TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

4 minutes ago, KIEnthusiast said:

Just because it makes money doesn't mean it's good.

Just because you don’t think it is good, it doesn’t mean the rest of the visiting majority agrees with your opinion. But I guess that’s the beauty of numbers... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the numbers will speak for the masses, vocal or not as they may be.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, KIEnthusiast said:

Does it make you think? No. Who cares if it’s fun. If it’s in EPCOT, it has to inspire you and make you think. It’s based on superhero “movies”,  so how will the ride make you think and inspire you?

Does Nemo make you think?  Soarin'? Frozen?

Your argument has been invalid for well over a decade.

EDIT - After seeing your other responses I honestly don't know if you truly believe what you're saying and are therefore silly beyond reality, or you're just trolling.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Walt Disney World has announced today that Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will open Oct 1st, 2021! Yay! Here's a ride through of the attraction in Paris to get you ready for this new Epcot experience!

• Like 2

^^ Yay, great stuff! I am still wondering if there's any little addition or change to any of the scenes, etc. for this version? There's no restaurant beside the exit (with viewing windows), but whatever they figure out,  will be interesting to see. 🐭

P.S. All the times we/I went on the Paris version, we went into the right dome for the "1st scene". There are two of them, opposite each other.. But I never saw how they dealt with the "right exit" from the other dome, and what was on the screen. Neat that you got to see/film it, and that they obviously took that into consideration with how both dome scenes would work, in exiting into the pantry.

SPOILER ALERT! 💈

ratatouilleWDS50.thumb.jpg.1bdaeb657d27b36ea6bc580edc8c4946.jpg

Dome, dome de dome! How the Paris version layout goes, with the "1st Scene" domes. After ZONE MANEGE 4.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It's that time of year again.... well, actually it's an EARLIER "that time of year again!"  That's right... Epcot's Food & Wine Festival has officially begun NOW... in July!!!  This is the earliest the event has ever started and it will run until November 20th, 2021.  I don't think I need to explain what the event is as it's been going on for well over 20 years now, but in case you have been living under a rock, in a cave, or simply just don't visit Disney parks because you're a die-hard roller coaster nerd and Epcot doesn't have any roller coasters (yet), it's a event where there is lots of food... lots of wine... and lots of beer!

Today we are going to focus on some food...

IMG_4564.thumb.jpeg.09f5c2dcc4431dc2ec45cb85c72f3031.jpeg

Yep!  Today's the starting day for Epcot's Food & Wine Festival!  The earliest it is ever started in the history of the planet!

IMG_4560.thumb.jpg.a2d45d46ab222615fd61bdf3eae84086.jpg

We are looking forward to Chicken Potstickers, Pork Sliders, and trying out a few new items!

IMG_8177.thumb.jpeg.b1da67a17e562d0589c6d321781ec927.jpeg

Our first stop was something NEW!

501D4B6A-984A-430E-927D-3A34E26B38D9.thumb.JPG.8b5e2799ae39f8ad9c9bd3c68e6a5f72.JPG

Soy glazed ribs were most certainly a WIN!

IMG_4598.thumb.jpeg.bf954b3c7398fd7a3bde1cd4f34ee78e.jpeg

However Elissa looks a bit worried trying the Chicken Potstickers this year....

IMG_4596.thumb.jpeg.394b96f5a84154762a61db91d01d4228.jpeg

So it finally happened... After 20 years of having the same "tried and true" Potstickers at the China booth, the have now changed the sauce.  Elissa says "it wasn't BAD, it just wasn't a change for the better, and the new sauce has a lot less flavor that the old one."

IMG_4607.thumb.jpeg.2e710bcf8cdfd09256360e721b08c8ed.jpeg

To soften that blow, we made a stop at a new year-round location in italy!

IMG_4609.thumb.jpeg.34b39a520da668522dcd4d44e3118dcb.jpeg

You can now get the Zeppole's that have been served at Via Napoli for years at this quick service restaurant, and they are AMAZING!!!

IMG_4574.thumb.jpeg.4047331ec56c7e67ebbfe701fbbb20b9.jpeg

It certainly was busy for the first day of Food & Wine!

E46E2589-8312-4AAD-8054-79056DBED5E6.thumb.JPEG.0033c77ca3eaea067bf9b010b0c89d88.JPEG

But I can't not get the Hawaiian Pork Slider!  Still one of my favorite items!

IMG_4615.thumb.jpeg.04426f0e1b720db91eec524c0c1a36ac.jpeg

We love that the American Adventure Rotunda is now being used as not only a new food location, but also an indoor air conditioned eating area!  This is IMPORTANT when the event now starts in July!

