actually what I need to do is invest in a new camera that has a microphone jack. I have an external mic that I have been wanting to use for a long time, but my camera isn't equipped for it.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I really appreciate it.

^Yeah I did. It landed at the bottom of the drop and the bill of the hat got caught on something, so it just kinda sat there on the track. A few boats ran it over before the ride ops were able to go over and get it for me. Lucky for me, my hat just got really wet. You can see how soaked it is when Matt asks me the amount of wetness question. We had another take of Matt asking me the question and me wringing the water out of my wet hat. But somehow it got recorded over. Which really sucks cause it was a lot better than the one in the movie. Oh well.

This definitely goes to show how much of an impact Robb and Elissa (and the rest of TPR) have had with their videos, photos and of course, the forum.

Great job making a simple (but great) item like the TPR Hoodie into a short film that any TPR member could enjoy. They cultural references that have come from this site are really starting to become obvious, and that makes being a member on this forum even better!