TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to meet ya Mattnz.

Ooooo, New Zealand. I hear it's quite lovely there.

Hope your trip to Georgia and Florida will be a blast for ya!

Thanks very much! I will finally fulfill lots of 'life' goals, i.e. I've never been on an inverted coaster (?!), never been on a wooden coaster (?!), never been on a stand-up... I could go on!

NZ, apart from the lack of thrill rides, has its charms.

Hey everyone!

My name's Ryan, I'm 19, and I live in the glorious city of Stoke-On-Trent!

I worked at Alton Towers on Nemesis in 2006, which is where I found out about you guys, thought you were hilarious, so here I am!

Would love to come on a meet with you guys sometime in the future, maybe when I'm a bit more established on the forums.

I'm an established member of Towers Times Forums (TTF) if any of you guys know them, and hope to be one here too!

So, for now, in the style of a true Stokie - "Ta duck, tata for now!"

Ryan

Hey everyone!

My name is James and I live in eastern Arizona, about two hours east of Phoenix to be exact. I've been fascinated with roller coasters for the past eight years. I always loved playing roller coaster games, and even once dreamed of being a roller coaster designer/engineer. Right now I'm just a college student, trying to figure out what to do with my life.

The park that I visit the most would be SFMM, and i normally go at least 2-3 times per year; and that's a nine to ten hour drive. I wish I could get out to parks more often, there are many parks i would still love to go and visit. My roller coaster count is rather low, i've only ridden 33 different rides. I have yet to go to the park which is closest to my home, Castles 'N Coasters in Phoenix, maybe I will sometime just to say I've gone. My friends think I'm crazy, but I think it'd be awesome to work at a theme park for a summer.

Something random about me is that I love to sing and act. I'm involved in theater and choir at my college, it's a lot of fun for me. I also enjoy camping and mountain biking.

I'm looking forward to meeting other fellow coaster enthusiasts. I've known about this site for a while now and just recently decided to join. I always love the photo updates, they're so hilarious!

Hey guys, I thought I re-introduce myself since I've been away from the forums for a good few months. Well the reason for my disappearance is I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues which led me into depression while I was living in Las Vegas. The job I had out there did not work at all, I was hired on mis-information that I would get full time hours...well, 25-30hrs a week doesn't cut it for someone who's trying to live on their own in vegas. So at the end of February I did the 4 day, 2,600 mile drive back home to Connecticut where i can start new. I'm back at my old job part time and I'm going to find another part time job at one of the news stations here in town.

I also got to see my boyfriend when I came home so I was happy about that too.

So yeah, hopefully I'll kick myself to post on TPR more frequently like in the early days.

P1000274.JPG.1af4b3aa4a4051e3cf18d1ed7671cc05.JPG

I'm on the left. AJ the guy i've been with for almost a year is on the right

Hey guys, I thought I re-introduce myself since I've been away from the forums for a good few months. Well the reason for my disappearance is I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues which led me into depression while I was living in Las Vegas. The job I had out there did not work at all, I was hired on mis-information that I would get full time hours...well, 25-30hrs a week doesn't cut it for someone who's trying to live on their own in vegas. So at the end of February I did the 4 day, 2,600 mile drive back home to Connecticut where i can start new. I'm back at my old job part time and I'm going to find another part time job at one of the news stations here in town.

I also got to see my boyfriend when I came home so I was happy about that too.

So yeah, hopefully I'll kick myself to post on TPR more frequently like in the early days.

Welcome back. You guys make a cute couple.

Hi... my name is Ray P. I have been posting on other message boards for about 10 years now, but for some reason, the fun just isn't there anymore. It seems like the world of online coastering has become one of constant bickering, trolling, and the oh-so-annoying "Site Wars" where people aren't even allowed to mention certain sites by name. I was always under the impression that this hobby was about enjoying amusement parks and just having fun. Seems like somewhere I missed the memo that you have to be a Business Major or act like a complete snob in order to be deemed "cool".

Stats about myself: 37 years old, married for almost one full year, bought a home with my wife in October 2007, got laid off from my job of 12 years in November 2007, am now going back to school for a Graphic Design degree, and I enjoy visiting amusement and theme parks.

In any case, I will do my best to contribute positively when I can and look forward to sharing photos as well. Photo TR's are my kind of thing...

Ray P.

Hey everyone,

I'm a regular member of Thrillnetwork and usually frequent here but never actually posted anything...until now.

About myself:

Actual name is Ryan

21 (22 in 12 days)

Live just east of Toronto

Mechanical Engineering student

Have wanted to be an Imagineer since I first stepped foot into Magic Kingdom when I was about 8 (granted, back then I didn't know there was an actual term for the job and just called it "design stuff for Disney World")

About the avatar...

It's a Hannah Montana costume I found in EPCOT a few weeks ago. My friends and I weren't sure if the costume is for boys or girls so we decided to take a picture of it and have some laughs. We asked the cashier about it, but they didn't know either.

