TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flying Fish at Thorpe Park

I like this "family" ride at Thorpe Park and was sad when they decided to remove it for "Stealth".

When the Park said the "fish" will return in 2007 I was very happy.

Anyone else happy to see this coaster return to TP..?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about scrap "X: No Way Out" and put the "Fish" back in the triangle, give it some cool lights from "Laservision" and call it "Space Station Zero Revenge

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the best and most fun coaster in the park. And soon it will return to be the best coaster in the park, that is assuming it still has lots of hedge choppers. If it is just out exposed then it will be rubbish and we'll have to settle for Stealth as the only half decent coaster in the park.

It was the best and most fun coaster in the park. And soon it will return to be the best coaster in the park, that is assuming it still has lots of hedge choppers. If it is just out exposed then it will be rubbish and we'll have to settle for Stealth as the only half decent coaster in the park.

Is this sarcasm?!?! The only time I've been to Thorpe was with TPR in June, so I never rode this, but really, can a basic powered family-coaster be better than Inferno or Colossus?! Neither of them are in my list of all-time favourites, but... Of course, if you were being sarcastic, my entire point is redundant and I apologise for it.

Where are they putting this when they bring it back?

The "Fish" started off as one of the 1st attractions at TP, I can remember riding it when it was undercover when I was younger.

Every time we went past the station and control room the lights in the docking bay changed colour from Red to Blue.

I do have a soft spot for it, even if it is "Mack" Kiddies ride.

The old timers always want the "Fish" to be part of TP history.

Tidel Wave is excellent, I wear full "wet gear" so I don't get 2 soaked, I might wear goggles next year, i

All the rides at TP are very good in their own way, we can't grumble with the transformation of the Park over the years.

Here's to a Woodie, Floorless or Flying coaster in the future.

Aparently they had some complaining guests when they found out it was gone, though i can't believe that a couple of hunderd complaints warrent a coaster being brought back, I spose it means they get a cheap year after Stealth.

I don't think it will be as good when it comes back, it was fun because of the hedges really, and with them gone, theres no point really.

Is this sarcasm?!?! The only time I've been to Thorpe was with TPR in June, so I never rode this, but really, can a basic powered family-coaster be better than Inferno or Colossus?! Neither of them are in my list of all-time favourites, but... Of course, if you were being sarcastic, my entire point is redundant and I apologise for it.

Nope I was being serious. Colossus is just plain rough and painful. The inline twists are nothing short of tediously dull. NI not a bad B&M inverter but nothing special. The Flying Fish on the other hand had something magical about it. It was great fun and so much more rerideable than the other coasters on offer. It was the hedge choppers that made it so I only hope it still has those or it will indeed be just a basic powered family coaster.

^ I HATED Colossus in the back, but eventually got a front-seat ride which somewhat improved my opinion. I enjoyed Inferno, although it doesn't stand up in my mind when I compare it to its sister. Still good fun though.

Sorry, not criticising your opinion, you're as entitled to yours as I am to mine, it just really surprised me!! Fair enough.

I skipped Flying Fish on my visit in 2002 when it was opened because the line for it was too long to redeem worth waiting for. I could take it or leave it, especially if it doesn't have the theming that it used to. At least they listen to guests though and will bring the ride back, unlike other parks that just let it sit in the boneyard for 10 years until the thing can't function anymore.

Sorry, not criticising your opinion, you're as entitled to yours as I am to mine, it just really surprised me!! Fair enough.

Indeed, be dull if everyone agreed. For me to highly rate a coaster it either has to be fun and highly re-rideable or extremely thrilling and re-rideable. The only coaster in the park that fits either of those is Flying Fish. NI in just Meh. Stealth comes close to being extremely thrilling but after many rides on TTD it lacks that certain something.

I think it's good that they are finally adding something new ish for the families as since becoming a thrill seeker park Thorpe has become Chav central, a few family attractions may bring back better clientele.

Well Derek, you say that but i think they were going to sell it but the deal fell through.

And from the concept art, not many hadge cutters around. They've also got an Orange train for it aparently, which aint too good. Last i heard the "theme" (If we can call what thorpe do theming!) will be based around cool surfer dudes, glad to see thorpe are in touch then...

Thorpe need this ride back. It's the only coaster there that kids can go on, all the others have a 1.4 metre (56") height limit, and even though the park is mainly aimed at teenagers/young adults, kids are still going to go there because they'll be with families, and they'll just stop going if there's not one roller coaster that they can ride.

I personally think its a goood thing its coming back but as the only thing being introduced next year its not that exciting. Although with the introduction of stealth and the proposal of another large scale coaster in the near future it might have been the only thing that they could afford and its better than having nothing what so ever being installed for next year.

Here's a picture i took at the end of last season of them clearing land for the ride, it shows exactly where the ride will be situated.

DSC02523.jpg.8262c2524f51accbcdd3a40730bb9286.jpg

Flying Fish

^^ Thats a great location with a great view of stealth exept it looks a bit... out of the way, I dont many people will know its there unless they went to the waterpark or saw it from the other side!

(You would think they'd clean the slide more )

Ever heard of a Park Map?