TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hola.

So I'm Tasty Safeties, but to people in the real world I'm called Matt. I've followed this site for a few years now, but decided to finally register and try and become active.

So yeah, I like rollies. I've been on a few and always looking to ride more. I've also worked at a few parks in my time and have basically been in love with the industry every since I was young. Used to be pretty active on other forums, then college rolled around and I kinda quit with that, and now that I'm out of college and in big boy world I have some time to participate in the discussions.

So I guess I'll be seeing you around!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New member here.

First, I want to thank Robb and Alyssa for the awesome site. You guys have entertained me through a lot of deployments. TPR would always be the first site I checked when we had internet access, I will always be greatful for that.

I'll keep it short. I hope to be able to add some insight to discussions and try hard not to be the "newb".

The fam and I have season passes to Wild Adventures, I'll try to keep everyone posted on the progress there.

I can't wait to try out some awesome TPR trips!

Kris

Welcome to Theme Park Review. Being as we have a thread in our Random forum for new members to introduce themselves, I merged your thread with it.

I hope you have a great time with TPR.

Hello TPR!

My name is Allyson. I have been following this site for a few years and finally decided to jump in. I have always found coasters interesting but only got into riding coasters a few years ago, besides the Big Thunder at DL I had never been on a coaster (it took me until '02 to ride Space Mountain.) Screamin' was what I consider my first real coaster. Don't ask me what a B&M is though, I can't tell you.

Aside from coasters I enjoy Doctor Who, Role-Playing, doodling, PC games, architecture, stage designing (I have never been to a Halloween event but I do like to look at pictures to see the designs,) and Disney Theme Parks.

I have gone back to school after being out for a few years, I am currently in Community College hoping to transfer in a few years and get at least my Masters in Anthropology.

Hello ThemeParkReview, and all who inhabit it! I am TheCDBurner, but you all can call me TheCDBurner.

I've been browsing TPR for a few years now, but I hadn't thought of joining the forum until now. With all the new rides and parks coming into existence, I thought now would be a perfect time to join in! Hopefully we can all get along just fine. I'm sure I'll have fun here!

Hello all TPR members,

My name is Michelle Heesakkers. I am from Nuland in the Netherlands. The closest park to my village is De Efteling in Kaatsheuvel. It's one of my favourite parks. The park has 5 coasters. De Vliegende Hollander (Flying Dutchman), Vogelrok, Python, Joris En De Draak (Joris And The Dragon and The BOB. My favourite coaster is The Python.

I like coasters and theme parks very much. I usally visit the parks with my friend kai of with my family members.

I will be an active member on the TPR forum!

Hey Everyone!

My name is Daniel Carrell and I'm from Knoxville,Tennessee, or in our terms I'm from an hour from Dollywood. I've been coming to TPR's website for a while and have probably watched every one of their YouTube videos ever made.

I've always been interested in rollercoasters ever since I was around eight years old, but for years all I could do was dream, read books, and watch videos. Sure we live basically right at DW but it was always too pricey for us to venture there as a family. Finally I convinced my parents to let us go to charming Lake Winnie in Chattanooga where I rode my first steel and wood coasters: Wild Lightnin' and Cannonball. Of course now I was really hooked, so I drove them nuts the next spring to let us go to SFOG. I was too scared to get on Goliath (what??!?!?) and missed Mind Mender too, but overall had an awesome time (except Ninja: OW!) Finally I got my drivers license and a job so I was determined Dollywood would be next. This past spring I got season passes and went for the first time. Now I've been more times than I can count and have big plans for 2014.

One of my other main passions is photography (I'm going for a masters!) and so it's natural that I would want to blend the two. I've started a project who knows how long it's gonna take: take professional coaster shots at every major park over the next few years. I'm so excited to be joining TPR!

Hi I'm Ryan,

I live in upstate NY. It's pretty lame and not many theme parks close by. I'm sad to say that Six Flags Great Escape is my home park, but I prefer to go to other parks just because it's so tiny. I'm a high school student and am going to major in Architecture in college. My life time goal is to work with Disney or Universal some day, but I have a long time until then. I have been obsessed with roller coaster my entire life! I don't remember when it started but I just knew I loved them besides coasters, I enjoy drawing, HARRY POTTER (that's a biggie haha don't judge me), and hanging out with friends (typical teenage stuff ) I honestly don't know how many coasters I have been on but I have been to quite a few theme parks on the east coast of the USA. Umm so yeah that's me haha nice to be a part of a theme park community though. Not too many roller coaster geeks where I live (there are none...)

Hey everybody...

Ive been a lurker for a while but finally decided to join after finding the control panel enthusiasts thread. Lol. Anyway, the name is Seddy, im 28 and I live in Baltimore. Born and raised in Atlanta though and worked at Six Flags Over Georgia during the 2005 and 2006 seasons. (Best job hands down).

