TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Florida

Hey all, we finally made it to Florida in October this year. We were there for 9 days and had a completely unbelievable time. Can't wait to go back.

Day One - Universal Studio's Orlando

After taking the red-eye out and landing at 6:30am we decided to start our trip at Universal. We weren't sure if we could check in that early and we wanted to get a park in the first morning. Worked out great.

When we landed it was HOT and HUMID, luckily the only hot days we had all week were Saturday and Sunday.

We got to the park about 745, the sun was still coming up:

The entrance to Citywalk:

We had some time before the park opened so we decided to get some MUCH needed breakfast:

Their Citywalk seemed smaller, but I liked it better than Hollywoods.

The park entrance:

Josh is sad because this means he has to ride Mummy (He loved it BTW)

First stop was Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoons Blast ... which was the biggest surprise of the trip ... such an awesome ride/show/whatever it is.

Next Stop: Mummy ... which is about a million times better than the California version.

The parks San Francisco area ... which was very nicely done.

Earthquake, which was pretty much the same as the one on the Tram in CA ... except your not on a tram

Next up was MIB ... which ROCKED!!!

They still have E.T. - Still fun.

The kids and Woody Woodpecker

About noon we started geting REALLY tired ... so we just did the Twister show (which was awesome) and headed for the hotel

Next Up, Disney MGM

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day Two (AM): Disney MGM Studios

Morning Two, I'm tired

Kristi on the other hand is as gorgeous as ever (Of course the coffee is helping keep her awake )

On to Disney MGM

The kids are rested and ready to go

We now bring you the kids eye view of Gregg and Kristi

So right when we got in the gate a CM approached us and asked if we'd like to be the "First Family" on Rock N' Roller Coaster. Absolutely we say's. So he proceeds to lead us backstage (sorry, no camera's allowed) and right onto Sunset Blvd. Gives us some nice "History" of Tower and RnRC and we get to ride RnRC before the park even opened. Of course Josh opted not to ride, but Kristi and Amanda got their dream. It was really pretty cool.

We also got a certificate for free ice-cream.

On the way it was nice to get some Tower photo's with no crowds.

Rock N' Roller Coaster

After a ride on both Rock N' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror we figured we should go make reservations for 50's Prime Time Diner since we wanted to eat there for lunch.

50's Prime Time Diner, home of good meatloaf and mashed taters

Great Movie Ride

The kids and a fountain

The Star Tours Queue (OMG!!!!!)

It's lunch time!!!

They must know me ... they gave us the Penguin table

We had two Mom's (One was in training I think)

Over to the tram tour ... first thing ... POTC2 stuff

Old school airplane

Catastrophe Canyon

Spaceship from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (Why do they need windshield wipers in space?)

Next up was the Beauty and the Beast show

Mickey Topiary (I think this is such an awesome picture, Kristi's good!!!)

MuppetVision 3D, we didn't see the show, but their courtyard area looks great

After that we headed over to the arcade to play some Mario Kart Arcade then back to the hotel for a nap and then off to MK that night. Had an awesome day at MGM. We rode Tower 4 or 5 times, RnRC twice, The tram, Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, had an awesome lunch.

Until next time, you can find more MGM photo's here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/2071188/1

Day Two (PM) - Magic Kingdom

As Disneyland Veterans we were really looking forward to Magic Kingdom. Just to see the differences and of course the castle.

As with everybody who has been to Disneyland as much as we have, the size of EVERYTHING is the first thing you notice. In addition of course, is the castle, which is FANTASTIC.

I will say that I thought the rides at MK were great, some were better than CA (Splash Mtn and the Fantasyland Dark Rides). Some were worse (Pirates, Mansion, Buzz Lightyear and of course the Tiki Room). Others I would put right on Par with their CA counterparts (Space Mtn, Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise).

Overall I will say that I still like Disneyland better. It's my home park, it's the park I've been to most and it will take alot to remove Disneyland from my #1 spot. That being said, the gap isn't much.

Okay, so after my quick review, onto the pictures!!!

What's that at the end of Main Street ... it's a Castle!!!

Warning, Kristi took ALOT of Castle pictures. I just wish I'd have gotten video or a picture of her reaction upon seeing the castle. Like a little girl, it was so cute.

