TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Yesterday I went to Hersheypark and man was it a wierd day!

I arrived around 2:00PM and rode Starship, the Carrousel, and the Scrambler, all had an approx. wait time of 0-5 minutes.

Next was the Reese's Xtreme Cup challenge which was a 10 minute wait in the 2 people or more line. Then it was on to the Skyview and Fender Bender. When we got to the monorail it started getting strange.

We got on the ride and at the section where the ride passes over the parking lot, right before the second station the ride stopped. The operator took out his walkie talkie (around this time I was thinking we were going to have to get out in a cherry-picker). A minute or two later the ride started up again and we got back to the loading station only to see the ride was closed. About 5 minutes later it was open again.

-(EDIT)-meteornotes just cleared this part of the story up for me. See below for the explanation.

Following that, we went on the Frontier Flyers which was a 10 min. wait and to the train, a 2 min. wait. Next was The Claw which I've never been on before. All I can say about it is airtime!

I got back on Xtreme Cup challenge, but this time I got in the 1 person only line and boy it cuts time, it was a walk-on! In line I also had my first ACEer sighting, execpt the guy wasn't fat.

Comet Hollow was next and the Wave Swinger was broken so I rode the Tilt-A-Whirl which was also a walk-on.

To finish the day I the Kissing Tower and one last lap on the Claw. Pics will be coming soon.

-Chris

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got back on Xtreme Cup challenge, but this time I got in the 1 person only line and boy it cuts time, it was a walk-on! In line I also had my first ACEer sighting, execpt the guy wasn't fat.

I was at the park that day rockin my ACE shirt (i am also not fat) that day so it might have been me you saw!

I take that back for saying it was wierd then.

After so many years of riding it, (most of them were with the ride running with 1 train) I guessed that the ride broke down at the time. Sorry for the confusion.

-Chris

I went to Hershey on the 16th. Lines were super-short during the day and super-long at night. I had my first Flyer ride ever, which is weird since my home park is Knoebels. I took home a block of fudge and a bag of popcorn, both of which I still haven't finished.

I was in line for a nighttime monorail ride when one of the drivers came in fast and jammed on the brakes. I ended up on the same train and her next trip was normal.