TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hey, I'm Jeremy. I'm 14 and from central Illinois.

I have been an active member of other coaster websites, particularly CoasterSims, for a while now, but haven't posted much at all here. I HAVE used this site for many photo references though, so thanks for that everyone. But now I have decided to become a little more active in the forums of this site.

My home park is debateable, as there are 5 parks around me that I visit most often. However there is a catch to this, and that is that all of them are in between 2 1/2 and 4 hours away! However my favorites are the smaller ones, Indiana Beach and Holiday World. Both don't have the traditional rip-off price standards, plus Cornball Express (back seat mainly) and the three woodies at Holiday World are some of my favorite rides.

Hopefully I will be coming on an east or west coaster TPR trip in one of these upcoming summers, as soon as I save up enough extra cash.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, my name is Nick, I'm 18 and I'm from central New York, so my home park would probably be The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, about 60 miles north of me. I've never really counted how many coasters I've been on, but I'd say over 50, at least.

As you can see by my registration date, I registered last year but never really got into using this account. (Yes, I know I'm registered on 7/7/07 and am posting this on 8/8/08, that wasn't really planned, but I find it funny) I don't know how much I'll be using this account, but I hope I can be posting here more than I have over the last year.

Hi all! I'm Rex from RexandtheBeast.com. The Beast and I are theme park fans that travel around the country enjoying, reviewing, filming and podcasting on theme parks, thrill parks and amusement parks. We have been fans of TPR for a while and decided to finally join! See you around the boards.

Hello TPR, my name is Ian.

I'm 14 and I'm Newcastle-Upon-Tyne which is city in the North East of England.

I'm a musician, I mainly play bass but, I can play guitar, piano/keyboards (Really well for a matter of fact), Double Bass and Ukulele, I think that's how you spell it.

I can be a very lazy person most of the time, but ironically, I don't get that much sleep but in a way of being lazy, I regularly do sod all. I mean the most I do in a day is either just watch T.V all day or go on the Computer all day with either the T.V. or a CD on in the backround.

I have a nice personality and I do get on well with other people, that's why I like going on Forum's like this one and other's.

So I look forward to a happy time on TPR.

Hey!

I'm Britt, I'm 19 years old and I live about 30 minutes away from Canada's Wonderland. I've been to Eurodisney and Disneyworld (thought DW was a bit of a bust because I was only like, 3). I haven't ridden 100+ coasters like most of you here but I'm a big fan of thrill rides and I'd LOVE to get in on one of the TPR trips.

Oh right, something non-coaster related I play guitar/sing on my youtube channel eurogirl21.

so there, any questions, just ask

Hello!

I'm Ben and I'm from Southern Illinois, only 2 or 3 hours away from Six Flags St. Louis. I've only been on 16 roller coasters so far and that's pretty much it right there.

Something non-coaster related is that I listen to music and draw! And I like watching TV.

By the way, this looks like the coolest roller coaster forum I've ever seen!

Yea... I am so late with this. But I need to start sometime right? Anyhow, I am Robert but most people call me Rob. Yea, weird right? Anyway, I live in Easton PA and am in a prime place for theme parks. Dorney is the closest at about 25 minutes away. SF Great Adventure and Hershey and Konebels are all within 3 hours of a drive. Hope to add some more credits as I get older.

Hey! I’m Matthew from California. I’m not sure exactly how many roller coasters I’ve been on, but I would guess around 45. I didn’t get to go to any parks this summer, so I’m kind of having coaster withdrawal

When I have free time I like listening to music, hanging out with friends, and getting coffee and pearl milk tea !

I hope to get to know you all better!

-Matthew

Hello people. It's been a while since i read the forum and now I'm starting to become, lets say, more active.

I'm from Greece, where the only coasters you can get on, are some kiddie ones in fair ground parks Some years ago, I came across Rob n Elissa's online videos. I was so inspired and fascinated by the coasters and the theme parks and was so eager to be on a real roller coaster and feel the rush. After a year or so, I was on a coaster trip in Netherlands with a roller coaster fun club. It was so amazing that i had become instantly addicted! Back home, turned some of my usual travel buddies into coaster maniacs too and ever since 2005, I travel and travel doing coasters. I don't have much experience in coasters (have only ridden 18 in Europe) and I'd love to make it to the States and ride all the major ones I keep watching in videos!