Our first stop was Tomorrowland ... we NEEDED to ride Tomorrowland Transit Authority!!!

We looked for Space Mtn in it's normal spot ... it wasn't there. Carousel of Progress was in it's place. Space Mtn is about where Innoventions and Autopia would be in CA.

Amanda's All "Everything is in the wrong place"

Amanda and Joshua on Tomorrowland Transit Authority

The parents on TTA

You can see the castle from anywhere

Their Fantasyland is MUCH bigger (or there is at least more space) but they have less rides ... go figure

The backside of the castle, which is beautiful too, except for the crane to the left. (more on that later in the TR)

Philharmagic ... BEST.SHOW.EVER!!!

RIP Wheezy

We then went over to Adventureland, rode Flying Carpets of Aladdin (it was a walk-on).

Then we rode Pirates (Awesome queue, crappy ride) and had dinner at Pecos Bill's. Let me tell you ... BEST BURGERS!!!! They also have a condiment bar with grilled onions and mushrooms. It was awesome. Of course if they had this in CA the condiment bar would be ruined.

It was now about 10pm and EMH was actually busier than when the park was open. We had to get up early for EMH at Animal Kingdom the next morning so we headed back to the hotel.

On the way out though, Kristi took some amazing pictures of the castle in the dark.

More MK Photo's Here: http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/2071491/1

Day 3 (AM) - Disney's Animal Kingdom

On the morning of day 3 the we were more than happy to welcome a new member of our family. Our friend Lee was also in town a few days before our main group and would join us for opening.

Pulling into the parking lot

The Tree of Life

Our first views of Expedition Everest (WOW!!!)

Since it was EMH the park wasn't busy at all. We decided to hit up Everest First so we got FP's then got in the Stand-By line which was about 5 minutes.

The queue line is unbelievabley awesome!!!

The kids are still smiling after their first ride

Some more external shots of the mountain

This background looks like a painting

After Everest we went over to get on the Safari before that line got long

Lee, Gregg, Joshua and Amanda are prepared to go to Africa

This guy delayed our truck for a few minutes

The Safari was great

Mickey Shaped Island

After the Safari we headed over for Pangani Forest

After our walk through the Jungle we got more fastpasses for the Safari's to do them again and then headed back over to Everest.

Kristi in front of the tree of life

Lee's getting ready for our 2nd spin on Everest

Everest in Action

We then decided to head over to Dino-Rama and take a couple of rides in Primevil Whirl

It was then over to Dinosaur (it was okay, nothing great)

After Dinosaur we went on Everest and the Safari one more time and left the park about noon. Went back to the hotel, had lunch with Lee and took naps to get ready for MNSSHP that night.

AK is a great park with ALOT of potntial. Everest is a GREAT start but the park still needs more. We had a great time.

YYYYYAAAAAYYYYYYY GULFSTREAM 1!!!!!! My friends dad owns 3 of those, including the last one ever made. We took one of them to Cedar Point last year, pretty cool.

Nice PTR, Im headed to WDW in a week, so this just made me look forward to it even more!

Colin C

^ Not sure, that's my friend Lee, not me. Sorry.

Day 3 (PM) - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

The main part of the group we were traveling with showed up during the afternoon. There was a group of about 15 of us that were heading to MNSSHP

We met in Hub-east and started with some pictures.

The three kitties

Spongebobs

And of course ... Lindsay Lohan (That's our friend Joe)

Were Here!!!

CANDY!!!

Welcome!!!

Nice shot of the castle

STITCH!!!

It was time to find some candy.

But first stop ... Splash Mountain

Kristi and the Girls opted out, instead they got stuck and walked-off Big Thunder. LUCKY!!! And of course in true Disney-Geek fashion, Kristi took pictures.

So after Splash/Big Thunder it was time for ... CANDY!!!

FOG is RAD!! (even fake fog)

So if there is one ride you have to do on a Halloween event it's the Haunted Mansion (I think everybody who went to MNSSHP from this site, took a picture of this guy. I know I've seen him before)

Waiting for the "elevator" (I guess it really is just a stretching room here)

Lindsay and her posse ...

