TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Are Your "Coaster Goals" For 2007?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been helping to plan an Ohio-CF trip for the guys down at PKICentral, so I guess getting that together is a start. Aside from that, I have but one goal this year: Maverick. Of course I'll be checking the new addittions at my home park KI, but work will probablly get in the way of any major coasting trips...

2007 should be a very good and fun coaster year for me. I only have 19 coasters under my belt, so this year that number should dramatically increase.

Parks I plan to visit for the first time:

Cedar Point

Six Flags Great Adventure

La Ronde

Funtown Splashtown U.S.A

Parks I plan to visit that I have been to before:

Six Flags New England

Canobie Lake Park

Lake Compounce

I am still planning for this summer but this is what I got so far

I will go to

Cedar Point

Geauga Lake

Waldermeer

Kennywood

Maybe

Six Flags Darien Lake

Martins Fantasy Island

Lakemont

Coney Island

I also hope to go back to running the Bluestreak at Conneaut Lake Park this summer. I really hope they open.

Well, I'm hoping to get more visits in to SFMM than last year (I really hope they get X up and running again soon, as that would inspire me to go more often) as well as about the same on Knott's visits, and I want to do Solace and West Coast Bash again, but as far as anything beyond those two parks:

-Planning to hit SFOG again when visiting family back East in the spring or summer, my Dad told me on the phone the other day he's looking forward to going there again

-Hoping to try to extend that same trip (depending on how many vacation days I get) and make it up to Virginia to visit family I have not seen in a while and to get a ride on Griffon at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg

-There's a possibility I may be attending a trade show in the summer that would be right near Busch Gardens in Tampa, and would allow for an extra day to sightsee, so I might get to go on Sheikra too.

That's about it. I am limited in the amount of time off I can take, and vacation schedules have not yet been announced so it's tough to tell until they are. The only one of those three parks I know for sure I will get to go to again is SFOG, but I would really like to get to at least Williamsburg as well.

My goals for 2007:

-get coaster number 100, plus a lot more (currently on 96)

-Mt. Olympus

-Six Flags New England

-Busch Gardens Africa, Disney parks in Florida

-Six Flags St. Louis

-Six Flags Magic Mountain/Knotts Berry Farm in SoCal

-Dollywood

2007 is the year of the coaster for me!

I'll be adding all the parks on the TPR Mid-West trip (Cedar Point is my only repeat!), as well as a Disney World pilgrimage with my family that will include my first day at IOA.

I should have no problems topping the 100 coaster count, I'm only in the 40's now but I doubt this will be an issue for me. I haven't looked into the specifics, but depending on how it all goes, and just how much whoring i do, I may be able to get 100 new ones this year alone!

Of course lots of visits to Canada's Wonderland are in order. I'm also hoping to be able to talk my parents into visiting BGA since we're now flying out of Tampa at 5:30 on a Sunday!

Who knows, I may even be able to talk my friends into a Montreal weekend trip to check out La Ronde too! (I've been trying that one for a couple years).

My first goal was to jump on the midwest trip when it was announced. That got scrapped due to baby plans with the wife. We hope to get out to Cedar Point for Maverick. So I guess that's my goal. Can I do an 08 goal? That would be to jump on one of the trips here. They look like too much fun.

While my plans are subject to change, I too am planning on topping 100 coasters next season!

Spring 2007: Griffon and SFA

June 2007: Valleyfair, Timberfalls, and Mt. Olympus (definitely looking forward to Hades/Avalanche)

July/August: Geauga Lake/ Cedar Point trip to pick up a credit for Maverick!

There's also a chance for a SFOG/Carowinds trip, but that looks like it may be a long shot It all depends on how much money I can make hahaha

I want to visit Port Aventura again, the two parks in Madrid and some parks in skandinavia, my favourite area in Europe . I don't have any special coaster that I have to ride, but it would be nice to ride Toverland's GCI woodie, my favourite woodie Zeus and Furious Baco. I also don't have a count goal.

Greetings

Daniel

I'll be going to Virginia this year. Busch Gardens is definitely on the list, but i'm hoping to be able to do Kings Dominion too. Already been to SFA, no thanks.

And then of course at least one trip to the parks around here (Darien Lake, Martin's Fantasy Island, Seabreeze, Marineland)

I wish I had waited a year to get to Cedar Point becuase now i'm not going to be able to try the Maverick any time soon.

If we go to Florida, maybe Universal, but that's doubtful.

^LOL!

Nah...there's a coaster in Japan that goes 4mph and has a baby carseat on it! So she can get that credit, but then she probably won't get anymore till she's 3!

Hah...

"The... coaster travels at 4 miles per hour providing a relaxing and fun ride, so everyone can ride!"

I really hope to get out to Virginia to ride Griffon... if our family takes a Florida trip this year (which is unlikely since middle school - high school - college breaks don't line up), I'd love to go to SeaWorld and back to BGA. A trip to Mt. Olympus, Geauga Lake, CP, and PKI seems very possible since we aren't going on the Midwest TPR trip. And of course, 1 million SFGAm visits (okay, three.).