TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hey guys.

My name is Weylin and I have been a long time reader. I first started going to parks when my dad took me to Kings Island when I was 6 and i rode my first coaster. "Beastie"

Rob, I would jot expect you to remember the but I met you a few years back at a coasting for kids event at Cedar Point. Glad to be a part of the group.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

We are coaster junkies, we live in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. We love to goto Cedar Point. Have been going there for about 18 years now. We were first riders on the "Force" as we call it, also on "Gatekeeper", 20th year anniversary rides on "Magnum". We also went to Kings Island were first riders on "DiamondBack". We are grandparents of 4 boys, we have a new grandbaby on the way, will it be girl or another boy, we will wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

HI there,

Recently moved to MN, so Valleyfair is my new home park. Have yet to make the visit. The Wisconsin Dells is close too. Came from the east coast, so many of my coaster rides have come from there. I've always enjoyed roller coasters, and looking forward to being part of this community. Outside of this hobby I enjoy cars and beers.

Hello all. Glad too see some people I know here! I love the amount of activity on this site and I'm glad to be here! My home park is Six Flags Great Adventure, and I live about an hour away. Favorite coaster is Intimidator 305, coaster count is pretty low (44)

Hi everyone. I'm Karla and from SE PA. I'm dead center in between Hershey and Dorney. I've been going to Hershey for as long as I can remember and prefer it over Dorney. Comet was my first followed by the Sooper Dooper Looper the next year. I'll date myself and say those first rides happened back when Hershey had only those two and the Trailblazer for coasters and it was years before any other ones were added.

Currently, I'm a sucker for floorless and Fahrenheit.

I signed up here a few weeks ago, but I'm horribly shy and it takes me awhile to start posting. I actually came across these forums when I googled something like "go to theme parks alone" to see if I was the only one who does stuff like that. (I'm happy to see that I'm not.) I've traveled for work and planned weekends around parks. But Those times I had the "I'm in the area for work, I thought I'd ride some rides" excuse.

I've been to my 2 local parks alone, but never traveled for the sole purpose of going to a park solo. Which is something that I'm in the process of doing right now. The plan so far is a day at Kings Dominion and I'm debating throwing in a day at Busch Gardens since I'll be relatively close.

I'm going to stop right there, because I can go on and on. No one I know is that excited about amusement parks as I am, so it's really nice to find people that I can talk to about stuff like this.

Hello All!

My name is Billy. I have been on this site everyday since 2005 under the name "Billy" but can access those old email accounts to reactivate so I made a new name " BillyC123" to get back to the fun!

Fav park: BGT

Home Park: SFGADV

Fav Coasters: Kumba, Raptor, El Toro, Nitro, MF, Alpengeist...

Glad to be back! This site is awesome.

Hi! My name is Jyler! I used to be really active on Forums when I was in middle/high school. Now I'm 25 (almost 26) at looking for a new outlet for my theme park hobby that no one else seems to understand. I'm currently an AmeriCorps NCCC member, I travel around a lot - so my home park changes depending on my project.

I'm originally from Kentucky where I grew up going to Kentucky Kingdom, then SF Kentucky Kingdom #sideeye, Paramount's Kings Island and then just regular old Kings Island after that. I've been on 131 coasters to date with my favorites being Tatsu at SFMM, Sidewinder at Knott's (just recently rode this and it was incredibly unique) and Mystery Mine at Dollywood. I'm a sucker for a great dark ride, Arrow suspended's and being the friend that warns my friends not to ride that Vekoma head banger. They never listen.

Hey everyone, my name's David. I was born, raised, and live in Cincinnati, Ohio, right in King's Island's neighborhood. Even though I've made regular visits to KI my whole life, I'm just starting to become a roller coaster enthusiast as my geeky friends are introducing me to the community. My favorite coaster is Dragster, with Diamondback and Maverick tied for second (though KI's Vortex will always have a special place in my heart). In the not-too-distant future, I hope to hit up King's Dominion and Carrowinds. Also, I have at least 31 credits, but I need to double check as I may be forgetting a few. Outside of coasters, I'm a huge astronomy nut, I'm currently studying astrophysics in Cincinnati, and I like to play video games.

I'm excited to be a part of the forums, meet all you people, and explore this hobby!

hello.

my name is emily, and i'm from england. (i'd say the UK, but england if i'm being exact. lol)

i am a massive disney fan.

movies, disney songs, disney store, disney everything

i have been to euro disney in paris, and i've been to walt disney world in florida. (and universal, too!)

i have also been to theme parks that are local to me, so i've been to alton towers, thorpe park and chessington world of adventures

i also went to the one in spain, but it was ages ago i don't remember much about it. i remember ocean odesey, that's about it.

away from theme parks, i'm an avid reader (especially mystery and romance), a music lover and i'm absolutely crazy about the eurovision song contest. (which is tonight!)

thanks for having me here

em

irish casual,

how's this for being crazy about eurovision

in 2012, 2013, and 2014, i predicted the right winners.

shame that the entry i liked this year (serbia), didn't even come close.

oh well. everything ends i guess

I'm LiftThrill and I live in San Antonio, Texas. I'm not well traveled when it comes to roller coasters and amusement parks but I've been to Lagoon, DisneyWorld in Orlando and SFFT (which is my homepark).

I'm going to SFOT in less than a month (and I'm super hyped for that). Also going to go on an east coast trip next summer and go to SFGA, Cedar Point, Carowinds, and whatever else we run into on the East Coast.

hi! i'm vidoverig from the Netherlands! a small country in Europe

25 years old and i will know and see more about themeparks around the world. thats the reason why i register here.

since the last time i visit a theme park i make video's of it and place this on YouTube. mayby i can show you more about themeparks here in europe.

i say i come from the Netherlands here we speak dutch! i hope that you can understand me. When you can not say it to me and i try again

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster! I've been watching TPR POV videos for years, and have the complete set! My kids love them as well!

I've loved roller coasters my whole life, dating back to the mid 80's. My favorite coaster currently is Fury (I refuse to acknowledge the silly numbers), and my favorite woodie is The Voyage (barely, over El Toro). One of my bigger claims to fame is having ridden Drachen Fire at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and I actually really liked the ride! I've ridden over 200 coasters, but in recent years (for a while now actually) my ability to go on coaster trips has been dramatically lessened, due to having four kids over the past 11 years. Now, the oldest ones are starting to get into coasters themselves, so let the fun begin again!

I'm looking forward to continuing to lurk, and also getting into posting here and there, as situations dictate!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, name's Dan. Alton Towers is my home park (might as well be, not really been to Fantasy Island that much), and favourite coaster is a tie of The Smiler and Stealth. Been behind the scenes of both, along with a few other coasters, coaster count is over 70, with credits from Orlando, France, and UK. Some of you will already know me as being part of the Project Towers: NL2 team. I'm here to keep everyone updated on that, and get involved in some discussions too!

Hello, I'm starcastler from Massachusetts and I've ridden around 25 coasters. My favorite coaster is the original Six Flags New England Cyclone, which has been taken down. I wish that there were more wooden coasters. I purchased the original NoLimits program and am enjoying it.

What's up? I'm kcurry11 from the boring state of Wisconsin, right on the lakeshore, around Green Bay. Avid roller coaster enthusiast, DJ, athlete,and student. Attending UW-Madison in the fall for a Mechanical Engineering Degree, minor in Structural in hopes of one day designing amusement park rides and roller coasters!