TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 118: Guardians Cosmic Rewind opening May 27th!

Epcot's Food & Wine Festival is an event that needs no introduction. It's been running for years now and it is not only a fan-favorite event at Epcot but also a park staple through the late summer and fall months. This years event runs August 30 - November 12, 2018, and oh look what today's date is? That's right, it's OPENING DAY of Food & Wine and of course we wouldn't miss it! This is our favorite fall theme park event and quite possibly maybe hands down our favorite theme park event of all-time. It's THAT good!

Let's share a few photos with you all...

Dl2xh_AVsAAzgHQ.jpg

Yay! This is pretty much the event at Epcot we wait all year for. As much as we really DO like Flower & Garden and even the new Art Festival was AMAZING, when Food & Wine is going on at Epcot, everything just seems right in the world.

Dl2xiAQUYAEUzuY.jpg

We've got our passport in hand...

Dl2xiAMU0AAb-da.jpg

We are here right at the opening of the event...

Dl2xh_DUYAATNPk.jpg

And we're ready to try some old favorites and new items!

Dl25-zMUUAAjTQP.jpg

Elissa's first stop was in China. I'm sure none of you are shocked by that!

Dl25-x-VsAYIKn_.jpg

The "Potstickers" that have been around Food & Wine as long as we can remember have a new name and a slightly different presentation this year....

Dl25-zNV4AEDrU9.jpg

But Elissa is happy to report that they are the same delicious potstickers, now known as dumplings, as previous years but with a little bit of extra on top!

IMG_4580.thumb.JPG.c7cc3fb866cf083fed257ca106562d79.JPGFor me, I have started the last several Food & Wine events with a Pork Slider from Hawaii. Why break tradition?

Dl3FdT5U0AAg53-.jpg

The Hops & Barley menu has a few new items on it this year...

Dl3FdSxV4AEnY3o.jpg

Dallas is trying out the Brunswick Slider.

IMG_4601.thumb.JPG.304b63103e6e1b6ce87207a1a0ca66fd.JPGThis was absoultely amazing! And yes, those are jalapeños and they were wonderful!

Dl3FdT5UUAAU7b1.jpg

Lobster Roll, anyone?

Dl3NkR9UcAAkkWQ.jpg

Remi's scavenger hunt is back again this year and it's great for kids to do while the adults...um.... DRINK!

Dl3NkTLU8AADX7K.jpg

Find all the locations where Remi is hiding around the park!

Here's a quick look at several of the menus from Food & Wine!

giphy.gif

(I told you it would be quick!)

Dl21S_0VsAAt_Ws.jpg

Just a little bit of the merchandise this year...

Dl21S-mU0AADXY9.jpg

One of the T-Shirts...

IMG_4587.thumb.JPG.0dcdbb56beba210efb0db6b83a0ccc17.JPGAnd of course there is a Magic Band!

Dl3hgPIUYAAqdBw.jpg

Morocco is another of our personal favorites...

Dl3hgPIU4AAKWRb.jpg

The "Hummus Fries" showed up at Food & Wine a few years ago now and we are happy they have stayed! Another one of our "must have" foods of the event!

Dl3hgN2UYAA_-Ov.jpg

ProTip! You can also get them year round at Spice Road Table in Epcot!

Dl3mB9xV4AAHX60.jpg

The "Light Lab" is like Bill Nye meets culinary and alcohol experts! Some interesting stuff happens in here...

Dl3mB9xUYAAAuDo.jpg

These beakers are really cool!

Dl3mB9wV4AAxrQo.jpg

I guess there is a science behind Boba Pearls!

Dl3y-WrU4AA_6Il.jpg

Only way to make Disney food even better? Make cute plushies out of it!

IMG_1381.thumb.JPG.72075b1f493b8efdc6b69d1d53dd20b8.JPGAfrica has another item on our "must have" list year after year...

