TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hello, everyone! I'm new to TPR, but I've known of the site for a few years now and enjoyed the reviews.

My name is Nora, and I haven't been on a lot of rides or been in a lot of parks (Pretty much only Disneyland, CA ). But I plan to change that eventually.

I look forward to meeting you all!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I have been a member for a while but haven't had the nerve to post until recently. I'm a little on the shy side.

Not sure what else to say. My home park is Hersheypark and I can't wait for them to open their new coaster next year! I am a Disney fanatic at heart and have been to WDW somewhere around 20 times. I am mom to 3 kiddos and step-mom to 4. Life is crazy! In addition I am working hard on my PhD in organic chemistry.

I hope to be able to meet new people who share my crazy enthusiasm for thrill seeking

Hey everyone, Leo here, though everyone calls me Stitch. And although I'm sure that nickname conjures images of a cute fluffy blue Disney alien, I've had that nickname long before he decided to rear his head and make me the butt of many a bad joke. That being said, I do have a bit of a soft spot for him

I stumbled across TPR a few months ago while doing some reading on what the great state of California has to offer in terms of theme parks, having just relocated here to San Diego from the east coast. After reading just about every trip report I could find, I decided to take the plunge and join like minded theme park fans. I've been a huge theme park fan as long as I can remember, and have been to more parks then I can count, though they include all the US Disney parks, Universal Orlando and IOA, both Busch Garden parks, Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Canobie Lake to name a few.

And that was my noob rant. I hope it wasn't too painful for you Hope to see you all around!

Wow - that's quite a brood. Are you going for the Dr. Carol Brady award?? Welcome aboard, glad to have ya'. Do any of the kiddo's share your theme park love?

Yes, all of my kiddos are coaster enthusiasts as well, much to my husband's chagrin. My oldest stepson would like nothing more than to become an engineer so he can get into designing rides. We start them young in my family, my 9 year old has around 20 credits already and his first credit was at 3 years old. My 18 month old will ride anything in the park she can but she really likes the turnpike cars at Hersheypark.

To the family who posted their pictures at Busch Gardens (Tampa, Florida) in 2005: Thank you for posting them. Hope you don't mind, but I had to copy most of them to my computer!@ Busch Gardens is my favorite park and has been since the 1980s. Again, thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

My name is Billy, I used to post as "Billy" but my account and email are gone so I made a new one - hence the "2" . I didnt post much in the past but now plan on posting some more! I've been hooked on this site for years and love it.

B&M>Intamin

Hi! Name's Mike and I'm a college student living in Boston. Originally from California, I frequented Six Flags Magic Mountain and now I've got Bizarro a two hour drive away (oh... and Six Flags New England too...).

I've been a reader for almost a year now, and considering my own love for roller coasters I figured it was about time I joined!

Hello everyone! My name is Matt. I'm 21 & I have been riding roller coasters for sometime now. I have ridden coasters all over the country on family vacations. I have been on 305 different roller coasters. I believe you call them credits on this site from the browsing I have done. Interesting! I have always been a roller coaster fan & came acrossed this site on Youtube watching an awesome video of the Comet at the Great Escape which is one of my Favorite roller coasters! I was interested in the videos so I decided to check this site out & here I am! I did the Disney World internship in 2010 & got to work on Tower of Terror which was quite an experience! My favorite steel coaster is Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion & my favorite wooden coaster is Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce. My home park is Dorney Park & I visit it quite often. I'm looking forward to being part of this roller coaster community!

Hello Coasterfreaks!!! My name is Austin and I am 12 years old, I know I'm a little young, but I know more about roller coasters than anything else! I have been riding roller coasters since I was 2, and I have loved them ever since! My home park is Kings Dominion, which is home to my favorite steel roller coaster, Intimidator 305. My favorite park to go to is Six Flags Great Adventure, which is home to my overall favorite roller coaster, El Toro!

Hi!

My name is Frido, I'm from Germany and after having been a silent reader for a long time, I finally decided to join the forum.

Until now I have ridden 56 coasters, mostly in Germany, but last year I also went to Walygator Parc to check out Monster. My home park is Holiday Park, so I can go and ride the best steel coaster in the wold multiple times a year

I'm also quite talented at building coasters in No Limits, so maybe I will take part in some Game Exchange contest sometime.

Yesterday I visited Freizeitpark Plohn to check out El Toro (the German Version). Maybe I will post a TR later today.

I'm looking forward to having lots of fun on this site!

I've never introduced myself here on TPR, so I guess I will do it.

