TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Screen names?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to be creative during history, and for our end of the term project we had to do a play about the pioneers or something... So I used "thats so raven" and did a whole play based around her bringing back the dead to talk about what the revolutions of Canada were all about... and the word to bring the past to the present was "Cyber.Fiber"? I don't know?

• 1 year later...

Back in '99 I was trying to figure out an AOL screen name. I wanted something with "Metallica" in it. Every combination that I could think of was taken. So I just combined the words "Metallica" and "rocks" to form "Metrock." but even that was taken. So I added the upcoming year "2000" to finally come up with "Metrock2000." It's my main e-mail address to this day.

But when I got to various internet forums, "Metrock" was still available. So I took it. And it kinda stuck.

GeneralEclectic - Well, lets divide up this compound word which I have created, looking at 'eclectic' first.

Eclectic is defined as someone who makes selections and decisions based on what seems best out of various styles or ideas. The word itself is rooted in the idea of 'eclecticism.' Eclecticism is a conceptual approach that does not hold rigidly to a single paradigm or set of assumptions, but instead draws upon multiple theories, styles, or ideas to gain complementary insights into a subject, or applies different theories in particular cases.

General, within the context that I use it, it is an adjective which implies that which is not specialized or limited to one class of things.

In the short of it, I can say with great conviction that the screenname fits me perfectly as I consider myself someone who is not closed to any idea presented to me in any subject. Also it's an excellent play on words played against General Electric.