My favorite type of coaster is those non looping, no overhead restraints, BIG airtime, intamin megacoasters. So my top coaster is Expedition Ge force in Germany. Which one would you suggest me to ride in the States? Is really Superman ride of Steel in SFNE much superior to Expedition Ge force??? And what about 'X' ? I'd really love to ride a 4th dimensional but i hear rumors that it's not that great after all...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Rob and Elissa thanks for the forum and thanks for those online videos that introduced me to the magnificent scream machines

Hey everyone. My name is Oliver (you can call me Oli) and I live in North Carolina. I'm about an hour drive away from my home park, Carowinds. About me, I like the NFL, watching movies, and of course roller coasters. And I'm Asian, if anyone cares .

Also, I would love to go on a TPR trip someday!

Hola, dudes and dudettes out there in TPR Land! ...

My name's Kate. I'm 16... sweet sixteen as they say... literally today. I'm from a beachy suburb on the eastern coastline of Down Under & in this timezone it's just become my birthday. We don't have many parks or coasters here but I joined because I want to plan an overseas trip sometime. But that'll be awhile yet (in second-last year of school).

Well from my nickname and avatar you can probably guess my major hobby lol... ballet. It's awesome and I've been doing it for about three years now. Strangely enough I came to start it because my little brother Michael gave it a go and liked it more than anything else physical he'd done but needed someone to do it with for his confidence. So now we're both into it. It's a competitive thing between us but we're pretty equal.

Guy ballet dancers get a hard time but I find them awesome and hot as hell.

Michael's younger by only two minutes though (but I still give him a hard time as is the right of a 'big' sister, haha).

Ahh what else... horses! Mum's sister has a property in the country which is pretty close & I go out there a lot with friends from school. Pleasingly, riding is something Michael sucks at.

I don't have any other brothers or sisters. My parents live apart which is kind of hard but they are pretty good friends still which is better than nothing. Er... I also have a spiritual side... yoga, meditating and all that kind of thing.

Aside from a really ultramegacrappy Six Flags park ('America' in Maryland), I've only been to the parks in Australia and miss Sydney's Wonderland to death We need some woodies here badly. Don't know what my coaster count is but it's low. I try to get to carnivals to experience some different rides, there are a few around each year.

Now I am going to hit bed so I'm not a zombie for my birthday. Catch you all soon and looking forward to being part of this site!

Hey everyone!

My name is Marcio... I'm from Brazil and I really love TPR! I registered here two days ago even though I've been accessing this site since 2006.

It's not common to find other rollercoaster addicts by here... But we have a coaster club that is growing and being recognized day after day (http://www.cbmr.com.br).

I live in Rio de Janeiro, next to Terra Encantada (Enchanted Land) - an almost failed theme park, but that still has Monte Makaya (an Intamin 8-Loop that is my way of life! )

Be sure that one day I'm gonna join all you TPR guys in one of your awesome trips around the world.

You can talk to me anytime about Brazil... It would be a pleasure to help you to know what happens here in our local theme park industry.

Hey everyone,

My name is Martyn and I'm 20. I live in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (England). There really aren't any parks around my area, so I'd guess the nearest would be Alton Towers. But I probably see more of the Florida theme parks than I do the British ones. I'm a total whore for Universal Studios .

Anyway I'll be around the forums now, so I'll hopefully see you guys there.

I am Jacob from Minnesota. I am going to college for a Computer Science degree. The whole reason I actually care about coasters is because I work at Valleyfair in the summer.

My coaster count is small right now. I have ridden all of the coasters at VF, I've only ridded one at the mall, and I've ridden most of the coasters at WDL. (Space Mountain was closed when I visted). I am hoping to increase my coaster count next year with a coaster trip. (The only thing for certain is Cedar Point right now). I happened to be one of a few people that actually liked working in rides at Valleyfair.

if i was a guy like me and new here and had a coaster count of about 40, live in England, already have a well established account on coastercrazy.com and love roller coasters more than anyone i personally know then i would post here. wait a minute, I'm a guy like me! hi guys!

Hi, I am Danny, another regular guest reader who has seen the light and registered. Local park is Loudoun Castle.

Got addicted to coasters back in 1973 when my dads work took us to NC for 18months. My own kids have re-ignited the flame - after one family trip to a theme park, they want all holidays to have at least 1 park nearby.

Hello TPR! My name is Bryan, I live in the San Francisco bay area. I'm 26yrs old I work as a crane operator for a local company. I've been in love with coasters since i can remember. I've had my hand in assembling and disassembling coasters. Not the highlight of my career. My dream is to be able to go on one of TPR's awesome trips. Hope to meet some great people here!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Michelle and I'm 23 years old. I'm originally from Pasadena, CA but I live in Irvine right now. I'm currently going school at UCI studying psychology and I work as a store manager at Abercrombie & Fitch. Love theme parks, but unfortunately, I've only been to parks in California. Love reading the TR's! Keep up the good work!