TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hello everyone!

I've finally decided to create an account and begin posting here after lurking for a few days. I've just recently realized how much a coaster fan I really am, with just this year deciding to take my first road trip to an amusement park...or six... Hope to spend a lot more time here now!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Names Samantha, live in Scotland and i'm nearly 19!

Avid Orlando Florida goer - so can't really comment on much besides all Florida parks, but i'm interested in getting to know more about everything else and my dream is to travel the US and visit every theme park that I can!

Gotta save the pennies first though

So yeah, feel free to chat away to me if ya'd like

Hello, I'm new here. My name's Chris and I've been on this site a lot of times for the Trip Reports and the amount of info that's on here. I decided that I should get an account going and become a part of the community!

My home park is Kings Island, and my favorite ride is the Beast. I don't have the biggest track record, but I've been on 49 different coasters, and I hope to get my 50th credit this summer. I'm not the biggest expert in the world, but I'm very familiar with Kings Island and Cedar Point. Thanks for the welcome!

Hello there. My name is Casey. I'm from central Ohio, and Kings Island/Cedar Point are my two home parks (KI is technically closer, but I live in near the middle of the state, so I claim both ). If you've ever heard of the Pumpkin Show, then you know what city I live in, and if you don't, oh well I've ridden somewhere around 70 coasters, which isn't really a lot but it's pretty good for the opportunities I've had to travel. Like the person above me, I'm not an expert on everything in the industry, but I consider myself at least somewhat knowledgable on a lot of things.

Thanks and I'll be seeing ya!

Hey there. Name's Alex, been reading TPR since 2001 and figured that I'd finally grab an account after ten years. I live in Valencia, work at PacSun, and go to CalArts; but I'm a NorCal transplant and my home park will always be California's Great America regardless of how sad the place is looking.

Hello everyone...I'm a 51 year old estate manager in Northern California who worked for a few years earlier in my life at SFMM, in a variety of jobs-including ride operator, laundry room foreman, parking lot attendant, and audio technician. I also played on MM's travelling softball team-in those days, each park in California had a team, and once a month or so, we'd make a road trip to another park, get a backstage guided tour (with line privledges, sometimes!), spend the day in the park, then play their softball team in the evening, then going to the nearest pizza place to scarf pizza and drink large amounts of beer. Then we'd all climb on the charter bus and pass out until we'd get back to SFMM (when we went to Great America in the Bay Area, we pulled up to the gate at SFMM at 3:45 in the morning-I had an 8am clock in, so I just went to my shop and took a nap on the shag carpet in the recording studio). A couple of weeks later, we'd host the other park's team when they came to visit us.

I'll add some stories as I catch up on what's already posted here-I worked at MM at the time Six Flags took over, and a couple of years before that, so I've got some good stories about "the old days"...

^^ Another person of my vintage! Welcome! While I never worked for Magic Mountain, I do have some memories of the pre-Six Flags days. It'd be great to share sometime.

And I like the avatar. Pearls Before Swine is one of my favorite comics.

Eric

Eiyo. Friend of a fellow roller coaster freak, and pretty much turned me into one as well. Just wanted to drop by so the rest of my posts don't look like wasted forum space. I'm pretty active on forums, but not as much on this one.

Also, I'm from Socal, and I'm a season pass holder at SFMM.

Well I forgot to post here when I joined a month ago, but whatever.

My name is Owen, I'm 14 years old, and from New York City. I've always liked theme parks, but was pretty scared of big coasters for most of my life. Last summer, my camp took a weeklong trip to the Niagra Falls/Toronto area, and on one of the days, we went to Canada's Wonderland. I was terrified at the sight of Behemoth, but I got up my courage to ride it, and absolutely loved it. After that, I started searching online for coaster information and watched POV"s, and became an enthusiast. I took my first trip to Great Adventure for my birthday in October, and had a simply amazing time with the awesomeness of El Toro, and the scariness of Kingda Ka. In 2011, I plan to hit several parks, including (hopefully) Cedar Point. Having parents that hate everything about theme parks can be an obstacle, but I'm good at asking repeatedly until they say yes. None of my friends share my passion, but I still bring up coasters as a counter to their own nerdy obsessions. So yeah.

Hi there. My name is Gordon, and I am from New Hampshire! I like to ride roller coasters, of course. I've lurked around this site for a long time, but I've waited until now to register because I wanted to be 13 when I did.

