TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody. I'm LakeCharlesGuy. I used to be pretty active on a couple of other coaster/park sites, but over the past two years or so my interest in roller coasters/theme parks died. I'm starting to get interested again though. I'm 17, I live in Fredericksburg, VA, and I've ridden something in the neighborhood of 165 coasters. The only park I've been to this year is Kings Dominion, but I am going to Kings Island (my third favorite park!) next week! I used to go to 5-6 parks a season, but last year I only went to KD, KI, and SFA, and this year it looks like that will the same story again. There is a slight chance I MIGHT get down to BGW at some point this summer.

My favorite parks are Cedar Point (went in 2008 for two days), Six Flags Great America (I've been here about 10-12 times due to having family in the area), and Kings Island (been about 15-20 times due to family in the area). I used to be really into Kings Dominion, I was a HARDCORE fanboy, but then I realized the park wasn't really that good. A lot of people can't stand my views regarding the park, KDFansite hates me, but screw them. This seems like a pretty good forum. As far as coasters, my favorites are Top Thrill Dragster, Diamondback, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Beast, Superman Ride of Steel, Raging Bull, and Millennium Force. I really like B&M hypers, B&M inverts, and I have a soft spot for PTC wooden coasters. I guess that's it, hope to enjoy myself on here.

Hey everyone,

Im the awesome PovPiggy. I got the name for my love of POV's! I live in Maryland. My closest parks are Six Flags America, Hershey, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Europe and Dorney Park. My favorite parks are Six Flags America(its a good park), Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Six Flags Great Adventure, Busch Gardens Europe, Universal, and Seabreeze. My favorite coasters are Superman:Ride of Steel, Top Thrill Dragster, Batwing, Volcano, Nitro, El Toro and Mean Streak just kidding. I will be a very enjoyable member!

Hello everyone! My name is Jake McDaniel AKA "Nyteowl". I'm 16 years old, I live in Murrieta,California, which is a suburb about an hour and a half south of L.A. I've been in love with roller coasters practically since I was born. My mom worked at Knott's Berry Farm long before I was born, but no longer does sadly, but it did spark my love for roller coasters ever since . I love traveling and hope someday I will be able to attend one of TPR's trips. I also hope to become an engineer and design rollercoasters as my career. It has been my life-long dream and I have never had second thoughts about it . My favorite park would probably be CP, but since I live so far away it's rare that I get a chance to go. In terms of local parks SFMM would be my absolute favorite. My favorite type of coaster would probably be stand up like Riddler's Revenge. In terms of things I like to do outside of theme parks, I play the trombone in my schools marching/concert band. I love going to the beach, snowboarding, and wake boarding. I also love to play video games and just hang out with friends in general. I'm glad to be a part of Club TPR and hope to get to know lots of new people very soon .

Hey, I'm new here! Just signed up, this is my first post, so......

My name is Hannah and I'm a girl (pretty sure you could have guess that). I live in the UK and I'm 16 (just finished/finishing high school).

I've got, ready for this: Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube channel, Tumblr, FormSpring, MSN messenger and Skype accounts and clearly NO life too. I think this was established in the past couple of years

I am also massively obsessed/in love with a band called: No Doubt (with Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal, Tom Dumont and Adrian Young) and I'm very active on their forum. My top 3 favourtie bands are: No Doubt, Sublime and Bush.

I'm not to good at spelling, so sorry for my typos

I can't remember how I came across TPR, but it was fairly recent on YouTube and I just feel in love with the videos! Some are the msot funniest things ever! I think I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie too. My first proper roller coaster was a 7 looper in France with the school and I had a huge adrenaline rush and has forever loved the 'big' crazy rides! Also, the more 'scarier' a ride looks, the bigger adrenaline rush I seem to get (oh and a adrenaline rush also means I love the ride too!)

That's about it really!

Hey TPR!

My name is Nick, I'm 20 years old and I live in Maryland. I've been to 13 amusement parks and I've ridden 81 coasters. I'm a mechanical engineering student at the University of Maryland, College Park. Other than my passion for rollercoaster and the amusement industry, I enjoy running, creative writing, drumming, and making midnight runs to Taco Bell with my friends.

Anyway, I've been lurking around TPR for years and it's never really occurred to me as to why I've never posted until now. Well, now I am and I just want to say hi to everyone!

Just to let everyone know:

1. I will be posting a PTR of SFA within a few days. I went last Saturday, but in between work and life, I finally had time to organize photos and add captions. Hope you all enjoy!

2. I will be attending East Coast Bash at Hersheypark! I can't wait to meet some of you there and finally experience my first TPR event. I know it's going to be a blast!

Lastly, I want to thank Robb and Elissa Alvey for their years of commitment to TPR and making the greatest community around for rollercoaster and amusement park lovers everywhere!

