TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

And now, for something completely different...

How about that support 'thing' for the "star jet"(?), now sitting in front of "Guardians...."?

I am really hoping they do something "mirror-like" in the (final?) finishing of it. Or .....?

It's so obvious, holding the ship up. But hopefully, they have something else planned, beyond what we're seeing. 🙂

P.S. This has nothing to do with the actual attraction itself. I am sooooo looking forward to riding this baby, woo hoo!

Today I was so deep into my boredom that I was killing time by fartin' around on Imgur and I came across a rather, shall we say, interesting looking building plan.  Now, I'm no expert, but this sure seems to match a certain construction site in Epcot and if, IF this is what I think it is, then hot damn, I see a significant portion of the layout in the Universe Of Energy building, seemingly dark ride-ish.  Possibly multiple endings?  I don't know.  I do know, though, that the top portion of the building is unquestionably a transfer track area.  I wish the resolution was better than potato-cam.

dRaSF2n.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

Today I was so deep into my boredom that I was killing time by fartin' around on Imgur and I came across a rather, shall we say, interesting looking building plan.  Now, I'm no expert, but this sure seems to match a certain construction site in Epcot and if, IF this is what I think it is, then hot damn, I see a significant portion of the layout in the Universe Of Energy building, seemingly dark ride-ish.  Possibly multiple endings?  I don't know.  I do know, though, that the top portion of the building is unquestionably a transfer track area.  I wish the resolution was better than potato-cam.

dRaSF2n.png

You can get more of them and in better resolution from a certain WDW news site if you google Project Sausalito. 

10 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

dRaSF2n.png

Yup there’s definitely transfer tracks up north. It looks to be a dual loading station because the track branches in two different places before and after the station, which is in the middle. So I definitely think there will be some storytelling in this building before and after the action. 

Queue and preshow rooms are towards the left of the building after you enter the front.

Maintenance and riser rooms are to the right, which makes sense as the launch tunnel is that way too. 

There’s some images floating around online and a recent Good Morning America tour of the show building.  It’s a massive attraction.

I can’t wait!

• 2 weeks later...

^It looks 'basic' as queues go, but the whole loading station looks really great,

with the theming that it has, and with the coaster trains there, lined up for their 'journeys into space'.

Am soooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to this, on a future WDW trip!

Now, after watching "video rumors" here and there...... I will be "totally looking forward" to a Columbia Pavilion 

in EPCOT's World Showcase, with an attraction based on "Encanto: La Casita"...  😉

Could happen, yes? No? But "we won't talk about It, no, no, no...." 🎶

(THIS IS ALL BASED ON CURRENT UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS..)

Encanto2021.png.e2115626952bd4602a72c448177b232f.png

A different kind of "Haunted Mansion." 🎵

• Like 1

I've always been disappointed that they've taken such a complacent approach with World Showcase. Still a good bit of real estate to work with back there to squeeze in a few more countries. With attendance rising across all parks, it seems totally necessary. I know they've expanded some existing pavilions but still.

^ I was thinking, that with how "the house" is set up (with a inner courtyard and all the 'doors' up above, one level?), maybe doing the Omnimover route might be best for this, if it was ever built. And - I like the way that the "cardboard boxes" Omnimover in the Universal Pets' "Off The Leash" attraction were spaced farther apart than the Disney parks Omnimovers. Maybe if they take away two vehicles between two (that make sense?) all the way, it might prove to be a better experience, than the riders seeing that long, ongoing never ending line of Omnimover cars ahead of them.

Just my thoughts on it..

498690966_USH-OfftheLeash02.png.d1e2767d6efdcdd85ece0f869b56cc2c.png

Universal Hollywood's "Pets: Off The Leash" Omnimover system. Photo from Theme Park Insider.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Disney has announced that Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind will open on May 27!

image.thumb.png.a05d9dceaa444125cbfd22e66cdc5ed2.png

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-opens-may-27-at-epcot/

Well plant me in the ground and call me Groot, cause Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is set to officially debut May 27 at EPCOT!

What do we already know about this awesome new family-thrill coaster attraction at Walt Disney World Resort? Well, we know people from the planet Xandar are coming to Earth and creating the first “other-world” showcase at EPCOT – the Wonders of Xandar pavilion. We know we’ll learn more about their technology and culture as we move through the pavilion, and discover how our two worlds are similar in so many ways.

--

The Guardians of the Galaxy are on their way to EPCOT, and we better be ready for an intergalactic chase through time and space. It all begins May 27 when Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind releases its awesome mixtape of an attraction to the world. This is another big, magical moment in the transformation of EPCOT and the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration currently underway, which we’ve been covering here on the Disney Parks Blog. Be sure to keep following along as we prep to save the galaxy with the Guardians. Until then … I am Groot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

Here's hoping for a late April soft opening. And if not, I'm likely going back in November/December anyways.

There's confirmed Passholder and DVC previews if youre one of those

This attraction looks awesome, I'm sure it won't be as good of a "coaster" as Velocicoater or Iron Gwazi but I have a feeling this thing is going to take the fully immersive themed coaster experience to another level simply based on the sheer size and scope of the attraction. I mean with Guardians of the Galaxy there's no way it isn't atleast going to be really fun.

Can't wait to check this thing out, probably sometime in like 2024, but still can't wait.

Interesting to see fully grown Groot in the advert since that will place it somewhere around before the climax of the first movie. I assumed it would  have been set around the same time frame as Mission: Breakout to keep Gamora in it and so they could include Baby Groot and sell a ton of merchandise with him on it.