TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme and amusement parks' population is being diminished

You are right and infact my friend and I have been planing a theme park called Saphyria. The park will include 5 roller coasters including a B&M invert, a Maure Shone spinning coaster, a vekoma invertigo, a Euro fighter, and a custom family invert from vekoma. Flat rides include an S&S tower, dueling swining ships, a disko coaster, either a Zaperela giant discovery or a Huss giant frisbee, and a sally interactive dark ride. water rides include an intamin white water rapids ride w/ wirlpool and drop, an O.D. hopkins logflume, and the jewel of the park an intamin Chute the Chutes simmaler to pirates of the carabian only it will be housed in an artificial mountain and will have a 135 foot 87 degree drop. This ride will be themed to the dragon Saphyra from the book Eragon.

for more info visit our web site at www.saphyriapark.com

or email us a saphyriapark@gmail.com

...breathe...breathe...breathe...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll send you a check for $1000 if your park gets built in real life. Mark my words, $1000 endorsed TO YOU to spend any way you see fit.

You can't even spell or use any sort of punctuation, I'm sure all the investors of America will be salivating to fork over their millions to you.

Australia's Wonderland (1985-2004)

Pirate's Fun Park (1920s-2004)

Six Flags New Orleans (2000-2005, the biggest failure ever)

LibertyLand (1971?-2006)

Six Flags Astroworld (1968-2005)

HIpe Hopes Orchard (?-2005)

Kobe Protopialand (1981-2006)

Nara Dreamland (1961-2006)

Erieview (?-2006)

Myrtle Beach Grand Prix (1976-2006)

Myrtle Beach Pavillion (1948-2006)

Southport's Pleasureland (1912-2006)

American Adventure (1987?-2006)

York's Wild Kingdom (1950s-2006)

And how many of them are GOOD parks....hmm....let's see?

Out of the entire list, I'd say the park of the bunch was probably Kobe Portopialand! And even their coasters, IMO were FAR overrated (assuming it was because some people who went out there thought they were closing forever and no one else would get to ride them to say they were full of sh1t)

Bummer about Aska, too, but man...Nara was a DUMP! At least there is a clone of that ride at Six Flags Great America.

Jazzland was also a nice park (SFNO), but I don't think you can really blame it's closure for the same reasons as the other.

And Astroworld, whlie it was an "ok" Six Flags park, IMO, it was lower on the list of ones I would visit, and really the only reason I'd ever go there is because I was in Texas visiting the other, much nicer Six Flags parks.

So yeah....when I look at that list, I honestly say "Meh....no real loss...."

--Robb

Now that I think of it, the only real losses quality wise were the Pavillion, SFNO, maybe Wonderland (I've heard many good things about this park other than the crappy coasters), and Kobe Protopialand and those are nothing really compared to other, exsisting parks! Also, it seems like the only "OMG! THAT's SUCH A HUGE LOSS!" park in the pass 10 years was Opryland USA! So yeah, the parks that are closing/have closed are mostly crap parks that should go to hell!

-Stephen "Thank God China and India are building world class theme parks at this second"

You are right and infact my friend and I have been planing a theme park called Saphyria. The park will include 5 roller coasters including a B&M invert, a Maure Shone spinning coaster, a vekoma invertigo, a Euro fighter, and a custom family invert from vekoma. Flat rides include an S&S tower, dueling swining ships, a disko coaster, either a Zaperela giant discovery or a Huss giant frisbee, and a sally interactive dark ride. water rides include an intamin white water rapids ride w/ wirlpool and drop, an O.D. hopkins logflume, and the jewel of the park an intamin Chute the Chutes simmaler to pirates of the carabian only it will be housed in an artificial mountain and will have a 135 foot 87 degree drop. This ride will be themed to the dragon Saphyra from the book Eragon.

for more info visit our web site at www.saphyriapark.com

or email us a saphyriapark@gmail.com

I designed a forth of the rides in the park

3. For the park we already have a bank account email the layout what rides we want everything you could think of. Anyway it wouldn't get built for another 10-20 years

Seriously, are you joking? You cannot say "I'm building this huge park and it will be ready by 2026, we have all of the money but we have a problem, we don't have any land!" You got to buy land, get planing permission, and not have 3 inverts by opening. Also, how can any water ride be 87 degrees? PP at KBF is only 75 degrees, and people have died on it! are you sure about that ride becoming a reality? Also, can you get the rights from Eragon? Because if you don't, you'll get a multi year time out inside a cold and dark place!

-Stephen "Your a lier"

^ I had a look at RCDB's India a while ago. They didn't look like they had any good coasters. Which surprised me a little bit. But anyway, go China!

And don't forget all the news comeing in from Colombia and Venezuela. They look like they are going to be good coaster countries as well.

coastercrazy216, you have won Homer's "Post of teh month" award. I see this topic now going into the same route as the Otherkin topic.

EDIT: Onto something serious...

