TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hi Y'all, I'm David and I'm from just outside of Stone Mountain, Georgia. I've been surfing Roller Coaster websites for about 9 years, and finally made the big jump from just being interested in them, to riding them 2006. I have a form of High Functioning Autism, known as "Aspergers Syndrome", which even though is technically considered a mental disability, it doesn't have too "bad" things associated with it. Other than having Aspergers, I'm a fairly normal 23 yr old guy, who hopes to be president of the United States someday.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

My names David Morgan, I actually registered a bit under 4 years ago, but never really posted anything, so I decided to make the effort and join the discussions. I'm obviously interested in theme parks and live about an hour away from Alton Towers. I try and visit as many different parks as I can, generally in the UK, but have not long got back from a few weeks in Florida. My favourite coaster is Nemesis (I know it's a common choice, but I think it's great) but I'm really looking forward to riding TH13TEEN on Saturday, that's looking like it could be something special. My favourite ride overall though is The Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom, hence the avatar and signature.

I'm part of the team on http://www.towersnerd.com, so I spend a lot of time on there, as well as working on our theme park iPhone App, "Thrill Seeker". We're just launching the latest version which should hit the App Store very soon, at present it covers the main UK parks and the parks in Florida, but we plan to keep adding parks to it in the future. Check it out in the App Store if you're interested.

So that is me, hopefully I'll be on here more often now, so I look forward to all the discussions.

Hello there everybody!

My name is Corbin, I'm from North Carolina, but currently living and working in Orlando. I'm currently doing my second CP (College Program for those who don't speak Disney). I'm currently a tour guide at G-Force Records and a valet attendant at Lock n' Roll Parking Systems, so if you're ever down on that side of Sunset Blvd. come say hey!

I've been a roller coaster junkie since, oh say...3rd grade? I've been going to my local park Carowinds waaaay too many times a season for the past 10 years or so, but now that I live here in FL I'm trading Carowinds for Walt Disney World parks. Not too bad of a trade off if you ask me. I've been cruising around coaster websites for a couple of years, but not really indulging into them as much as I wanted to. But another cast member referred me to you guys (I can't remember his name for the life of me, but he does work at Tower) and I thought I'd give it a shot.

Other than that, my life includes hanging out with my fellow cast members, playing in the parks, a lot of Final Fantasy XIII, staring at a blank screen in No Limits, and reading "The Imagineering Way".

Hope to have a lot of fun here!

-SunsetKali

Hey guys! I'm new here and from what I've seen I really like the site. I'm a member of TPA also (Theme Park Adventure) and I really dig theme parks and halloween events. Well I'm a beginning photo/videographer and a musician along with a yard haunt I put together each Halloween to traumatize the little kids hahaha. Well thats pretty much it!

Hey guys, I've been registered for a while but haven't really posted much. My name's Ryan, I'm 19, and I live in NY. I'm a full time student and work part time for Apple. I just joined Club TPR, and I look forward to posting more and maybe attending some trips down the road.

Hello everyone! I'm new to TPR and I just attended the 2010 West Coast Bash!! I think I need to put a bullet in my head right now because I don't think I can top this last weekend! ha-ha. I'm just used to The Beast (Kings Island) being my first and last ride of the Mid-West coaster season (April 15 - October 31). But, starting out this season with my very first ride of the 2010 season being numerous ERT rides on X2 was awesome!!! X2, once it started, it never let up!!

My new top five coasters:

1). Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point)

2). X2

3). Goliath (so sorry, Millennium Force or Millie as we call her (Cedar Point)) I just love the way Goliath goes over the top ever so slowly and the mid way slow 60 degree turn!

4). Maverick (Cedar Point)

5). Terminator Salvation (Take the Tunnel! - now I understand what that term means)

I also love to go to Halloween weekend events at Cedar Point and Kinds Island to go through the haunted attractions.

I belong to ACE and Great Ohio Coaster Club so I can attend Coaster Mania at Cedar Point plus the Fall Freak out at Kings Island and get tours of the haunted attractions with the lights on, plus front of the line passes to the haunted attractions when they are open!

Thanks Robb and everyone that helped set up the 2010 West Coast Bash!!!

BTW, do I really have to chop down all my pictures I want to attach to 800 x 800 from 2480 x 2480?

still no one has told me how u post your display pic on here..

1) Per the posting rules here, please post with proper capitalization and grammar.

2) Adding a picture is easy, as long as it's the right size per the posting rules. Under the Reply section, there's a box for uploading attachments. Select browse for the file you want to attach, then Add the File.

hi everyone, my name is Tammi Lynn... I love Six Flags Magic Mountain.... I don't live close to any parks now.. the closest would be Six Flags Discovery Kingdom... I live in Oregon so it is not just a quick trip to a local park.... I have ridden about 1000 times.. grew up at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and what used to be Paramount's Great America (worked there in 1985)... I love fast, steel coasters...

And to not seem so geeky, I work in a state prison.... so there you have it.... a 41 year old Coaster Diva....DIVAS.jpg.b9f86dffcea9e4ea7b1932724908d3f8.jpgwow.jpg.9084da1d542df19816e5b423c4671662.jpg

Hi everyone! My name is Aaron and I'm from a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. My local park is Kennywood. I worked there for a couple months last season, and have a season pass for this year! I don't have a count of coasters I've been on yet, but it's not TOO many any I hope to increase it a good bit... maybe even this summer! I'll be working on a count here shortly. I work at my local school district full time as the Technology Coordinator. See you guys around!

