TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Idiot Ride Ops.

Once i wass in Walibi world, and i made some pictures during the ride. The (loser)ride ops, saw it. And told me to delete the pictures, or they would take my camera. I told them they had to buy themselfs a camera if they such a beautiful camera.

my friends laught and the ride ops walked away.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I have a couple of stories on this thread.

Magic Mountain

One day earlier in the year, my friend and I went to SFMM and saw a few interesting things that day.

Ride ops love playing with the breaks on Gold Rusher.

Ride ops fall asleep on the top of drops on Log Jammer and Jet Stream

CELL PHONES..UGH

Goliath.. We were riding in the middle of the train and the people in front of us were joking around seeing if they could get their legs out. The kid on the right did, but then his restraint went down more (which shows how great they check restraints) and he couldn't get his leg back into the train. He then jumped out of the train onto the lift's stairs. Everyone on that train was pretty much silent after that. We get back to the station and reported the incident, they let the kid back on the very next train. I was like whats up with that!? We went to guest relations and they were all like "What, thats not possible" So yeah that was interesting..

August 2006, Mt Olympus, Opa. Both of these girls were working when I rode, just prior to taking this photo. I guess the operator's console doubles as the employee breakroom.

Later at Hades, a couple of brilliant riders exited on the wrong side of the train after their ride. Instead of stepping back through the car they walked around behind the train and stepped down onto the track to cross to the exit. Due to the language barrier, all the Ride Op could muster was something to the effect of "do you grow up in the jungle?".

Almost every employee I heard speaking at Mt Olympus (as well some other businesses in the Dells area) seemed to speak Russian much better than English.

When I was at Mt Olympus they managed to get two boats on Dive to Atlantis stuck together. They held one back manually while they sent the other up the lift.

I'm not quite sure how they managed to do that considering it takes like 10 minutes to float to the lift, and they're hardly quick loading.

Cell phones should not be permitted, period. We don't allow them. If you are caught on the phone you get to go to work for burger king!

One of the most common prolems for parks are employees become too comfortable with the ride they are running, and this creates some serious problems.

We rotate employees if at all possible so they are not stuck in the same location for hours on end. Also and I hate to say his but the buck stops with management! If it's a large park then it stops with the ride supervisors! they need to keep things fresh and fun! And stick to strick safety polices, and stop being so damn lax.

Some of the pictures I have seen posted here make me sick.

The Mt. Olympus ops are pretty indifferent, but I never noticed them being mean. One of them wagged her finger at us for trying to ride the kiddie coaster, even though no posted rule forbid this.

Another really annoying thing about Mt. Olympus is how you have to swap e-tickets at the ticket booth for wrist bands. We got the evil eye from the gate lady when we tried to bring our tickets straight to the gate. Newsflash: Bringing e-tickets directly to the gate is how it's supposed to work!

I had another idiot op moment at Timber Falls. I inadvertantly went to the log flume via the exit line. The op made me go all the way around back to the entrance, even though there was nobody in line and plenty of empty logs waiting to be boarded. Why?

While we are on the bash Mt. Olympus thread, I would like to add my experience.

I landed in Chicago one fall afternoon and called the park directly to A) Make sure they were open and B) Make sure the coasters were running. I was assured by the woman on the phone that the park was open until 10 pm and all coasters were running.

After driving north about 3 hours to get to the park, I found out the only coaster running was Hades. Of course, I could not find a guest relations office or even a person who spoke English, so I rode Hades a few times and left.

I'm fed up with being pinned by idiot ride ops on f'ing OSTRs. What the hell. Even on one click a 1.4m skinny person would not fall out. One's knees cannot bend backwards.

I am forever fighting against the ops at Thorpe Park to have my Inferno restraint one lock higher than crushing. It's stupid. It's far more dangerous to crush me.

I've been pinned by a ride op on Rush to the point where it was physicaly painful and i had to beg for the bar to be released. she said that i should be left there, the bi... yeah. But i was kinda rude to her... and i was stupid enough to let her see me slump after rising to keep the bar high. Still, that's physical abuse! I complained... i spend most of my time at thorpe complaining.

Still - my knees can't bend upwards and until they can i'm not going to fall out of these deep seats.

Other than that - not really, generally staff being fools and not knowing stuff they should do pisses me off but they could be new for all i know.

I'm fed up with being pinned by idiot ride ops on f'ing OSTRs. What the hell. Even on one click a 1.4m skinny person would not fall out. One's knees cannot bend backwards.

I am forever fighting against the ops at Thorpe Park to have my Inferno restraint one lock higher than crushing. It's stupid. It's far more dangerous to crush me.

I've been pinned by a ride op on Rush to the point where it was physicaly painful and i had to beg for the bar to be released. she said that i should be left there, the bi... yeah. But i was kinda rude to her... and i was stupid enough to let her see me slump after rising to keep the bar high. Still, that's physical abuse! I complained... i spend most of my time at thorpe complaining.

Still - my knees can't bend upwards and until they can i'm not going to fall out of these deep seats.

Other than that - not really, generally staff being fools and not knowing stuff they should do pisses me off but they could be new for all i know.

i had that on Slammer, they don't normally check your safety or comfort, but they decided to make everything that little bit safer, they tried to get every ones otsr's down another click, which literally pinned me in my seat...

i came off with a massive head rush, so i didn't complain... mmmm....