Ive always loved roller coasters and as a youth I used to always tell my momma I wanted to work at Six Flags. Well imagine how excited I was when I was actually able to call her and say 'Guess where I got hired?' My first ride was the GASM. Started as a black tag and got promoted to Assistant Foreman in August. So if you visited the park anytime in late 2005 you probably saw me standing behind the panel. Lol.

My favorite roller coaster is Deja Vu although its no longer there, only because I got to ride it like every day. I didnt take lunch breaks. Lol. I was (and still am) friends with the Foreman at that time and she let me operate the Vu for a few cycles. I felt like a kid in a candy store and it is something I'll never forget. Just some extra SFOG goodness... The Foreman at Deja Vu that year later turned out to be Goliaths First Foreman! And yes I was working the day Goliath opened. Yet another life changing event that I'll always remember.

My 2nd season started with me at Thunder River as the Asssistant Foreman so I liked that. It was definitely a different experience than a coaster since you get to fill the riverbed with water and watch it all drain out again after the park closed. Sitting at the lakes was always cool but I liked being up in the tower dispatching boats.

So yea.. im a good ol coaster junkie. I have a licensed copy of RCT3 on my laptop and I play from time to time but lately my laptop has been vamping out on me. I dont think she has long to live.

Im always watching Robs videos on Youtube btw. Love his sound effects and commentary. Lol. I have a Georgia Cyclone POV somewhere I should probably upload. The nearest park is Six Flags America and I havent been yet. 2013 was not a good year so im hoping 2014 is a complete 360. I also plan on visiting Great Adventure next season too, since im only a few hours away!!

Additionally, im currently unemployed but hopefully that changes soon. I love video games as well, and I currently have an Xbox 360. Hopefully I'll upgrade to the XB1 sometime next year. Im also 100% Team Android!

Anyway... im done rambling... let me jump in these forums and get my post count up! Lol

-Seddy

Hi.

I'm Chase, from Spokane, WA. I'm a high school student and Ride Op at Silverwood.

I haven't ridden that many coasters, but I've been to SFMM, with Gold Flash Passes, so I've been on almost everything there.

Oh, and you probably know this already, but I know no more than the dippin' dots guy. And if I did, I wouldn't tell you lot anyways.

Hi, I'm Alex and I'm from Wales, but currently living in Mallorca, Spain. I've been a long time lurker in the site and forums and just recently decided to sign up.

I've been interested in coaster for the most of my life after growing up playing a ton of Roller Coaster Tycoon, but I really started getting more into it around about 2004/2005 when I started reading up things about coasters online. The closest thing to a home park I've got is Portaventura which is about a 30 minute flight away on the peninsula.

Aside from coaster, I also enjoy Gaming, working, sleeping and pretty much anything music related (playing instruments, listening to music, festivals, ...).

I hope to get to know all of you, have a great time doing so.

Hi guys

I'm Luis. Some of you might know me from other forums under the same username I use here. Though I've been interested in roller coasters for as long as I can remember, I have an incredibly low coaster count right now. (I think it's somewhere around 6 or something, hahaha ) Yes, I know, lame. But I have ridden T Express, that has to count for something, right?

I've been a lurker here for quite a long time, but today I decided to start posting in the forums a bit. So hi, I hope I'll enjoy posting here a lot!

Hello to everyone.

I'm Frank Kohnert and live in North Germany. My home park is Hansa Park. I have also worked two years in the park.

I'm still in touch with the park manager and may involved in planning for projects like "Curse of Novgorod",

"Snake of Midgard" and current "Kärnan" (for the 2015) season.

http://www.kataplektor.de/en/building-blog/project-participants/frank-kohnert-friend-and-former-employee-of-the-company/

I love Themeparks all over the world and my favourites are Efteling, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Tripsdrill, Magic Mountain and Liseberg.

I hope to have many great contacts with other themepark enthusiasts.

Greetz and happy christmas everyone. Frank

Hello,

I am Daniel. I live in Baltimore, Maryland in the USA. My home park is Six Flags America, though if I prefer to take the extra time to drive to Kings Dominion or HersheyPark since they have better coasters.

I am a senior in college majoring in Environmental Studies.

I ride everything but standup coasters.

I don't know what else to say, so I will end this post here.

I'm Ryan, I'm fifteen, and I live in the boring little state known as Connecticut.

I've been to Cedar Point, Six Flags New England, lake Compounce, Kennywood, and Hersheypark. I've ridden 33 roller coasters.

My favorites are Boulder Dash, SFNE Bizarro, and Millenium Force.

And I'm also a big fan of movies......so......yeah.

Hi, I'm Edd. I've been a user of TPR for a long time and finally decided to register an account on the forum!

I don't visit parks as much as I would like to as I am at Uni but maybe eventually... That said, I have been to every single Disneyland in the world!

See you all around.

Hello all my name is Josh, I'm from Cleveland, OH

My home park is Cedar Point and I also like to claim Kings Island since I regularly visit there too. I've been on about 40 roller coasters at the moment and in summer 2014 I plan to almost double that number.

• 2 weeks later...