I am thrilled this is my 1st, i mean 202nd post on TPR. For seriousness: I live near San Jose, California in a place where the only thing to do is go to CGA. You can think of me as being obsessed with Great America as I had a season pass there this year, 2010, and 2008 and each year I go to CGA over 30 times. I have been there since I was 11 months old and it was one of my first of probably my first amusement park. My first roller coaster was Rugrat's Runaway Reptar (now Woodstock's Express) in CGA where I had a horrible experience on it and I never went on coasters until 2009. After having a great experience on the Jaguar! in Knott's Berry Farm last year, I wanted to go on the large coasters in CGA. Logically, I got the season pass and slowly crawled up from the Grizzly to Demon to Vortex and finally to Flight Deck (Top Gun) which continues to this day be my favorite coaster. My last coaster credit to this day is still Invertigo as I went on it the day it opened, it is my 16th credit and it seems as though I won't classify as a roller coaster enthusiast. That is true that I'm not a roller coaster enthusiast but more a park enthusiast, by instead of getting credits on all the coasters, getting as many ride credits as possible. I have been to Disney World 3 times and Epcot id my favorite ride along with Test Track as my favorite ride. I am hoping to stay on this website more and try to make this website a better place. If you don't know, I like to put some sarcasm in my posts to make the website more fun (don't worry I put smilies in areas of sarcasm). As they say in Marriott's Great America, have a great day! (No I didn't go to CGA during the Marriott days, sheesh I'm not that old )

Feel like a complete noob doing this...

But hi! I've been stalking this site for years, and I find myself looking through the photos from the trips in the early hours of the morning before I have to get up for class...weird obsession, but it keeps me entertained!

I just read through the Australia Trip Report and I was so bummed to hear that most of my favourite rides have closed down at DreamWorld and SeaWorld (given, I haven't been to either since about 2003 when I was 12!). Thank God they updated the Corkscrew at Seaworld though, that was my very first coaster and I was pushed into going on it by my friends, and oh my God....my ears were rattling afterwards! Such a rough ride! And the Bermuda Triangle was amazing, if not really scary (and extremely hot) due to the real fire. Ah well!

Anyway, I have nothing else interesting to say so here is a photo of Michael Jackson and John Landis riding a coaster which I'm ashamed to say I don't know which one it is:

(Looks like a woodie?)

Hi! I'm SuperTkdkid. I build Model Roller Coasters. My home park is Kings Island. I'm greatly looking forward to a new coaster at Kings Island. Windseeker was alright, but I didn't feel much of a rush with it..... Dinosaurs alive didnt look like (to me) something worth for me to spend my cash on.

If anyone is interested in my model coasters leme know and I'll give ya a link (most likely to youtube). I am currently making a flyer and I am planning a special woody next.

Since I've been posting here and there for the last couple of months I thought I'd officially introduce myself. The first coaster I ever rode was Space Mountain at WDW the year after it opened, but unfortunately it scared me half to death (I was 6, and I could have swore that thing had several inversions back then!) and I avoided coasters like the plague for the next 21 years of my life. So I had missed out on a lot of coasters in my teen and young adult years until someone dragged me on a coaster when I was 27 (actually that's not entirely accurate, my cousin dared me to ride Rebel Yell with him when we were about 13 and I felt compelled to go so I wouldn't look like a chicken even though I ended up white-knuckling it all the way) and from then on I was hooked.

I'd like to share this picture I took of Goliath at SFMM back when it was my home park and I worked for a company that was hired to refurbish the fiberglass part of the trains. I had been working there for a couple of days with a co-worker and had brought my camera (an old SLR that uses film; makes me feel so old!) to take pictures of the coaster and the work we were doing and one day the Discovery Channel was there doing some shooting (the park was closed to the public as it was during the week in winter) and they needed as many employees as they could round up to fill a train. So naturally I volunteered, and luckily it was right during my lunch break so I didn't have to worry about goofing off on the job. I then asked a few of the park employees if I could take my camera on the ride with me and they said yes, so I got this (and some others) rare legit shot from the front seat:896372952_goliathatsfmm.jpg.df6a10280437fc19dfbe30bf60523f42.jpg

Goliath at SFMM

Now I've moved again and my home parks are SFA, KD and Hershey (all within about 2.5 hrs from where I live), so I've had the opportunity to do most of the west coast parks and many of those here on the east coast.

Hi...My name is Kim and I'm a coaster addict.

My love of coasters and theme parks started when I was a kid growing up in Ohio. I spent my summers at Cedar Point, Geauga Lake (when it was an amusement park) and King's Island. Now I live in SoCal and SFMM is my main go-to park.