TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! I'm not exactly new here, I've been lurking the reviews and updates and just enjoy the news of upcoming rides, attractions and events of various theme parks. I finally decided to join the TPR craze after the news about an upcoming Theme Park Simulator game. So now here I am posting a little bit about myself.

So let's see where to begin, well I live in the L.A County and Six Flags Magic Mountain is my home park, aside from Universals Studios or Disneyland. Speaking of which, I'm a big Disney parks fan and hope to go to all resorts during my lifetime .

I've been on a few coasters from the parks I've listed above, plus a few out of state and country. maybe between 20-25

I hope to animate/model for a living but for now I'm fresh out of college hoping to get a job in the industry. For now I'm improving my skills so hopefully I'll be good enough to work with one of the big companies!

I don't have any "dingly-dangly's" on my phone

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody, I just joined this site today! I've been an avid amusement park and coaster fan for many years. I went on a lot of coasters when I was younger, but because of a recent heart problem, I no longer can ride on them. But I still love to watch coasters and, of course, build them on my computer game RCT3. I cannot wait until the new Theme Park Studio game arrives in 2013, the graphics look awesome, and I like the fact that you can make your own stations, and supports. I look forward to talking to the rest of you about coasters and parks!

Hello!

I suppose I'm not technically "new", I joined almost 8 years ago... (WHAT?!), but I haven't posted in a few years and thought I'd get more involved in the goings on of theme parks. So much has changed that I have to catch up on!

Also feeling a little old since my involvement with TPR (or the lack thereof) can be measured on an order of YEARS. wow.

Hello everyone!

I am Alex from Barcelona. I'm 14 and I rode 22 coasters from Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studios, Parque Warner Madrid, Tibidabo and PortAventura.

I love to go to USA and visit the most important parks in the country - Disney , Universal, Six Flags, Cedar Point, etc.

Hello I'm Willem Nijhoff, I heard a lot of Themeparkreview so I make an account on this forum

Date of birth: 17-10-1997

Hobby's: Rollercoasters - Waterslides.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/willem.nijhoff

Top 5 Rollercoasters:

1. OzIris

2. Tonnerre de Zeus

3. Goliath

4. Blackmamba

5. Piraten / Troy ( i can't make a choise about Piraten and Troy )

Top 5 Parks:

1. Phantasialand.

2. Tivoli Friheden

3. Walibi Holland

4. Bobbejaanland

5. Parc Asterix

I've ridden 123 coasters and they were all awesome xD

I'm not going to post a lot here because my english sucks xD

I'm going to make a lot of TR's of the Efteling because i'm going a lot to the Efteling

Hello, longtime reader but first time posting. I've followed TPR on Twitter and Facebook and decided to register for the board. I actually won a Facebook contest and decided to just register. I've gone to a TPR Haunt event a couple years ago and everyone seemed nice but registering slipped my mind at the time. Hope to get to know some people here and maybe make it on a trip or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

I'm Matt, and I'm from Maryland. My local park is Six Flags America, and (thanks to alilstronger\Bobby on here) have been to two other parks - Six Flags Great Adventure, and Hershey Park. I have ridden every single coaster at those parks, which Bobby will quickly point out was only after near-incessant protests from me.

As far as interesting stuff about myself, I'm a little bit of a Doctor Who fanboy (even modified my name badge to reverse to say "The Librarian" instead of my name upon a whim) and I kiiiiiiiiiiind of have a deep-seated obsession with the Green Lantern comic books. :3

Hi my name is Trent and I've only been a spectator until now. My favorite part of TPR is the pics, construction updates, and the trip reports. You cannot find so much from most other websites.

However, the one thing I am confused about is whether this is mostly a SFMM website? I know TPR covers theme parks around the world but there seems to be a major focus on Magic Mountain and Im not sure why unless it's the main park of this website. I notice that there are far more posts in that thread and most comments are typical mumbo jumbo with nothing new to report on. I would understand if it was the most amazing park in the world but in my experiences, it isn't even close to being the best SF park. It is big and has lost of coasters, although most new ones seem to be nothing great, but the overall experience is mediocre. Lack of family attractions, flats, and kinda thugish at times are just a few contributors to this. With this being said, it seems many people here including moderators seem to be pushing MM as this wonderful place, while down-playing others. It's a shame other parks don't get the same kind of love from SF as MM gets. I wish TPR would push for this as it does seem to even a little influence, even if very little.

Anyway, I can't express how grateful I am for all that TPR offers. It can be quite addicting at times!!!

I just wish it wasn't so SFMM focused!

Nice to be part of the TPR family:)

Hi my name is Trent and I've only been a spectator until now. My favorite part of TPR is the pics, construction updates, and the trip reports. You cannot find so much from most other websites.

