TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Letter from Cedar Fair

To everyone I am sorry for not caring much about the letter I sent to Cedar Fair. Its my fault actually not reading over the letter to look at punctuation, grammar, etc. Its my part that from now on I will post more "professional" comments. I do normally write well, I have won a few essay contest before and write A papers in school.

Here is a part of an essay I wrote on the subject “Can You Hear Me Now?” The Why and When of Getting a Cell Phone. I came in second in the contest.

If Alexander Graham Bell could see us now… he would be truly amazed!

Technology as we know it today plays a major role in how we communicate and how we get things done in our global society. Cellular phones are apart of our everyday technology. Kids as young as 6 years old have cell phones and senior citizens have cell phones as well.

Do teens “need” a cell phone? If you were to ask them, most of their answers would be yes. Their reasons for getting a cell phone may be questionable but in the end, their reasons may be justified. I asked my friend “What would be the reasons you would tell your parents as to why you needed to get a cell phone? He answered “I would need it to call people to pick me up from places and I would need a cell phone for emergencies purposes.”

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There in point is the problem I was talking about. I do realize there ARE some teens and tweens out there that CAN and DO write in legible terms when making a post. However, for every one of you there are at least fifteen or more that do not care.

I agree 100% And you'll see those who do not care will eventually get weeded off the boards in an effort to keep our quality standards up. We just HAVE to put our foot down on this. I hope everyone can appreciate that. Especially those who don't want to use an Ovaltine decoder ring to decipher posts.

Geve the guy a break.

And yet even more irony!

Seriously, though, we are not trying to be grammar nazi's. A few typos here and there we can accept....although in Milkchan's case, if I were him this would be the one response I would have ABSOLUTELY double and triple checked to make sure there weren't any!

--Robb

Accept that "geve the guy a break" was a typo then! That i have know rectified.

Wow.....I'm not sure what is stopping me from hitting the "ban this guy" button other than the ongoing entertainment value is classic!!!

--Robb "You sir, are a perfect example of this entire thread!" Alvey

Ban me for what, showing how hypocritical you were for saying that you accept any small typos in post but pointing out the small typo I had made and calling it ironic. I'm all for you trying to flush out the people who are regularly making hundreds of errors and using shorthand whenever possible, but tell me what i have done to earn a reply telling me you should ban me right now.

^^ & ^^^Ok!

You have now posted three times in a row. All of your posts have grammatical errors and you never bothered to capitalize 'I'. You also have been using 'u' instead of typing 'you'. These are not minor typos. This shows your ongoing non-caring about the simple rules we ask our members to follow.

ADMIN EDIT!

You've now posted FOUR times...all with said problems!