Hi my name is Andrew and I've been reading many different TRs on TPR over the past couple of months and have been on lurking on TPR once in awhile before that over the last few years. I've searched different theme park/coaster websites on the web and yours is BY FAR THE BEST. Not is your site informative, but is very humorous as well. All your TRs make me fell like I am sort of there and I would like to become part of the TPR family and eventually go on TPR trips (2012 hopefully).

I live in the San Luis Obispo area of CA in this town called Atascadero (pop 28,000). If you've driven the US 101 from LA to the Bay Area you've driven through my town (our most famous tourist attraction is an In-N-Out Burger). I grew up here (since I was 7) and went to college here (Cuesta College then Cal Poly SLO) majoring in Business (International Business and Marketing). I worked at a winery in Paso Robles for five years and now am looking for a new job. I may consider moving to the LA area or Bay Area since decent paying jobs here are lacking.

I try to get to a good theme/amusement park at least a couple times a year. Six Flags Magic Mountain is about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive from me and I consider it my home park. Its the park I've been to the most in recent years. Disneyland would be my other home park as it is the park I've been to the most in my life (I was born in Santa Ana and lived in Irvine until I was 7). I've even been to Disneyland before I was born Disneyland is about a 4 hour drive from me. Other parks I've been to in CA are Knott's Berry Farm (4 hr drive), Disney California Adventure (4 hr), Universal Studios Hollywood (3.5 hr), Sea World San Diego (6 hr), Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (2.5 hr - its the closest to me but I don't go very often as I'd rather spend an extra hour getting to SFMM), California's Great America (3 hr), and Six Flags Marine World (4 hr - that's what Discovery Kingdom was called last time I was there). Outside of CA I have been to the Roller Coaster at NYNY and the current Stratosphere rides in Las Vegas; and Port Aventura, Tibidabo, and Parc d'Atraccions Monjuic (closed down in 1998) in Spain (I have relatives in the Barcelona area and visit every few years). I guess Port Aventura would be my home park away from home as I visit it every time I'm in Spain (been to PA 4 times) and its my favorite park I've been to after Disneyland and SFMM.

Hello everybody, i'm Lorenzo and i'm from Italy. In first place, i would to apologize for my bad english, i hope you'll forgive me for that. I'm 22 yo and i'm attending at University of Ferrara, to become an architect; i followed your forum for a long time and i found it extremly intresting and funny! I was interessed about theme park since i was a child and i hope, with my future profession to get involved in their design and, maybe to work in this action field. I know that i will have a good time here and i'll find many good people to share our interess! Again, sorry for my english, and that's all for now! See ya around folks, bye!

Greetings to everyone! My name is Atte and I live in Porvoo, Finland, about half an hour drive from Helsinki to east. I have only recently started to ride more thrilling rides such as Skyloop or HUSS Booster. Number of coasters I've rode is only 12, but I have visited only about 5 theme parks in my life, such as Särkänniemi, Ocean Park Hong Kong and SFNE. My homepark is Linnanmäki.

I usually spend my time playing video games, usually a Sonic game, but I also enjoy Mega Man and Pokemon games, not to mention NHL Slapshot.

I first found TPR when I was surfing in YouTube and I was looking for videos about Särkänniemi, which was the first TPR video I ever saw. About a year later I discovered TPR's channel and website, leading to me writing this post.

As Forrest Gump would say: "That's all I got to say about that."

Hello fellow TPR'ers,

My name is Anthony J Skitt, im a 23 yo coaster addict. Ive been to all the great parks in the UK and in september am lucky enough to be on a 3-week holiday to Florida, where i hope to take in the best Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens has to offer.

My park of choice (for now) is Alton Towers, living only miles from the popular theme park.

Current favourite coaster is Stealth at Thorpe Park, fastest propultion ive experienced and tallest coaster ive riden... people expect me to be blown away by their faves including The Incredible Hulk and Sheikra.

Im at work at the moment, on one of my "net-breaks"... i work at a financial services as a print management programmer. It sounds interesting, because it is. Keeps me happy.

Thats me in a nutshell, must go and look busy now.

Bye for now!

AJ.

Hello my name is Hayden Cole-Rajotte and I live in London. My nearest theme parks are Thorpe park and Chessington and I am grateful for this. My first major roller coaster was Nemesis. This awesome roller coaster is important to me as it pulled me out of my fear of big-scary rides. (A fear gained when I was about 6 yrs old while riding the Dragons Apprentice at Legoland Windsor. In addition to this I have Mild High-Functioning Autism, which is a ride restriction at Sega Joypolis (I bet you wont notice it) and I was born on Christmas Day. My local council conveniently funds me for leisure activities which allows me to go to theme parks more then I normally would. However funding for this ends in September. And dont ask me for the privileges of the disabled at theme parks, (mainly Que skipping) because you wont get it! (Actually, I am not bothered to put up with the hassle of arranging it.)

