TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hi everyone,

I'm Dennis from Atlanta, GA. I'm originally Toronto, Canada so i grew up with Canada's Wonderland with my favorite coaster being the roughest woody there...Wildebeest/ Wild Beast haha! Some of my other favorites include Cedar Point's Intamin collection. My favorite place on earth is Disney World where we took my daughter Maia there last november for her first birthday! Ok, yeah so this is my first post, but I've been following TPR, Rob and Elissa for years now...dunno if i may be a record lurker. So thanks for all the awesome trip reports all these years, and maybe I'll be able to one day post a trip report or something.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy,

I'm Michael from Charlotte, NC (less than 10 minutes from Carowinds). I'm a relatively new coaster geek but am loving every second of it now. My coaster count is 127 in 25 different parks but am looking to add a good bit this summer. I am the father of 2 future enthusiasts: a six-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl. My son's coaster count is currently 19 and he has just hit the all-important 48-inch mark late this past summer. We're both looking forward to a fun amusement park-filled summer.

Hi everyone. This is Bill Figie. I have been a member of ACE for over 30 years. I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. I selected Post a reply. In a tool I use at work for Customer Support, they call a new post a reply, so I hope I am doing this correctly. I guess I will be coming back to the forum more because I saw a section on movies and such. I am always looking for movies that contain coaster scenes. I found 2 brief shots in Handcock and Wild Hogs. I have identified almost 300 movies with coasters in them. Take care.

^ Bill, you did it right!

It would be awesome if you could post some of your "coasters in movies" information.

There are a couple of threads we have so far:

Coasters in Commercials:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50111

Coasters in TV Shows:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26255

Coasters in Movies:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18863

my name is austin i live in the us

when i was 3 i went on the scooby doo ghoster coaster and totally flipped out, then when i was about 6 my mom persuaded me to go on the anaconda and i got hooked (all at kings dominion) & years later i cant get enough

Also i play disc golf which is like golf but with a frisbee its really fun< MY teacher that i soo hapen to ahve for civics is the 13th best women disc golfer in the world (what a coincidence)

Hello,

My name is Bob Roginski and I have returned to my home town of Scranton, PA (any fans of "The Office" out there?) after working in Albuquerque, NM for 30 years. I'm obviously retired, but still enjoy riding coasters and will continue as long as possible

Conservatively, I have now ridden a total of 514 different coasters in 5 different countries, including the UK, Japan and Spain. I have my favorites like everyone else, but I'll spare you the details for now. If you were one of those who attended the TPR 2007 Spain trip, there is a chance that we may have already met. If not then perhaps we will have a chance in the upcoming trip to the UK.

Aside from the obvious, I'm looking forward to the UK trip because I really like England. This will be my third trip overall, and my second for the purpose of coasting. I'm quite the aficionado of Sherlock Holmes and hope that there is time to visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221b Baker Street (where else?) in London. If this is something interests you, then check it out at www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk.

I could not locate a suitable picture of myself, but I'll eventually find one and update my profile. That's all I have for now except to say that I hope to meet as many of you as possible.

Bob Roginski

Scranton, PA USA

My name is Norm. My home park is Cedar Point. I have no idea how many coasters I have rode. I never thought to keep count. I used to work for Disney World and if I have my wish will retire there some day. I think my favorite coaster has to be The Beast. It was the original "big" coaster I rode and still holds a place in my heart. Love the site. Keep up the great work.

Hi my name is John Smith. (yes I know) I'm a longtime coaster fan since my first ride on the Bobs coaster at Belle-View park in Manchester in the north of England. Both the ride and the park are long gone, closed in the mid 60s I think.

I came to the US in 1965 to bum my way around and see the country, I loved it here and very quickly decided to stay. Became a US citizen in 2008 and I am now retired after 35 years working for the airlines and then various cruise lines. I'm now 66 and while all my friends think I'm crazy my greatest pleasure is coasters of any type. Thats why I love TPR I get to ride till I'm black and blue.

Can't wait for March 20 and 21. Time to ride again! My sister is flying in from England to ride with me, I trained her well!

See you there...