My home park is Canobie Lake Park (Untamed 2011 baby! WOO! ).

I like to play most types of Video Games, including those that I own on Steam.

Edited by Blatch

Hi there! Kelsey here. I've been lurking around for awhile, but finally decided to join. Anyway, i'm in Ft. Worth, TX and make it a ritual to visit SFOT on opening day every year. Other than coasters i'm involved with real and model horses, which takeup most of my time in the real world... Well, after school and work.

Hi there! Kelsey here. I've been lurking around for awhile, but finally decided to join. Anyway, i'm in Ft. Worth, TX and make it a ritual to visit SFOT on opening day every year. Other than coasters i'm involved with real and model horses, which takeup most of my time in the real world... Well, after school and work.
Hi! I'm Dan from England. I've been into coasters for as long as I can remember and although I've been visiting TPR for a while, I finally decided to join!
Hi there. My name is Gordon, and I am from New Hampshire! I like to ride roller coasters, of course. I've lurked around this site for a long time, but I've waited until now to register because I wanted to be 13 when I did.

My home park is Canobie Lake Park (Untamed 2011 baby! WOO! ).

I like to play most types of Video Games, including those that I own on Steam. My Steam account can be found in my profile. Yes, I know about the whole Neopets thing.

Welcome to TPR everyone!

Hello I'm Max and I'm 18 Years old. I have been reading TPR for quite a while now and I joined mostly to try out the game exchange, because I play NL and RCT2

I had registered here once before, but I forgot the username.

I'm also a Roller Coaster Enthusiast, I have ridden 105 coasters and my favorite ones are Katun, Blue Fire and Furius Baco, my home park is Walibi Holland.

Other Hobby's are: Videogames, Music(metal) and Fireworks

well, I finally wander over here...

I am webgoof, AKA Seth. 22, currently living in TX, close to DFW. My first Theme Park/coaster experience was the fall of 2007 when I flew to CA to visit a friend, and we went to Disneyland. I rode Big Thunder Mountain, then Space Mountain. First time on Space Mountain, I screamed in pure terror the entire time. The whole train nearly died of laughter.

Since then, I've been to California Adventure, Magic Mountain, and SFOT. Not much experience yet, but I fully intend to change that.

Hello TPR! All my life (as far back as I can remember at least..) I've been in love with the world of amusement parks. My room is filled with paintings and pictures, and school picnic signs. In my art classes I jump at the chance to draw and paint anything related to the subject.

I've recently joined TPR and am awaiting my check to be confirmed... I've been around for a few years at other forums like Atari and Shyguys World, but I decided I'd start and make my way to more 'entertaining' forums so to speak. Active is a better way to put it I suppose... So far I'm enjoying the company of many of you, and hope that I may better get to know a lot of you in my stay here.

So get used to me! I'll be sticking around for quite a while! Please don't refer to me as a n00b though. I've far more senority and experience to be viewed as such... You can call me garrett if you like, or grrt, or any other awesome name you may think of. Captain Spectacular... Lord Dortmouth... Any will fit.

So I'm glad to be a part of your growing community and hope that I may add to your success whether it be in the games forum... the random section... or anywhere else here I may belong.

Hello, my name is Luxas Surta or Luxeras(on older accounts of mine). Every since I was 3 I have been in love with roller coasters. I live somewhere in Texas. I am a pretty tall person, so I was riding the titan since I was 4. I enjoy Anime and Manga alot.(My Avatar is based off one guess it if you can ) My favorite kind of music is Dubstep,Trance, and House. I am a christian, but I not the kind of person to hate someone because of beliefs and crap, to tell the truth no one really gets me pissed off. I am playing on the computer constantly. My favorite games are L4D2, Dark Carnival is my favorite campaign , and Zombie Panic Source. I am a drawer, and writer. I write fiction, action, and realistic fiction (that means its made up but has a more realistic aspect to it). I actually want to own a theme park a some point or design rides. I have been watching your stuff for some time, and I show the site to my friends sometimes and don't get the kind of humor . Oh, Yeah I play Minecraft every now and again. Sorry if my bio seems to be all over the place but that is who I am. Most importantly, I have horrible grammar, and edit my posts because of that reason. So I'm am so excited to say HI I AM SO EXCITED TO BE HERE