Hello everyone, my name is Dean and I am a new member of the tpr forum. I have been reading the forums for a couple of years now and I've finally decided to start my own account. I live in Chapel Hill, NC and my home parks are Carowinds and Kings Dominion. I have ridden somewhere around 150 coasters, and I have been to SFMM, Cedar Point, Kings Island, BGT and BGW, amongst others. My favorite steel roller coaster is Millennium Force, and my favorite wood coaster is Thunderhead. I am currently a senior at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and will be graduating in the fall with a degree in Business Administration. I would also like to personally say hello to Robb and Elissa; and to complement them on having the premier roller coaster site on the net.

HI All,

My name is Ben Harper I'm soon to be 24 (next month) living in Phoenix AZ. I was born and raised just outside of Detroit MI so I grew up going to CP every summer. Throughout middle school and high school I was BIG into coasters. Every family trip was planned around my obsession to ride the newest, biggest, baddest coaster of the year. I managed to make my way through only 11 different parks but racked up approximately 70 credits. I'm on a mission to up that number as much as possible. But after I graduated High School I needed to find a means of supporting myself here in Phoenix and lost touch with the coaster world for a while. After planning a trip to SFMM with my girlfriend (this coming July 15-18), I've dove head first back into my obsession and it may be worse than ever. I really enjoy this site and all of the information and entertainment it provides and can't wait to start joining in some of the conversations/debates/games/etc. I enjoy seeing the TR's and seeing how much fun everybody has and hopefully I'll be able to join on a few trips in the future.

Thanks for listening to me babble

Harper

I'm Kelsey from Texas!

SFOT is my home park. I don't know how many coasters I've ridden, but not many since I don't get out of state much.

Other than following coasters I spend my time in model horse forums.

I've lurked here awhile, but never really felt like posting much until now.

Ello TPR, I was on this site probably in 2006, But not for very long. I joined coasterforce last year, but felt its just a wee bit cocky for the credit they deserve (except Jerry) and the sheer fact that TPR actually gets filming permission is impressive, but im not here to start a CF v TPR war, I'm just tired of arrogant people from England telling me Nemesis is better than Afterburn when they have never been to the United States (Given Nemesis probably is better).

But Hi there everyone

Hey everybody! I discovered TPR about, 6ish years ago, when I was a Teachers Assistant in 6th grade. The teacher was so laid back that I seriously did nothing except browse this site...my first introduction was a trip to Nara Dreamland (damn, sad it closed XD)

I'm not really sure why I haven't signed up until now, well, whatever, never too late to join the party.

~ Grant

Hi Everyone!

I'm Lindsay. I come from a Coaster Crazy Family. Took trips all the time with my parents when I was a kid. I'm originally from Kansas City, moved to a very nice neighborhood just outside of Arlington, Texas after college. I'm an architect by day, Coaster Nut by weekend!

I love the new Texas Giant! I go to SFOT quite often - I have been on over 175 coasters. I'm nearing the 200 count and should get there next season!

Favorite Wood: Beast

Favorite Steel: Texas Giant

I hate the cowboys, love the Chiefs - Laugh now while you still can.

I'm not a Rangers fan either. You guessed it - Royals. I'm going to the 2012 All Star Game with the family!

Hi everyone my name is Andrew and I'm from Scotland in the united kingdom. Think i was looking for some info on Nara Dreamland which led me to find out about TRP and been watching TRP POV videos on youtube for a while now.

Never actually been to a proper theme park/water park or rode on any coaster (Flat rides are the most i've been on before) but have been interested in theme parks ever since i started playing the original Theme Park game (when i was a kid)that came out way back in 94 and various others. I do plan to visit Alton Towers or Thorpe park at some point.

Currently i'm into old as well as abandoned parks and i'm keeping my eyes on the potential re-development of the old Lake Dolores/Rock-a-Hoola/Discovery water park which may be turning into Oasis Theme Park. Sure i might never visit it but it's great to see an old abandoned park being rebuilt as a new park

Oasis plans involve White Water West rebuilding the Rock-a-Hoola slides (Big Bopper, Greased Lightning, etc,.), and contracting Allen Engineering to get an overpass and freeway off ramps to the park installed. The Oasis team also expects to expand on the park with an outdoor arena on the unused portion of the property for motor sports events and live concerts that will rock the Mojave.

Hey everyone my name is Noob aka Lt.No0b (note the second o is a zero).

I am currently attending college in Florida going for my degree in mechanical engineering. I am going to use that degree to go into designing amusement park rides.

To anyone out there i am a MAJOR gamer. I currently have a Steam and an Xbox live account (gold) under the name Lt.No0b if anyone is interested in playing.

This kind of sounds as if I'm part of a support group for theme park people but here goes:

I'm Jessica from Iowa. I grew up on a farm and came to the 'big' city (Ankeny) for university. I've worked at Advetureland for two summers now. I found this page after the mid-west trip you folks took that included A-land. I had to see if you loved the park as much as I do. Turns out you do! (I come on my days off to the park.)

When I'm not working at Adventureland, I work to complete my photography/mass communication degree.

In fact, I took my avatar picture last August.