Thanks for your reply. I worked in sales with 4 Lines ( Holland America--Pearl--Ocean-- Dolphin ) the last three no longer sailing,older ships that would have cost to much to upgrade to the new US safety standards even though some of the ships are still sailing out of other ports with new names.

I still go on 3 to 4 cruises a year but only when the price is right. I know the biz in and out as I had my own cruise agency for a few years, still going but no longer part of it.

If you have any questions fire away.

Hey y'all! My name is Kasserine Fernanda Nisha Ali (really long, I know, but I didn't exactly have a say in it!) I usually go by Kassie, Kas, some other short version of my name, or even "You with the hair"!

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (featuring West Edmonton Mall and The Mindbender!)

I am completely addicted to this site, and go through serious withdrawals when it's down for whatever reason! Thanks Robb and Elissa for such an amazing site!

I am a true Disney Dork and proud of it!

I have been pretty much TERRIFIED of roller coasters, but somehow TPR makes me really want to ride them! YAY!!!

I look forward to a TPR trip in 2011, and finally conquer my fears!

Hey everyone, Ive been a long time lurker to this site, I read it a lot and after the forum update I figured, well why not make an account, its like a fresh start. So here I am. My name is John, and I am situated in the Orlando area, I love it here! I'm not really a "manta fanboy" per say, I just couldn't think of a username, and I am totally unoriginal.

- John

Hi, I'm Emi from Vallejo, California, home of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Our Medusa is better than the one in New Jersey. I have ridden over 600 roller coasters but I don't count them because this is my husband's hobby. He's ridden more than 640. I like TPR because they put on awesome events at Magic Mountain and their DVDs are really good. We are using them for training our twin girls so they won't be too chicken to ride roller coasters when they get old enough.

Hey, I'm Lorraine from Maryland. I've lurked here and there, but I've never really had an account. My best friend, Nicole, is the one that showed me the site. she knows so much more about roller coasters than me, but I can learn, right? I haven't had many opportunities to visit theme parks, as I've only been to three in my entire life. Yeah, I know it really is pathetic. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to visit more theme parks, but I blame the economy. I HAVE ridden almost every ride in those three parks, so finally, victory! Hope to meet some of you, and I'm saving up for a 2011 TPR trip!

Hi! I am Nicole from Virginia! My home park is Kings Dominion. Well, Six Flags America is closer but I go to Kings Dominion the most. I have ridden about 40 roller coasters. Which is sad because I have been Six Flags Magic Mountain (Most of the rides were closed so I ended up riding like...4 rides) and Cedar Point (my friend passed out on Mantis so we had to leave. I rode 4 there too.) I am hoping to get back out to both of those this year. I also love lost but not the first episode of season 6. That was terrible. Anyway, I am so excited to start posting and want to go on one of the TPR trips in 2011.

Heya, I'm Charlotte I'm from Wolverhampton, England. I am a recently converted rollercoaster lover, as in a few years ago I was terrified and abroad it is Walt Disney World Florida though I haven't been on any of the coasters yet despite going 4 times!! That shall be rectified in the near future. Anyway, I joined because my boyfriend, Chris Sawyer (not sure of his username on here) joined and went on your West Coast trip last year & he seemed to have such a fun time I thought I want to join in!!

I have a very small coaster count right now I think it's about 33 But this year I'm hopefully going to most of the major parks in the UK and also Porta Ventura, Europa and Disneyland Paris!! Hopefully I can go to a TPR trip next year *fingers crossed*

Nice to meet you all!

Hey Everyone

Its Jonny or Jonathan from Sheffield,England here as you may tell iam a Blackpool Pleasure Beach or Pleasure Beach Blackpool (Nowadays) Fan. Hopefully by joining this site i will be able to post regular updates from the resort and let all you guys know all there is to know about the Uks Best Theme park...

So whats Special about the PB?

Iam 18 Season Pass holder and my favorite ride is the Irn-Bru Revolution (Europes first full looping Coaster) the thing what makes Pleasure Beach special is that its unique and has a blend of old and new from Grand National a Twin track-Racing Woodie to Pepsi Max big one Formely the Worldest Tallest Coaster or to todays records Europes number 1 Hypercoaster or second tallest.

Iam sure as time goes on you will get to know me abit more

Jonathan