We all headed to Mickey's Toontown Fair next

We took over a full train on Goofy's Barnstormer

After Barnstormer we found ... TREAT TRAIL!!!

It was near the Alice stuff next to the R.R. It was 4 or 5 candy stops from Toontown to Tomorrowland. AWESOME!!!

Like a kid in a candy store ...

The CM's giving out candy were great.

These guys were AWESOME!!!

It's Fireworks Time

After Fireworks it was time to get a spot for the 10:30 Boo to You parade and the Villians Show.

The Castle was cool and kinda creepy

Kristi and her little Spongebob

The Boo to You parade ... Happy Halloween!!!

They gave out candy at the end

Lindsay needed a "Pick me Up"

After the parade it was time to go find what ... more Candy!!!

Notice the change in Lindsay pre and post candy?

This was the our take for the night

For more MNSSHP photo's, click here ... http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/2071194/1

Day 4 - Epcot

Finally, to the park I was looking forward to most.

We woke up bright eyed and busy tailed (not) after our late night at MNSSHP. But we did make it for 8am EMH at Epcot. And let me tell you ... it was down-right COLD!!!! At least for Florida. So in our pants and jackets, we were off.

First stop, Test Track, FP's for Test Track and then Mission: Space.

After that we were getting a bit hungry, so it was over to the Land to have some breakfast.

After breakfast we took a ride on "Living with the Land". We all enjoyed it.

Those things are HUGE!!

Pumpkins

Tomato Tree?

After that we made our way over to Nemo

We found him!!!

Mine, Mine, Mine!!!

What's up Dude!!!

Nemo was a great ride. Solid C/D ticket attraction at least. Gives me LOTS of hope for the subs.

Next it was back over to Test Track to use our FP's and get more for later. We also didn't get too many pictures the first time due to lack of food and coffee.

The Jammitors were hard at work.

Next Stop - Spaceship Earth

Micechat Meet Time!!!

It's 11am ... not too early for a drink is it??? (HEY, were on Vacation!!!!)

Kristi's first taste of the Rosa Regale. Not her last. We found this when we got home at BevMo. Good stuff.

We had lunch reservatoins at Biergarten, so we all headed over to World Showcase

Food AND Wine ... my kind of festival

We were lazy and took the boat

But we got some nice pictures

The American Adventure and Italy

China and part of Norway

Mexico!!!

Morrocco with that Tower looking thing looming in the background

We made it to Germany!!

Since we weren't really that hungry (we had just had breakfast not too long before) we opted out on the Buffet lunch with the group. If they had something besids BUFFET!!! then we definately would have eaten. But this place is DEFINATELY on my list for our next trip.

So we decided to tour World Showcase a bit.

The South Africa booth

We took a ride on Maelstrom ... which was ... lets say ... interesting.

After that we stopped for a quick lunch, not too big. And of course, being from SoCal and being able to get GREAT Mexican food whenever we want it ... we ate in ... you guessed it, MEXICO!!

This guy came to pay us a visit

Our lunch, complete with multi-colored margarita

After lunch it was time to tour the Mexico pavillion

Mexico boat ride: VERY interesting. Part of it feels like small world, part of it feels like the Tortilla Tour at DCA. I hear some changes are coming for this ride, and I have to say ... it needs it.

After Mexico we went back over and did Test Track, Mission:Space, Nemo again and I think we left the park about 4pm since we were planning on hitting Pleasure Island that night, sans kids. Not sure why there aren't more pictures, but we were enjoying some "beverages" so that could have something to do with it.

Check back later for ... Universal's Islands of Adventure!!!

For more epcot, click here: http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/2071185/1

Good lord, I did the mexican boat ride 2 weeks ago when I went to Epcot for the first time in like 15 years.

If the thing had on-ride photo I would've bought it, all of our expressions were the ultimate in WTF???

Maelstrom was another one of those rides that had everyone questioning where we were at.

The reason why this guy is so familiar is because, well, it's me, TPR's loyal personal butler! Awesome photo. I vaguely remember Lindsay, but most of Not-So-Scary is a blur. Looking at my hair and makeup, that was on October 23rd.

Glad to see you had a great time. Wonderful TR btw, I'm loving it.

Stuart "I feel like a celebrity, now where's my Evian" Newsom