Hello everyone

My name is Alessandro Orsini, 15 years and I'm Italian. I am a fan of amusement parks and roller coasters, but for now I only visited amusement parks Italians. Try all the roller coasters are the Italian ones: the very old to brand new iSpeed Magic Mountain Gardaland, without forgetting the Katun and the Blue Tornado (which I think they all felt a little bit, is a Vekoma SLC and find it on all sides)

Known for a lot of your site, you are a fan, I hope to stay well!

Hi !

my name is Nicolò, I'm from Italy. In my life (for now) I'm a musician with an incredible passions for Theme parks, rollercoasters and Disney.

My coaster count is a bit....emm....poor....I tried only 27 coaster, around Italy and somewhere in Europe. This november I'll be for my very first time in Orlando, I'm very excited for this

I love this forum and I'm happy to be part of it

My Name is Rob, I have been a lurker since 2005, and figured it was about time I posted something. I live in CT, I'm a firefighter by day and a slacker by night. I'm trying to figure out how many coasters I have been on, I may have an answer someday. I now have 3 kids so theme parks are a bit of a challenge, but my 11 y/o is starting to get the hang of it so it's getting easier. SFNE during the summer, and usually one big trip per summer. We have done the WDW, CP, PKD, BGW, Hershey. That is all.

Robert Coker here, another long-time lurker, first-time poster... Don't ask me why it's taken so damned long to get a proper TPR Forum account, but I did concurrently become a Club TPR member, so I feel much better about life in general right now.

Smiley test:

Looking forward to much time-wasting on these boards and someday... going on an overseas TPR trip... Someday...

Great Scott! I finally did it, I created my TPR forum account after something like a year and half. Better late than never I suppose. Now I just need to to sign up for Club TPR for coaster mania at Cedar Point in June and I'm all set. I feel like I'm playing Taiko Drum Master with these smielys, lol

Anyways... "To the future!" (Emmett NO!) "How much did he have?" (Just one.) "Just one?" (There's a fella who can't hold his liquor.)

Your Friend in Time,

Dr. Emmett L. Brown aka Jon

Hello TPR,

I'm Colleen and I've been a member of the site for awhile but today I posted for the first time.

I grew up in Indiana and went to Indiana Beach many times every summer, then moved near Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL in Junior High. I once got stuck on the Whizzer for over hour on the spiral lift hill and had to climb down from the top.

I'm currently planning a trip to Dollywood with my sister for late Spring/Early Summer 2010.I have a ton of pictures from a trip to WDW in 2005, was wondering if anyone is interested in seeing a photo report from that long ago?

My avatar is a picture of my hamster, Penelope Pancakes

Hi, I'm Issy. Long time theme park fan but I have to say that my roller coaster count has been a bit poor in recent years. Living down in Devon UK we seem to be a long way from any decent rides, but I'm planning a few excursions over the next year. Definitely a trip to Alton Towers for Th13teen, then hoping to head over to the US later in the year.

Last time I was anywhere with some good rides was Las Vegas a few years ago. Would like to do Dollywood with my friend at some point but that is less for the rides and more for the overall kitsch-ness (is that a word?) and love of the legend that is Dolly.

Other things about me (to prove I'm a real person ): love music, making websites, playing with video, movies, hanging out with friends - all the usual stuff.

Great to be here.

Issy

Hello TPR!

My name is Alex. Usually Alexander, but I hate that long version somehow. I'm 20 years old, and live in the beautiful city of Heidelberg. Also, though I'm german, I love to hear my name in english. It sounds waaay cooler. However, I've been visiting this site permanently since... let me guess. 2007 or so! I never managed to get an account, but then finally decided to. Due to the fact that I am a HUGE coaster enthusiast and that I speak fluent english, I have always been fascinated of this site and all the FUN that you guys have on your trips. I've read so many of the trip reports TPR is posting posted from all over the world. I'd love to follow the Alveys on a few one day! Unfortunately I do not work yet, I'm still a pupil, so this is totally impossible because of the prices.

Luckily I love travelling as much as roller coasters and theme parks. So that won't be a problem in case that I really start booking trips one day. My coaster count is unfortunately terrible poor, so poor I don't even want to tell you. Well, I do it anyway. It probably isn't more than 20 or 25 different coasters. But those include a few of the best, like Expedition GeForce, so that adjusts it a little bit I guess

I myself think that I am a warm, friendly person that you can have so much fun with. I'm doing a travel assistant education at the moment, including the university entrance diploma. This education will end next year, thereafter I will do a 4 month internship in London.

But is all that really interesting? I'm here to have fun and read the newest informations about theme parks and roller coasters! Actually I can barely wait to follow TPR on a trip for the first time - which will happen for sure! I could also imagine to visit the states with TPR.

Good night world!

I can't believe I haven't done this yet. Anyway...

Hello Everyone!

I'm Tom. I'm a student filmmaker. I have been studying film for three years and it has become a huge part of my life. I'm a huge horror fan. I love the feeling of being scared. My love of horror flicks is actually what sparked my interest in filmmaking. I have met many famous horror stars such as Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger himself), Malcolm McDowell, Scout Taylor-Compton (Rob Zombie's Halloween), and George A. Romero.

I'm bi. I came out about a month ago. Unfortunately, I live in a town that is not so accepting of that kind of thing.

Obviously, I'm a coaster junkie. I have been one my entire life. And I've known who Bolliger & Mabillard were since I was five.

Hello!

My name is Jan and I´m from Germany.

Actually I´m a student and I´m 16 years old.

My hobbys are: (Of course) Rollercoasters, the NBA ( I love the american way to play basketball) and videogames (I prefer the "RollerCoasterTycoon 2)

I think I´ll have a great time here and I hope I´ll see you in some german themeparks