Samurai on the other hand, well, dont get me started.

we were sent to our seats. the restraints came down and then they automatically opened (i was on the end and i somehow managed to turn my neck to see the lake). the whole row started screaming and using every fowl word under the sun. the op was just about to push the button that would send us to our doom, but the people in the queue also started yelling and banging on the cabin. it was quite funny. they stopped just in time and got us to safety.

we were then loaded again onto the same row. the bars came down, yada-yada-yada, but there were two over-obese (spelling) Jamaicans who rather rudely pushed their way onto the ride. Once again, i was the head of the second uproar within 3 minutes. I demanded them to get their supervisor (or whatever) so i could complain about the lapse in fairness (how geeky, lol)

finally, after a third time, we got on, but the bars didn't lower all the way. we demanded off, but they didn't do anything and sent us round anyway, each of us with a 3/4/5 click ride... the scariest thing i have ever had happen.

we went to the complaints office and said 'those f*ckers operating The Samurai are the S*ttest people ever. What in Gods name possessed you to even think of employing them? We want them revoked from their jobs due to lapse in health and safety' and told them what i have just told you.

we continued around the park, went back to The Samurai to see what kind of mess was happening this time, but they were doing the fastest launch ever! we spoke to the ops and they said 'didn't you know? they were fired because some kids complained about their atrocious behaviour!'

Result!

Any ride ops that use their feet to push down lapbars! Happened to me twice and it was incredibly painful! Especially during your gas episode like I had when I was on the Mighty Canadian Minebuster.

In fact it had really pissed me off that I almost wanted to run to the ride op and punch him in the face after I got off the ride. But of course, I have enough self-control.

If any of you becomes a ride op, never never never NEVER use your feet to check people's lapbar! It's impolite and I meant it!

The Stampida and Gwazi ride-ops were awful.

Gwazi's where taking about an hour to dispatch a train, mainly because they had four people sat in the control booth, one sat on the platform, and one actually doing restraints. Then they kept letting these apparently 'privileged' kids stay on one of the two trains continually, which combined bumped the wait up to about ten times what it should have been.

Then the ride sucked...

And the Stampida ops were rude, and I've never been so pinned in my life, it was unbelievable.

Then they kept letting these apparently 'privileged' kids stay on one of the two trains continually, which combined bumped the wait up to about ten times what it should have been.

You sure the "privileged" kids didn't have Platinum passes that allows for a re-ride?

VVV 'sup privileged kid buddy.

I remember in SFOG I was getting ready to ride Georgia Scorcher. My really short friend was trying to strap in, but the ride's banana straps wouldn't lock. We yelled and screamed for a ride op, for they were about to blatently just start the ride. Finally this guy that looked like he was 80 came over and locked him in.

Otherwise, I've had no problems

Then they kept letting these apparently 'privileged' kids stay on one of the two trains continually, which combined bumped the wait up to about ten times what it should have been.

You sure the "privileged" kids didn't have Platinum passes that allows for a re-ride?

VVV 'sup privileged kid buddy.

Nah, they were wearing these stupid matching yellow t-shirts, and were like, eight .

Followed me throughout most of Florida actually, well, Sea World. Didn't line skip there though, just irritated me in the Journey queue... *sigh*. So, I get the impression it's an organisation, camp I think.

I have done some stupid things but I will never do anything to interfer with saftey or get anyone upset.

When I went to Erieveiw. The week before they closed. When me and my 7 year old brother went to ride the bumper cars we were greeted with the least respect. When we approched the ride Op. was awymaking out with her boyfriend. We got in line and she ignored us so I said hey we would like to ride. When she got over to let us in she tried saying my little brother was to short. I said no he is not we just checked. And she said I can't let him on. and I said why not he is tall enough and has a wristband so I don't see the problem. and she said al right then but I am not supposed to. and I said I do think your supposed to.

No wonder that place closed

And second was at a fair on the musik Express. Because the Op. had it in his mind that there were no single riders. But there were single riders.

But who dosen't have problems with carnies.

I remember in SFOG I was getting ready to ride Georgia Scorcher. My really short friend was trying to strap in, but the ride's banana straps wouldn't lock. We yelled and screamed for a ride op, for they were about to blatently just start the ride. Finally this guy that looked like he was 80 came over and locked him in.

Otherwise, I've had no problems

I have also had problems with the ride ops on Scorcher. Now they are lazy and dont say when the seats are going to lock, therefore many people get stuck and they have to go row by row helping all of the people who got stuck. That makes the scorcher have the worst opperations in the park besides SUF.

ive run into plenty of idiot operators on rides

1. Goliath(SFMM)- was listening to his ipod and wasnt paying attention, didnt realize what was going on untill people started yelling at him.

2. Ninja (SFMM)- Left for lunch without telling anyone and so there was two people doing everything. They were waiting in the station for him to send the train but he had left.

3. X- Started to fold the chairs back while people were getting in! also, they completely pinned me to the chair with the restraints and i couldnt breathe at all. I was gasping for air the entire time and i couldnt enjoy it.

4. Silver Bullet- ANNOYING WIRELESS mic's

5. Wizzer (SFGav)- Sent four completely empty trains around for no reason at all. They hadnt added a train, No one had gotten hurt, it was pointless.

6. Tatsu- Too Busy talking to his girlfriend to care