IMG_4607.thumb.JPG.94a6021eb29875cab9f4e3b7fd9b03d6.JPGThe Beef Tenderloin Tips is another returning favorite! Full of flavor and a bit of spice!

IMG_4576.thumb.JPG.26849af0a3e4ce26dd4d7756df9c7eb1.JPGWe did make sure to stop into the Festival Center to get our "Passholder Magnet!" It has Chef Mickey this year!

IMG_1435.thumb.JPG.bb2e52bd6a2112f5e3f4c46232774d1b.JPGWhile the event is called "Food & Wine" we seem to more often pair it as "Food & Beer!" (And yes that is another Pork Slider!)

IMG_1414.thumb.JPG.10a75977eda2c7048566d3658d2f29cb.JPGMmm.... Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon from Canada!

Dl4I8EmU8AA-UkB.jpg

There there was quite a lot of "food" to be had today!

Dl4I8EoUYAEbB3X.jpg

And maybe even a bit of trying on some new clothes (Minnie Ears count as clothes, right???)

IMG_1404.thumb.JPG.12450d40460ff6e1976d2106613b2576.JPGOne of Sarah's favorites in the Cheese Bread in Brazil!

IMG_1397.thumb.JPG.10efd755cd139cb119af7f0e60e824c5.JPGJapan had a new "Chicken Bun" this year, and we recommend because... JAPAN!

IMG_4565.thumb.JPG.2d9bc39ab17360d37d23ba9c0f953276.JPGAnd that wraps up our first day at Food & Wine! Don't worry... we'll have many, many, MANY more days back at this event and lots of pictures to post!

Be sure to also follow along on our Twitter and Instagram/InstaStory as that is where we do a lot of our live updates from Orlando parks!

Thanks for reading everyone! (Now post your comments!)

Calico System.nltrack

that Remy shirt is adorable. . but the shoulder ruffles mark it as a ladies shirt only . . do they have it in Men's too?

as usual, the food all looks delicious!

and it looks like a beautiful day (tho I do see the raindrops and umbrellas in the background of some pics. . but it IS Florida), so y'all appear to have had a great time.

thanks for the pics.

Those hummus fries look incredible...but then again, so does all of the other food.

Thanks for sharing, Robb!

I find this time of year to be bittersweet as the area that I live in is winding down the summer and theme park season (f%ck winter - lol). But at the same time, all of the new ride announcements are coming out for 2019...and Food & Wine reports are here!

Edited by Philrad71

Great report! Thanks for sharing.

I'm going there with a group of Virginia friends later this month, and they're most intrigued by the Belgium booth--must be the waffles!

Who wouldn't be?

I am curious to know if they are just as good as the original ones we have over here. Guess I'll have to find out myself in a few years time.

I can't believe we're actually planning to do EPCOT and this Festival in.....6 years???

Too - damn - far away - in time.

p.s. Everything edible and drinkable I see here for this year..... OOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGyum.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this show... but its time has come. Looking forward to what they replace it with! I mean, just think about what replaced Wishes! OMG! I can't wait to see what they do with a "New Illuminations!!!"

All-New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular to Replace ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ as Part of the Transformation of Epcot

ILL453068FI.jpg

After nearly 20 years of delighting Epcot guests through music, fireworks, fire torches and more, we wanted to let you know that “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will be ending in the second half of next year. The Disney Parks Live Entertainment team is already busy creating new thrills to debut immediately following the conclusion of “IllumiNations,” continuing the tradition of nightly entertainment on the World Showcase Lagoon.

“IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which is currently planned to run to the end of summer 2019, has entertained millions of guests gathered around World Showcase Lagoon sharing the light and a story since it debuted in October 1999 as part of the Walt Disney World Millennium Celebration. During the coming year, we’ll be celebrating this classic show, so you still have plenty of time to experience it again and again, as excitement builds for what’s next.

