TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

I'm Coasternut17, and I play percussion. I LOVE coasters, and my home park is either the Wisconson Dells or Six flags Great America (tie). I've been on 45 coasters at Six Flags Great America, Busch Gardens Tampa, Timberfalls, Mt. Olympus, Sea World San Antonio, Six Flags Astroworld, Univerasl Studios Orlando, Walt Disney World (all the parks), and Wisconson State Fair. You guys are sooo funny! Do you guys think 45 credits at 12 years old is a lot? Anyway, that's me!

Well I had a good amount of credits before I was 16. But at 21 I have only 56! But that number is going to go up big time this year. Welcome to TPR!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm Zach and I just turned 13 but know a lot about roller coasters, etc, etc.. I have been on 56 coasters (will be 60 when I go to Knott's in March) and am planning to go on many more.

I own my own website and am a member of many other sites so you may know me there. Anyway, see you around the forums and this looks like a great site.

sfgam2006

Hey there! I'm Dennis and just became a dentist. Roller coasters keep me young! Before I was born, I'd already seen the Efteling (Netherlands)!

Since a couple of years I "hunt" roller coasters together with another (new) member at TPR ("Janster"). We've already done a lot in Europe and are almost at the point we really need to go "far away" (USA, Japan, etc.). We both did about 70 roller coasters already.

I love the movies here!

greets,

Dennis (Menghini).

Hi Folks,

I grew up in Southern California less than 15 miles from Magic Mountain. started with the Mountain Express (with the hand brake) more times than I could count back in the 70's.

Now I'm 40 yrs old with 3 children, with my oldest turning 11 this year and just around that magic 54in height required for most coasters. She absolutely loves coasters and has ridden most everything in Southern California.

My wife is scared to death of coasters, so like Princess Leai to Obi Wan Kenobi, "you (my children) are my only hope"....lol

We have passes to SFMM and would love to make the March Event.

Cheers to all!

Ron R.

Hi, I'm Vanessa. I currently divide my time between Northampton, MA and Frederick, MD. The closest theme park to me in MA is Six Flags New England. I've only been there once (cool coasters, but the park as a whole didn't impress me), but I plan to return this summer.

I grew up in Frederick, and my mom still lives there. I went to Hersheypark a lot as a kid. I also went to Wild World (the closest park to us), which then became Adventure World, which now is Six Flags America. I have yet to see it in its Six Flags form. In my younger years, I adored Sesame Place. I haven't been there since 1991, but it still has a special place in my heart.

My first adult coaster was the Trailblazer at Hersheypark, which was the only adult coaster that I would go near until I was fourteen. (I'm the only person in my family who enjoys coasters.) My first coaster with a significant drop was the Comet there. My first looping coaster was the sooperdooperlooper there. (Notice a trend?) My first coaster with more than one loop was the Mind Eraser at Adventure World. People say this coaster is horrible, but it didn't bother me. I actually enjoyed it!

I've only been on Six Flags New England's Superman coaster once because...well...the height of the lift hill intimidated me. I don't like heights. Once a coaster gets going, I'm fine, because I'm going so fast that I hardly know where I am. I just have to get through the lift hills. My strategy involves staring straight ahead and not looking down, whatever I do. By way of illustration, this is what my friend and I said on Superman's lift hill:

Me: I'm not looking down...I'm not looking down...I don't care if it's a nice view, I'm not looking down...

My Friend (just as we're at the top of the hill about to drop): Oh sh@#.

Then off we went...

He loved it. I wasn't used to that much airtime, which made my stomach do flip-flops (which almost never happens to me on coasters). I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Now I realize that I just need to get over this lift hill problem, since I do very much enjoy coasters. Next time, I'm throwing myself on Superman. I don't want to be a coaster wimp.

Oh yes...Elissa, I have a half-sister named Elisa, except it's pronounced like "Lisa" with an "L" sound in front. She had a hell of a time getting people to pronounce it correctly.

Anyway, I had a great time reading/ viewing trip reports here. You guys seem like a lot of fun, and I am FAR from easily offended. I'm not as innocent as I look. Okay, I know you can't see me on here, but trust me on this.

Now I really really want to go to the European parks, particularly those in the Scandanavias and Germany (and most particularly the insane Bon Bon Land). Also Japan. Also...aw hell, I have a lot of places I have yet to go. I'll just travel vicariously with you until I get there.