Well I am new here, but no where near new to becoming a coaster enthusiast. I have been one since 2000 really, thanks to my first coaster which I rode with my papap then Lightning Racer.

For the few that post on COASTER-net.com, I am a staff member there and have been since 2004? I own a Great Adventure fan site, http://gadvonline.com. It is a really great site and of course, Six Flags Great Adventure has always been my home park. I live about a half an hour from the park.

I have rode over 140 different coasters, and I am fortunate enough to have Phoenix at Knoebels as my 100! My favorite coasters are El Toro and Superman Ride of Steel. I know my steel is a weak, but you can't bring down Toro!

For other information, I am fifteen, love the boardwalk, been wrestling five years coming up, girls, Phillies, HUGE PHILLIES FAN, and thats about it.

Great to be on the site!

Hi guys!

Before I start, I want to apologize for possible grammatical (or other) errors...

So I'm new here, that's for sure. And I'm also a brand new coaster enthusiast... I've always liked coasters (who doesn't?!) but it is since last year that I became "obsessed"

And now that I've found this site, with all the great pics and videos, it's getting worse with this obsession... I'm already dreaming about coming along on one of your trips but no money for that right now, alas (I'm a poor student)!

But I'm going to Toverland (The Netherlands) next week, and with some luck I'll be posting my very first trip report soon! Phantasialand (Germany) and Efteling (The Netherlands) are also already scheduled, hooray!

Anyways, about my coaster credits... I have no idea! Around 10, that's all I can say. Not much but I'm working on it And my first coaster ever was a Vekoma corkscrew - Tornado at Walibi Belgium (may he rest in peace). That park, a.k.a. "Vekomaland", is just around the corner from where I live! But the park has lost a bit its glory... What a shame! I hope it will be better this year!

Uhm, that'll be all... Don't have anything more to say for now (I think it's already enough)!

Greetings to all of you crazy coaster-people!

Hey I'm Trevannosaurus. I've spent the last year living in Orlando working for peanuts (actually peanuts would have probably been worth more) In quite possibly the most boring job of all time. Finishing up here now ready to start a new adventure somewhere....

Favourite park is Phantasialand and my favourite coasters are probably Nemesis & Black Mamba.

Hello Beeja. Welcome to ThemeParkReview! I will look forward to your trip report on Toverland. Sounds like you'll be having a blast.

Hello Trevannosaurus Rex. Nice to meet you! I do hear that working for Peanuts can be tedious, but I'm sure there is some fun to it though. Make yourself at home here.

Hello TPR! My name's Reed, or Reedith (that's Reed in olde english)... whichever you prefer.

I'm new, so that's why I'm posting here. I hope to get to know you guys, and vice versa.

I'm an avid park fan, whether it's a cruddy carnival or a 5-star resort, I wanna be there, riding the best rides and seeing the best sights they have to offer!

Now my ego would like to have a word-

I believe I have a great sense of humor, and am creative in a lot of ways... I think I'm a pretty good writer, a great musician, and a great artist both physically and imaginatively. I play the piano, bagpipes, and zydeco tie!

I love drama and theater. I'm a high school freshman and got cast as Scrooge in A Christmas Carol at my school in the fall. I just got back from New York City where I saw Young Frankenstein, and it was AMAZING!! Best show I've ever seen.

Anyhoo, I joined because I love theme parks and theme park review. I like to check out the updates regularly, and now I have the chance to share my thoughts and opinions with you kind people!

Well... I hope I made a nice impression!

Oh yea, theater is so much fun. The people you meet and opportunities that arise- it's just phenomenal all around.

A Christmas Carol ended in December, and we just finished Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat a few weeks ago. On our last night, we sold out! A never-before in our school's history. I played Potiphar in that.

After our spring break we'll start doing one-act plays.

Hey everyone, I'm new here so thought I'd say hello!

My name is Kerri (or Kez, I don't mind either) and I'm from the UK. I've been a member on here for a couple of weeks now. I haven't been on many coasters (truth be told I'm abit of a wuss) but I love going to theme parks just for the great atmospheres they seem to create. I don't know that much technical jargon about coasters/flat rides either!

I probably haven't sold myself as a 'worthwhile' addition to this forum, but I hope to get to know you guys nonetheless and learn the jargon/to be brave on rides!

Hey!

My name is Eline, I'm 15 years old and I live in Norway (BOOOO!), but in my soul, heart and mind I'm American (YAY!!)... My local park is TusenFryd which lies around an hour away from where I live and this year I've applied for a summerjob there.. and next Monday I'll hopefully know if I've got a job there WOHO!! lot's of free rides on me if I get it

hmm.. what more to say about me... hmm... oh yeah... in 1 and a half year I am going to America as an Exchange student and then I hope I'll be able to ride several rollercoasters... the only theme parks I've ever been to is Tusenfryd (obviously) and Liseberg (which by the way should find the stupid people who stole my camping-car and force them to give my TusenFryd teddy back to me!)...

oh.. and I'm just wondering... I've seen all the photos from the Europe trip... and under several of them you've written ERT.. what does ERT mean??