TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

What's up! After a long, long time of reading TPR i've finally decided to become a member. My name's Mike. I'm 20 yrs old and am a current employee of Six Flags Magic Mountain, and have been since 2003. I started off at the main gate tearing tickets and eventually became a tickets lead. Since becoming a lead i've moved around to cashiers, toll gate, and most recently Parking Lot. So if your at the Park and happen to see an extremely handsome young man driving the parking lot truck, or maybe even driving you up to the main gate on one of our world famous trams don't be afraid to say hi.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! I'm Danielle, 19, and I live in Lake Forest, CA.

I'm mainly a Disneyland enthusiast, but do enjoy the thrills of Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags MM. I am in LOVE with Tatsu and Goliath and I have yet to ride X2. My favorite coaster at Knott's is Boomerang and my favorite at Disneyland is Space Mountain. Aside from theme/amusement parks, I enjoy music and singing. I took voice lessons for 4 years but have been singing since I was little. I also play 6 different instruments.

Can't wait to join in the fun here!

- Danielle

Hello everyone! I'm from Utah and I love roller coasters! I just got a job at Lagoon, and I'm so excited. My favorite coaster there is Wicked, but I've also been on the Viper at Six Flags Great America, Giant Dipper at Belmont Park, and Desperado outside of Vegas. I'm also going to Disneyland for the first time next month.

Hey All!

I'm Monorail Man!

I'm Hastin, a 22 year old park freak from Apple Valley, CA (90 miles to SFMM or Disneyland - and like 92 to Knott's).

I'm the Technical Admin. over at MiceChat, and Rob posted the info on WCB 2009, so I've been lurking over here, and decided to register (and go to WCB)!

This seems like a really fun community, I can't wait to meet everyone!

-Hastin

Hey everyone, the name's Kevin. Hailing currently from Ohio University, though when at home I'm in Brookville, about an hour from Kings Island. I'm a huge fan of amusement parks in general and aim to be a sort of historian on the subject. I probably visit Cedar Point and Kings Island with the highest frequency in a given year (there really aren't too many other larger parks that are close/I can actually get to), though this year my goal is to make it out to Holiday World. Humongous fan of Walt Disney World as well. Favorite ride of all rides I've ever had the chance to ride would have to be Millennium Force, hands down.

Probably won't post much since I'll have trouble keeping up (I'm almost sure of it), but I'm looking forward at least to reading some great reviews and being more up-to-date on the latest in theme park news!

Good evening everybody! I am a new member here. Actually, I joined a long time ago (the date surprises me), but I've never posted before.

So now I'm posting!

I live in Orlando Florida, and am originally from the St. Pete area. Busch Gardens Tampa is my preferred theme park of choice, and the great Montu is my favorite roller coaster.

Heya All!

Nice to be here. I'm from Ontario, Canada - my home park is Canada's Wonderland (Season Pass holder since 1995, as a young lad I was at the park opening in 1981).

If anyone ever needs a ride partner at CW, drop me a message.

I'm an independent webmaster and audio producer. I enjoy photography, cooking (with fresh stuff from my garden!) and my XBOX 360.

If you are wondering about my avatar pic...It's the actual label from the first track laid out during construction for BeHe (CW's Behemoth coaster).

Hello all!

I'm a finnish coaster fanatic, living in southern Finland and thus my home park is Linnanmäki. This year I got really lucky and got a summer job as a ride-op in Linnanmäki.

I'm also in Coasterforce Forums behind the same nick.

Hey everybody, I'm sure some of you may know me from Atari forums, and if not, well you can call me Glue, or Gluesniffa. I'm currently sixteen residing in MA and have only been on 39 roller coasters. Hopefully I can boost that up within the next few years.

I gotta say I love these emoticons.

I'm Brigitta, longtime theme park enjoyer and ride liker. I grew up in Southern California and spent much of my time going to theme parks growing up, especially Disneyland. At one point, my mom's wife got a job at DL and I would go every Friday. This led to a) me appreciating a lot of the secluded, quieter parts of the park and b) me becoming BATSHIT AFRAID of a lot of giant dudes with fannypacks who would get into shouting matches online as to whether or not the Mulan Parade was the greatest parade of all time.

All searches online for a place to talk about theme parks led to finding forums that seemed in the same I AM SO UTTERLY SERIOUS ABOUT THEME PARKS >:( attitude, so finding this site late last year was a delight.

Some of the parks I spent my childhood/late teens at include: Disneyland (for obvious reasons, although them getting rid of the art gallery makes me sad), Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags (only went twice, didn't really like it either time), Universal (which I actually loved despite the Spider Man Rocks trainwreck of a stageshow), Sea World San Diego, and local theme park Castle Park (whose old school, four story arcade was the greatest thing about the Inland Empire).

Now I live in Texas and oh boy this is not as fun of a place to live if you enjoy theme parks. Even Sea World San Antonio is kind of a letdown.

I'm afraid of anyone with a fanny pack. Big, small, male or female.

I'm also afraid of anyone arguing the merits of the Mulan Parade.