2. It's a FORUM, not a final draft essay

Posts reflect yourself. Proper grammar and spelling make you look like a sophisticated, mature human being. Typing like 10 year old on AOL makes you look like, well, a 10 year old...

Again, I see your "park" as nothing more but some overglorified RCT park. Are you SU182 by any chance (anybody over at NewElement would get this joke)?

Out of however many parks there are out there a list of 14 parks is not that substantial. Each park has their own reason for closing down as sad as it seems it happens. The only park on that list I have even been to was Erieview and while it was an ok park it was very small with one kiddy coaster. My first ever coaster was here and I went to it all the time as a kid while I am sad to have seen it close I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

^no "Golden Age" would refer to a period in history when things are prosperous. The word "Depression" never refers to anything good.

They were not the same times in history.

The 20's were when tons of parks opened as ways to increrase the amount of people using public transportation. When the Depression hit and 25% or more of the country was unemployed, most of these parks closed down.

^When truly good parks start closing down AND no new parks are being built, then you will have something to worry about. Until then realize this is a HOBBY and not life and death. No one roots for parks to close down, but again it is part of the business cycle. 75% of small businesses fail on the first attempt. Heck even the massively successful businesses like Sears and Kmart used to be are heading toward the end, so some small, poorly run parks are not going to make it.

This thread started an OK discussion, but what I hate about all threads like this is no one proposes an answer. I mean how many of these parks did you visit last year to help support, or how many of those parks have you ever visited to know if they were worth saving. Two parks that I enjoy are Conneaut Lake and Lakemont park. I have visited both of them twice in the last 4 years even though they are almost 10 hours away. That being said when they finally go under I will be sad, but not surprised.

Bottom line if you want anybody to take this topic seriously offer up your solution, not just some park that is going to need a billion dollars to get off the ground.

Rich "There are 2 shift keys on the keyboard it can't be hard to use 1" Bitner

^When truly good parks start closing down AND no new parks are being built, then you will have something to worry about. Until then realize this is a HOBBY and not life and death. No one roots for parks to close down, but again it is part of the business cycle. 75% of small businesses fail on the first attempt. Heck even the massively successful businesses like Sears and Kmart used to be are heading toward the end, so some small, poorly run parks are not going to make it.

This thread started an OK discussion, but what I hate about all threads like this is no one proposes an answer. I mean how many of these parks did you visit last year to help support, or how many of those parks have you ever visited to know if they were worth saving. Two parks that I enjoy are Conneaut Lake and Lakemont park. I have visited both of them twice in the last 4 years even though they are almost 10 hours away. That being said when they finally go under I will be sad, but not surprised.

Bottom line if you want anybody to take this topic seriously offer up your solution, not just some park that is going to need a billion dollars to get off the ground.

Rich "There are 2 shift keys on the keyboard it can't be hard to use 1" Bitner

I think the solution is obvious. You patronize the good parks, and let the bad ones die off. Though, I think a lot of relatively bad parks survive based on the fact that they are the only game in town. SFKK has no direct competition in the Louisville area. I can't imagine that toilet would survive if there was anything decent in town.

See that is a good point about not having direct competition. SFKK is pretty bad I have been there 3 times and have to go back this year to get my pass. That being said it still offers a better experience then the two parks on the closing list I went to this year and the other one I went to when I was younger.

Conneut Lake Park is on the verge of dieing.There are a couple reasons for it.

First is the Compition from waldermeer and it will be worse when they add the Revine Flyer.

Second is not enough advertising. There are people as close as Meadville who don't know the park is there.

And third Manager they apppointed is not people friendly. Every other day there is a comment in the meadville Tribune from someone who visited the park. and 50% are negative. Like this one that a lady said she went to the park with her kids and let them ride two rides then went home to eat and returned to the park at 7:45 and found out they were closing at 8 when we were sopposed to close at 9. SHe said somthing to the manager and he said it's not my problem and he should not have said that. He should of gave them free passes or at least explaided why they had to close early.

Okay, the 90's were considered by many to be the "Third Golden Age", at the the end of the other "Golden Ages", what happened? They ended, I think the turning point for parks in this Golden Age happened with 9-11. But amusement parks, like anything else go through cycles of good and bad. We are probably going to lose alot more parks. But it happens! Don't worry about what you cannot control. Most parks today will probably not be here in fifty years.

My predictions for park losses in the next fifty years:

1.Knott's Berry Farm

2.Paramount's Great America

3.Six Flags Magic Mountain

4.Belmont Park

5. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

6.The Adventuredome

7.Six Flags America

8.Enchanted Village, Wild Waves

9. Conneaut Lake

10. Frontier City

11. Sesame Place

12.Lakeside

13.Six Flags Elitch Gardens

14.Lagoon

15.All of what is left of Coney Island

16.The Great Escape

17.Six Flags Darien Lake

18. Cypress Gardens

19.Joyland

20.Legoland California

Thats all I can think of for now, all of these parks have fatal flaws somewhere and while I will miss them, alot of them are ghetto and/or crappy. But so what they aren't closing tomarrow and you don't worry about what you cannot control.