Hello everybody on this site,

I#m from Germany, Hamburg and came to this site by looking for photos from Tatsu in SixFlags MagicMountain.

We went to West-USA in 2006 on holiday and visiting friends.

By choosing between Disneyland Anaheim and SFMM I think we took the better one...

But we forgot our digi-cam and so I looked for videos 'bout the coaster rides of SFMM.

"Unfortunately" since the visit in SFMM I'm infected by the Coaster-Virus...

And the next park in Germany ("Heide-Park" Soltau) is nice but after the long rides in USA you don't like the Heide-Park any more

Think the next holiday must go to another theme-park somewhere in the world...

Greetings to all from Germany

MakreleHH

Hey, my name is Jordan. My home park is Kennywood. I'm in love with Cedar Point though. I'm 13. I play hockey and skateboard and play RCT2 in my spare time. I've only been to 3 different parks unfortunately, Kennywood, Cedar Point, and Idlewild, but I look forward to going to many other parks.

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I'm 14 and my home park is Six Flags Great Adventure (I'm about 20 minutes away). I've been very interested in roller coasters since I was 11. You may know me from gadv.com, if my username rings a bell. I have a boyfriend Dainan and he's awesome. My idols are the Robb & Elissa and also Kristin Siebeneicher. I like to skim board, body surf, dance, and cheer. I love having a good time. My screen name is; amanddaaaaa x (if you would like to know more). See ya around the boards!

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I first stumbled across the site about a year and a half ago while looking for pictures of Efteling.

Love the trip reports... have to admit that I lived vivaciously through them during the Summer of 2005 because I was stuck in my hometown doing nothing while nursing an injury.

I'm a college student, back at school right now, but last summer and semester I was down in Orlando working at Disney through the Disney College Program... worked both custodial on Main Street and later at Aladdin/Tiki/Treehouse in Adventureland.

Haven't been on the most coasters, and it took me a long time to get myself to go on something that went upside down (first looper was Corkscrew at Silverwood), but now I'll basically go on everything.

I do posess one of the most rare credits though... The Coaster Thrill Ride at the Puyallup Fair.

Love coasters and dark rides of all kinds especially.

I'm very good friends with jackskellington101 who I met while down on the program. I found out that he was a poster when I had know him for just a little bit, it was kind of surprising, but it just made him that much more cool.

Hey there, My name is Wes. I signed up a little while back, but never really got into the forums. I probably made only one post. Anyway, I'm here to try it again. I'm a big Dollywood fan, so I go there almost six times a year. I'm also a big WDW fan and go there maybe once every two years. I'm a big fan of coasters, but unfortunately don't have the time to expand beyond Dollywood. Thanks and I'll see ya later.

Hi!

I'm Edward, a Rollercoaster fan. Actually, fan of the physics involved.

I have Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 3, thinking of getting NoLimits, and I live 12 minutes (drive) from a Theme Park with 4 coasters.

To give you a hint what town I'm in, the 4 coasters are a Zierer Juniour, a Schwarzkopf Steel, an Intamin Woodie, and a Hydraulic Launched Intamin Coaster.

/Edward

Edit: Editing Model info.

Hello,

I'm Doug. I grew up in Los Angeles (the San Fernando Valley, to be specific) and got into roller coasters when my mother took me to SFMM to get me over my fear. My first coaster was Ninja (it had just opened), and I've been hooked ever since. My wife and I recently moved to Reno, Nevada. Unfortunately, while I'm psyched to have the Sierra Nevadas in my backyard, the silver state is an embarrassment when it comes to roller coasters.

I will be travelling to Japan late June/early July for 2 and a half weeks. I look forward to visiting Fuji-Q Highland (keep your fingers crossed for me that Eejanaika isn't closed when I visit) and La Qua (can't wait for Thunder Dolphin). Maybe I'll even take a stab at a TR!

See ya' around the forums.

-Doug

Hi all, Graham here from sunny Scotland.

Great site ! Our paths have crossed before...

Last summer I'd been to the British Grand Prix and managed to fit in trips to Alton Towers and Blackpool on the way home. Well, you have to really, don't you ?!

While staying at the Big Blue hotel I noticed rather a large group of people taking over the restaurant at breakfast. Then when I went back to our room I watched the same group behaving like 5 year olds on Steeplechase with plastic swords and inflatable novelties. Arriving back at the hotel after a day at the park this same group seemed to be staging a LAN event in the lobby. They did seem a very nice and friendly bunch though

So finally I find out who you are !