I once had a woman talk with me (a passholder, obviously, from not only the garb but the pass around her neck and the pintrading pin lanyard and etc) about how the streets of heaven contain the Mulan Parade.

I once had a woman talk with me (a passholder, obviously, from not only the garb but the pass around her neck and the pintrading pin lanyard and etc) about how the streets of heaven contain the Mulan Parade.

So are you implying that it doesn't?

Welcome to TPR.

Hey TPR!

My name's Justin and i love this freaking site.

I have been lurking here for years but never registered until now. I am also a theme park nerd of sorts, and have scaled the east coast's entire offering of parks countless times. I live in York, PA which is closest to Hersheypark and also only an 80 minute drive to Knoebels (World's greatest traditional park). And um yeah, Dorney's over there somewhere..

I am 21 and a student at the Art Institute of York, where i am shooting for an awesome degree in specialized technology. Whether or not it will land me with a job that will give me the opportunity to maybe go on one of your international trips is yet to be determined.

Robb, when i read the news about the new A Boy & His Blob game and saw that it was being produced by Robb Alvey, my initial thought was that it had to be another dude, to which i shat brix when i found out that it really was you. Man, you are gonna make a fortune. Just look at how well World of Goo did. The game is really drawing a lot of hype and I know a lot of people who are in love with the NES original and are expecting your game to take WoG's place on the top of the Top 20 when it's released. You are an awesome dude by me mainly because you have my two dream jobs, but also because i can relate to the kid thing. I also have a 2 year old daughter and me and my girlfriend always run into problems with that if we can't find other people to go to parks with us. Every single rider line is a fast but lonely road.. but the excuse for riding kiddie rides makes it all worth it!

Your trip reports are some of the best content on the internets. Watching your awesome lives in envy has become something i look forward to every time the photos from a recent event are posted. It's been kind of similar to watching a good tv series. There are constant scene changes, the characters grow on you the more you watch.. But talk about envy! I mean how the hell did you people get so lucky! I'll be surprised if i'll ever get the money or time to go to asia or europe to experience their awesome parks before retirement or something. Guess i'll have to settle with traditional parks and six flags for now..

BTW, i hate the six flags corporation with a passion. I've yet to have a good day at one, and unless the ones on the other side of country are better you won't find me looking forward to visiting one. Cedar Fair, Kennywood parks and Busch parks are decent "chains" by me i. I prefer smaller family owned parks like Knoebels, Waldameer, etc. but i am also a big fan of the dying seaside parks and amusement piers.

Well, i hope i am welcome here in this ultimate dream world of theme park nerdery and i hope to share my experiences and thoughts with all of you soon!

Hey everyone!

My name is Alice. I live just outside Washington DC with my parents, and am currently in 8th grade. Though I've only been to Six Flags America, Indiana Beach, Universal Studios and SeaWorld theme park-wise, I really consider myself a fan of roller coasters and parks in general. I can't really think how many coasters I've been on total, but, unfortunately, it's probably not that many. I'm also a big fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, and because I'm a total nerd I spend a lot of time playing that. Other than that, in my spare time I write. Yes, I'm a nerd, so I write. Essays, fiction, poems, lyrics - everything. I hope to do that as a career. Then maybe I'll make enough money to go around to as many theme parks as possible. I'm fourteen, and I've been on this site for a while, just sort of looking around - maybe since I was ten or such. But I just recently decided to register.

I hope I won't bother too many of you with my presence! Love ya!

Alice, the really pathetic girl who sits at home all day.

Hey everyone,

I am Nemesiscrazy.

As the name suggests my favorite coaster in the world is Nemesis at Alton Towers. Closely followed by my second favorite, Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Magic Mountain being one of the coolest parks I have ever been to. It was ace. I have been a coaster enthusiast for a long time. I have been browsing this web site for a while and decided to take the plunge and join. I think I will enjoy my time here on Theme Park Review.

I also guess donkey's are okay.

Nemesiscrazy

Hey I'm Matt and I thought I'd register and join this great community. I live nearest to Alton Towers, but I'm off to Florida this summer for some epic coaster riding. I'm still too young to come on any trips, but the future is a mystery.

Hello everyone. My name is JC.

I've been an advocate of coaster riding since I was 11. Fifteen years later I've been on 149 roller coasters around the country. (Would have been 150, but X2 was not working that day.)

I live towards Cleveland, Ohio so of course my home park is Cedar Point.

As of now I attend Kent State University pursuing a degree in Architecture.

Recently, I went to Knotts Berry Farm in California and met another advocate coaster rider who informed me about ThemeParkReview.com. I never knew that there are so many of us in the world. Awesome!

BTW, i hate the six flags corporation with a passion. I've yet to have a good day at one, and unless the ones on the other side of country are better you won't find me looking forward to visiting one. Cedar Fair, Kennywood parks and Busch parks are decent "chains" by me i. I prefer smaller family owned parks like Knoebels, Waldameer, etc. but i am also a big fan of the dying seaside parks and amusement piers.

You DO know that dissing Six Flags is SOOOO 2001-2005, Cedar Fair is the new company to hate.