TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hello.

I was introduced to coasters at Busch Gardens Williamsburg with The Big Bad Wolf being my first coaster and The Loch Ness Monster being my second. I have been to a few parks, and hope to go to more, since I love riding coasters and love the physics behind them.

Now for some (maybe) non-roller coaster information. I'm into 3D graphics and modeling, as well as computer programming. I also play the organ and repair sound equipment, primarily vintage. I am also not good at writing introductions, or maintaining a forum profile.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick here, from coaster sparse Seattle. Travel far and wide to ride coasters. Get to SFMM most often, Twisted Colossus is insanely good! Also frequent Universal Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa. Looking forward to visiting Dollywood next year.

Always enjoy your trip reports on Facebook!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am John and have been reading these forums for quite a while and watching TPR's videos on YouTube, so, I've decided to join. My home park (and my favourite park) is Canada's Wonderland as I visit there about every two weeks during the season. I have also been to two US amusement parks which are Kings Island (July 2014) and Dorney Park (June 2015). I plan on travelling to more parks throughout Canada and the US in the years to come, hopefully expanding to Europe and eventually Asia. Along with enjoying amusement parks, I also enjoy reading and learning the history that is attached to them. I also enjoy searching for rides that have long gone from various parks, that is why I started up Amusement Ride Locator on Facebook earlier this year. I also really enjoy roller coasters and thrill rides especially roller coasters that were manufactured by Arrow Dynamics. That is all for now. I hope to have a wonderful time here on TPR!

Firstly, I am Coils_Park. I've known this site for quite a while, but I never really got to register.

You might be thinking why I have such a username, it's because I'm going to upload a work-in-progress mega park called 'Coils Park' (don't ask). So far, I'm doing it on various Minecraft worlds but mostly RCT3. I don't really go to theme/amusement parks that often.

You might not believe this, but I've only ridden around 18 or more coasters, isn't that sad?! I think I've ridden more, though.

My favourite roller coaster is a tie between Colossus (Thorpe Park), Goudurix and OzIris (Parc Asterix) and The Millennium (Fantasy Island).

My least favourite roller coaster is either Blizzard (extremely headbanging travelling coaster) and Thriller (headbanging travelling coaster).

I'm mostly going to stick around the games/models section as that's around 80% of the reason I made this account in the first place...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have been a silent viewer of Theme Park Review for around a year now, I am from Norwich in the United Kingdom. I have been visiting theme parks in the UK for 25 years and have always had a love for roller coasters.

I starting looking at this website after we booked our honeymoon to Florida, I knew I was going to be visiting some great theme parks and wanted to get an insight before we arrived. This site was by far the best one. I didn't stop at just looking at Florida theme parks, and found myself visiting this site over and over for the whole year.

We had such a great time in our 3 weeks that I thought about writing a review, then I thought why would local Americans be interested in what I had to say, so I didn't bother. Got some great photographs though and we had a wicked time at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, and Busch Gardens.

If any of you are ever thinking of visiting the UK for theme parks and need any advise please do let me know, and if I can help I will.

Are there any UK coasters in particular you guys would really like to ride? My favourite UK coaster is The Smiler at Alton Towers, although sadly its had a lot of bad press this year, and is currently closed as you know.

It would be good to hear from you all, and keep up the fantastic work on the site.

Shaun

Hi everyone! I'm Daniel, a coaster enthusiast in the Dayton, Ohio area. My main interest is classic wooden coasters.

While I realize that there's one in Europe, I'm still watching for a Thor themed roller coaster here in America. (A shame we don't have one yet, even after he's been featured in several big movies lately) Until then, I guess my avatar will have to serve. (a Thor coaster, get it? )

Below are some photos I took of a coaster we rode back in 2002, when they briefly reopened Americana Amusement Park. I'm not sure what ever happened to the Screechin' Eagle when they closed down the park.

A1.thumb.JPG.5aa753e264bdcea6a7edd6e5d57ac94d.JPG

Americana Amusement Park 2002 map

A2.thumb.JPG.b8b153764b49dc0a2465a435cc6dcfe5.JPG

Screechin Eagle wooden coaster

A3.thumb.JPG.ffbafec35a5f8f9d5e8ee5d596d362c2.JPG

A4.thumb.JPG.4ad3f12b69d6b901bcd83ed821e3ce46.JPG

A5.thumb.JPG.a88be9ec1c1c391b8f74c74be149c9db.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

My name is Quan. I joined the site in June 2015, but I have just now begun checking the site regularly. I currently live in Irvine California, which is a 30 minute drive from DLR, a 40 minute drive from KBF, a 70 minute drive from USH, and a 120 minute drive from SFMM. Although I have visited all of the So Cal parks many times and I have a pass to KBF, DLR, and SFMM, I have not been to any theme parks outside of So Cal besides WDW and DLP. I currently have a coaster count of 52. Some of my hobbies include playing Madden Mobile, watching NFL, NBA, and NCAAF games, and eating sushi.

Greetings!

My name is Ben Blom, i've been a 'lurker' for what i feel has to atleast 10 years now.

I'm from the Netherlands, and visited al the themeparks there.

BUT, this year, for the first time ever in my life, i will visit the US of A!

My dad and me are going on a roadtrip through the states, visiting a load of themeparks!

For me, being 25 years old, this is a dream come true! And i cant wait to go!

• 2 weeks later...

I am Pirate! When I typed this username, I was quite surprised by how nobody else has used this username.

As you can guess, I like pirates! From a forum game in the Random section, to even an RCT3 park themed to pirates, I am your source for pirate stuff.

My signature will include weekly 'Pirate jokes of the week' where I upload the cringiest and worst pirate jokes you could EVER think of.

I won't be the most active person in the world, though. I'll mainly focus on my pirate park which will update once a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I just saw this and I'd thought I would post.

I used to live near Astroworld until the demolition. I moved to St Louis (3 months after Texas Cyclone came down) where I discovered another Six Flags Park that happen to include Dungeon Drop from Astroworld!

I know a lot about SFSTL (and a little about Astroworld). I have a small collection of ancient Six Flags souvenirs, and more. I hope (scratch that. It WILL) TPR will be my instant source of upcoming attractions (and donkeys!!! )

Hi there!

My Name Is Scott I currently live in the Orlando area but will be moving back to NJ next week. I love to work at theme parks operating roller coasters! My Favorite type of coasters to operate is Intamin. And my favorite coaster I ever worked was El Toro.

Other then roller coasters I am a huge fan of the EDM world. I love to go to raves and my favorite DJ's are Flosstradamus and Yellow Claw! I am also a hockey fan. My favorite team is the New York Rangers!

Well I am excited to start meeting all of you and RIDE ON!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm Meint. I have been following this site for some time now and decided the make an account some days ago. I am from The Netherlands and of course, have visited theme parks in Northern en Western Europe but also in the U.S.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Hi, My name is Brandon

I'm 15 years old and I live about 1hr from CP. I followed this website for about 1 year before creating this account. I named this account ImOnABoat because:

1. The fourm i followed the most on this website was the CP fourm

and:

2. It was late at night (about 3 am) and i was listening to "I'm on a Boat" (don't ask why, idk)

It's nice to meet you all.