As regular readers know, we’ve got big plans for our multi-year transformation of Epcot, with new experiences that will “Wow!” guests while keeping true to the original vision of the park. And the all-new nighttime fireworks spectacular coming to Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon will be part of the park’s exciting evolution.

The new show joins several previously announced experiences coming to Epcot, including the highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster attraction, a “Ratatouille”-inspired attraction in World Showcase, a new table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE and much more!

Edited by robbalvey

^^ Aw man I wish I had known that before leaving the resort. I think I should be back at least one more time next year before it goes fortunately.

I loved Illuminations in it's current form, but I've always enjoyed Disney's night spectaculars so I trust they'll deliver something good.

It's really time for IllumiNations to have its sunset. Epcot has had an industry awarding show for a decade and a half so hopefully this is a challenge to master something even better. It's been almost 20 years for Illuminations though. Time to say goodbye.

NOOOO!!! This is easily my favorite nighttime show ever. I'm excited to see what Disney will bring to the table, but this is really sad to me. So many memories from watching this show.

You're obviously not old enough to remember the previous versions of the show, but if you makes you feel any better, every time they updated it, the show just got better than better and better!

Who remembers the version where they would "spotlight" each country, and all the spotlights around World Showcase would rapidly come together to highlight a certain country? That was a cool effect!

This version will have been around 20 years when it leaves, which is probably 10 years longer than it should have run. Illuminations is by far Disney's biggest night time show so I have no doubt the next version will be nothing sort of mind blowing!

NOOOO!!! This is easily my favorite nighttime show ever. I'm excited to see what Disney will bring to the table, but this is really sad to me. So many memories from watching this show.

Who remembers the version where they would "spotlight" each country, and all the spotlights around World Showcase would rapidly come together to highlight a certain country? That was a cool effect!

I remember that and was so disappointed when they quit doing it.

All in all, I am disappointed to see it go, but am excited to see what Disney has in store. Something tells me we won't be disappointed with the new

I loved Illuminations during my visit, but 20 years is a long time for the same show. I'm very excited to see what they will do with the new show! Although I will probably not watch any videos of it so that whenever I have my next visit I get to see it in person for the first time. I still haven't watched any videos of the show that replaced Wishes for the same reason...

More fire barge, less boring globe!

The show is great, but has definitely run its course. With all the advancements in projections, lighting, sound, and pyrotechnic technology since the show first debuted, the replacement is sure to be incredible.

I was actually slightly disappointed in the show when I finally got to see it. I'd fallen in love with the soundtrack back in 2000 when my music teacher had played it for us; I didn't get to see the show until 11 years later. So I'd built up all this grandeur and magic in my head while listening to the CD over and over, to the point that when I finally saw the show, I wasn't as impressed by it as I'd hoped.

So I definitely look forward to seeing what comes next! Not just visually, but also musically! Because the IllumiNations soundtrack is one of my all-time favorite albums!

I am beyond sad to see this show go. It was my all time favorite theme park firework show. That being said, I am VERY thankful that we were already planning a trip to WDW for next summer, so I'll at least get to see it one last time! After that, I am beyond thrilled to see what Disney replaces it with. It was an amazing show no doubt... But it is time for an update.

Sad that it's leaving, glad I get to see it one last time, can't wait to see what replaces it!

I just watched it again today. I love the show, but really...

First three minutes... AMAZING! Fire barge! YESSSS!!!

Next five minutes.... Zzzzzzzz

Show finale... AMAZING!!! And here is that finale for you...

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Honestly, the show is great, but it really feels "tired" in that so much technology has advanced in 20 years for being able to put together a really EPIC nighttime show.

I freaking love Illuminations, love absolutely everything about it, but it is a little dated so I'm excited to see what they have in store.

Seem like according to the press release (or some other source I don't remember) there's a pretty quick turnaround from the time the current show ends and the new one begins, which makes me wonder if they're gonna re-use some elements of the current show like the inferno barge or the pyro locations around the lagoon.