However, the one thing I am confused about is whether this is mostly a SFMM website? I know TPR covers theme parks around the world but there seems to be a major focus on Magic Mountain and Im not sure why unless it's the main park of this website. I notice that there are far more posts in that thread and most comments are typical mumbo jumbo with nothing new to report on. I would understand if it was the most amazing park in the world but in my experiences, it isn't even close to being the best SF park. It is big and has lost of coasters, although most new ones seem to be nothing great, but the overall experience is mediocre. Lack of family attractions, flats, and kinda thugish at times are just a few contributors to this. With this being said, it seems many people here including moderators seem to be pushing MM as this wonderful place, while down-playing others. It's a shame other parks don't get the same kind of love from SF as MM gets. I wish TPR would push for this as it does seem to even a little influence, even if very little.

Anyway, I can't express how grateful I am for all that TPR offers. It can be quite addicting at times!!!

I just wish it wasn't so SFMM focused!

Nice to be part of the TPR family:)

We're not giving love to the park, we're straight out bashing it. All those factors you listed are the reasons why we bash it so much. Trust me, not many people here think this is the best park ever, we just love making fun of Magic Mountain and YOLOcoaster.

I might have done an introduction at one point, but I'm sure that was long ago. I'm Alfred. Yes, like Batman's butler. I've been a member here since 05. Wow, has it really been that long? Yeah, quite a while. I was just out of high school, as you can tell with the ridiculous cap lock/non-cap lock username. It's quite the pet-peeve of mine now. Anyway, I've been to a number of TPR events, I just never got in to posting around here. Recently, I figured I would start. There's nothing like going to an event and actually knowing people before hand.

I am 26 years old now. I recently (two years ago) moved from Southern California to Tulsa, Oklahoma. As random as the move sounds, I had good purpose behind it. After college, I decided that I completed a major that would no longer interest me for the rest of my life. I moved out to Oklahoma to peruse a career in aviation. As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a pilot now. It's an amazing experience every time. I am currently working on the rest of my ratings to be a commercial airline pilot over at Oklahoma State University, GO COWBOYS!

Living in the part of the country does have its perks. I've been able to visit, and plan on visiting, most of the parks in this area. SFOT, SFFT, Silver Dollar City, SFStL, and perhaps some parks over in Illinois. I love to travel. I guess this has been long enough. Good to meet you all!

Hello! I'm Chris.

Been a member here since June 14th 2012 aka the day I was bored waiting in line for DCA's grand re-opening.

Been a coaster fan all my life. Also been a bay area guy all my life. Started my obsession back when CGA and SFDK were MGA and MWAUSA. Dad managed to sneak me on Tidal Wave when I was 3/4ish and it was all (lolpun) downhill from there. Started following the industry and behind-the-scenes stuff when Stealth was under construction in 1999. You gotta imagine the confusion seeing that being built and not having an understanding of what would come to be known as the "flying position". That, along with Goliath at SFMM, were the first two coasters that I ever really watched the whole construction process for, and I was definitely hooked.

My credit list is pretty sad right now. Every coaster in California + Cedar Point as of 2007 (Long distance relationships are SO worth it if the dude lives next to CP) and Six Flags Great America as of 2008 (Went to see my favorite band play ACEN at the Chicago convention center). Hoping to get out to to the Tokyo Disney parks if my job sends me out to the Tokyo Gaming Show this year.

Been a Disney guy now as well going on 28 years (+the times I went there in the womb). Went and did the SFMM/Universal/Knotts/Disney trips yearly with my parents, and started driving down on my own once I turned 18. Annual Passholder now, so on average I go anywhere from 6-12 times a year. Went to the premieres of Tower, World of Color, and Cars Land.

Love Fantasia/Fantasmic so much I decided to get something that'll always remind me how great they are..

66678_459944867480_567160_n.jpg

Currently the only Disney tattoo I have (Others are Scott Pilgrim, Regular Show, and the cover to the first Halcali single), but I'm planning on extending it into a Fantasia sleeve.

As for what I do outside of theme parks.. I'm a QA Test Lead for a Game Testing/Localization/Focus Group company that works with 1st and 3rd party video game companies that have too much on their plate and need to outsource part of the QA for projects. It's a fun job, but it's definitely caused me to play WAY less games on my spare time. I mostly just stick to No Limits/WoW/Reflec Beat/Jubeat nowadays.

Speaking of music games, that would be yet another one of my many obsessions. My music game resume...

Parappa: 1996 - Forever <3

DDR: 1998 - 2003

Beatmania: 1998 - 2004

IIDX: 2001 - Ongoing

Pop'n Music: 1999 - Ongoing

Drummania: 2001-2012

Guitar Freaks: 1999-2000

Drummania XG: 2010 - Ongoing

Guitar Freaks XG: 2010 - Ongoing

Jubeat: 2010 - Ongoing

Reflec Beat: 2011 - Ongoing

Any other music gamers on the forums? Would love to get some JB/RB score battles going!

Anyway yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you all!