TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

Yeah, I've never seen TT that long. I've waited through (nearly) the entire indoor queue, but never had to be outside. I'm not really sure why they made new cars for TT though, at least design-wise. Seems like it would've been cheaper to just make new ones of the old model.

Excited about Japan though! That food looks delicious...

Yeah, I've never seen TT that long. I've waited through (nearly) the entire indoor queue, but never had to be outside. I'm not really sure why they made new cars for TT though, at least design-wise. Seems like it would've been cheaper to just make new ones of the old model.

Excited about Japan though! That food looks delicious...

They are actually the exact same car. It is simply a new wrap. When you ride in those cars, the screens still rarely work and the windshields are scratched.

Okay, that makes sense now, thanks. It's slightly disappointing, but it makes sense...

• 2 weeks later...

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2012/01/06/disney-and-general-motors-renew-alliance-continue-the-drive-to-create-magic-for-guests-at-a-re-imagined-test-track-experience-presented-by-chevrolet/

Disney and General Motors have renewed their long-term business relationship with a new multi-year corporate alliance.

As part of the new alliance, GM will be actively involved with Walt Disney Imagineering in the development of a re-imagined, design-centric Test Track experience. The refurbished Test Track will be presented by one of GM’s most famous brands, Chevrolet. As Chevrolet marks its 100th anniversary, the new alliance agreement enables General Motors to tell its story in new and exciting ways to millions of Guests from around the world and continue as the official vehicle sponsor of Walt Disney World Resort.

“We are excited to renew our long-term alliance with General Motors,” said George Aguel, Senior Vice President, Corporate Alliances for the Walt Disney Company. “This unique agreement extends collaboration between two of the most recognized brands in the world, a relationship that spans over 30 years. The re-imagined Test Track Presented by Chevrolet will continue our shared goal of providing unique and innovative experiences that engage Disney guests in exciting and interactive ways.” ”

“As a global brand, Chevrolet is looking forward to welcoming Guests from around the world to the re-imagined Test Track,” said Joel Ewanick, Global Chief Marketing Officer for General Motors. “The best of Disney and the best of Chevrolet will come together to bring Guests an immersive experience in the design process of the vehicles they see on the road today and will see in the future.”

Plans call for closing the current GM Test Track in April 2012, with an anticipated opening of Test Track Presented by Chevrolet scheduled for fall 2012.

As part of the re-imagining, the Future World attraction will feature a sleek new “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot” immersing Guests in the fascinating world of automotive design. Amid upbeat music, engaging media, dramatic lighting and a collection of Chevrolet concept cars and model vehicles, guests themselves will become automotive designers – and peer into the future of personal transportation in the process.

At interactive design and styling workstations, Guests will be able to create their own custom concept vehicles. The adventure will then shift into high gear as Guests buckle into their 6-person “SimCar” ride vehicle and put their design through its paces on the exhilarating hills, switchbacks and straight-aways of the Test Track circuit.

Their performance testing complete, Guests will move into a post-show area filled with special effects and be scored on how well their custom concept vehicle did. And of course, Guests will be able see the very latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new state-of-the-art showroom.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/re-imagined-test-track-will-put-guests-in-the-designers-seat-this-fall-at-epcot/

Beginning this fall, Epcot guests will be able to enjoy a re-imagined version of the popular Future World attraction, Test Track presented by Chevrolet.

This new version of the attraction will transform the current testing workshop into the sleek “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot,” where guests can become immersed in the fun – and fast – world of automotive design. Here, guests will become automotive designers and create their own custom vehicles. Next, they’ll buckle into a six-person SimCar ride vehicle and test out their design on the challenging track of the Test Track course.

Afterward, guests can take a fascinating look into the future of transportation by viewing a collection of the latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new showroom.

This fun new experience is the result of a renewed, multi-year business relationship between Disney and General Motors, companies that have worked together for more than 30 years.

tte031399LARGE.jpg.9ce4846b7310a84c795a948dc5aa2692.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Does this mean that each ride experience will be slightly different depending on the choices made in the "design" portion? That would be fantastically cool.

^^ lol, chevy has had their hand in disney's cookie jar for a long time. they are just reclaiming their name in the business with a few exceptions, all the disney company vehicles that are owned are disney. (there is a mercedes and a bmw runnin around somewhere though)

The ride is supposed to go down the day after easter and be closed till the 100th anniversary of chevy at the latest. The imagineers have something good cooked up with this one though they have already started testing things out with the cue line and wait times.

The ride should be the same as before, there should not be a difference in the track as far as CM's have been told

Its rumored that they are going to be covering the outdoor portion of the track to allow the attraction to be more weather friendly.

I'm guessing it'll be a choose your own adventure type thing with a group. I doubt it'll be a "one person in charge" kind of thing, I'm assuming more of a, choose this line for these features, ect. Or something a long those lines, so you and your group can learn how the customization of the Chevy lines work. If it is like the "One person in charge" kind of thing, I bet it'll be something along the lines of Spaceship Earth.

Just my thoughts.