IMG_4621.thumb.jpeg.62dc2fa6578220fb114925fbf69cfbc2.jpeg

Giving the Falafel Pita a try in Morocco... 

IMG_4630.thumb.jpeg.b2a0caf29d0422b42eabc91cf995cfd5.jpeg

And interesting to see this come back to Canada...

IMG_4631.thumb.jpeg.31cfd26a6e4da95cf835b9bffb8b1f88.jpeg

Last year with COVID, the Circlevision movie was transformed into a food booth & eating area because it was an "indoor attraction" that couldn't be used, but this year they've decided to close the attraction from July - November to bring back this food booth!

IMG_4644.thumb.jpeg.b313c18155a6c50ba8bf3912fb4dc8f0.jpeg

However we opted for the fillet from the outdoor Canada booth!

IMG_4638.thumb.jpeg.13107c228c2cf17d476a502dacba9843.jpegIMG_4642.thumb.jpeg.570a0f166d7ed51d515917276005525a.jpeg

And YES! It's another "Fish Free Year" in Canada (thank you) and they bought back two of our favorites!  The fillet and the Cheddar Cheese Soup!

IMG_4662.thumb.jpeg.ebbe34c42a2388d1c944317e05254b62.jpeg

Trying out some of the wings at the new "Wings & Beer" place that is located inside the Odyssey Restaurant.

IMG_4586.thumb.jpeg.aa3405495b756a488fa440cabf5dbfe7.jpegIMG_4618.thumb.jpeg.9a0af14e08a481627b74b71ea76d7d60.jpeg

As always, it's great running into TPR Friends while visiting the parks!

IMG_4692.thumb.JPG.2577af2b4bae15034e9dbb8afa3f5510.JPG

And guess what? Single Rider Lines are BACK! So a ride on Test Track it is!

IMG_4673.thumb.jpeg.6aae547b497264d2018a28eca8fee351.jpeg

We only ended up waiting about five minutes in the Single Rider Line!

IMG_4679.thumb.jpeg.1d7ca28765af0d3a5ff2799662d0747a.jpeg

And I loved that I was able to use my "custom car" again, too!

IMG_4688.thumb.JPG.3adbddad9a8168384ba2561de5828fb5.JPG

Yay!  Was great ending our first visit to Food & Wine on still the FASTEST RIDE at any Disney park!  

Thanks for reading everyone!

• Like 4

Thanks for the report! I personally am not a fan of them closing the Canada movie... it’s recently refreshed and to me, it’s an opportunity to replace something that’s “free” with an additional “pay” option. Not a huge deal but that’s just my view.

I’m missing some of these tasty bites right about now!

• 2 weeks later...

Walt Disney World has put out fresh new details about EPCOT's new Harmonious nighttime spectacular!

image.thumb.png.35ce56592bb8ceb20b6e9cdf37eeaaec.png

‘Harmonious’ Will Tell a Story of Global Connection When it Debuts October 1 at EPCOT as Part of ‘The World’s Most Magical Celebration’

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/07/harmonious-will-tell-a-story-of-global-connection-when-it-debuts-october-1-at-epcot-as-part-of-the-worlds-most-magical-celebration/

We’re just a little more than two months from the next major milestone in the transformation of EPCOT, the debut of “Harmonious,” the new nighttime spectacular that is one of the largest ever created for a Disney park and unlike anything that’s been seen before.

“Harmonious” illuminates our shared humanity, bringing to life the vision of EPCOT through a celebration of our world and its promise. Over the years, cultures from around the world have provided inspiration for Disney films and music. In “Harmonious,” a global community of musical artists has come together and reinterpreted those familiar stories and songs in their own voice, honoring their respective cultures. Collectively, they contribute to a unique experience that could only happen at EPCOT, a place where the impossible becomes possible through the power of human imagination and the magic of Disney.

The show moves through three distinct chapters, inviting us to gather on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon, celebrate the countries and cultures of the world, and ultimately unite to create a bright tomorrow. “Harmonious” begins with a sunrise, and as the world awakens around us, we set out on a journey that takes us across the globe. It’s a dazzling and diverse feast for the eyes and ears, from the South Pacific home of “Moana” and a Middle-Eastern interpretation of “Aladdin” to “The Jungle Book” in India, China’s legend of “Mulan,” the European nations that inspired “Brave” and “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” and so much more.

Here’s a first look at how this stunning spectacle is coming together, as teams from Disney Live Entertainment and Walt Disney Imagineering continue working to get “Harmonious” ready for opening night.

“Harmonious” will make its grand debut on October 1 as part of the launch of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” marking the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Be sure to check Disney Parks Blog regularly for updates on “Harmonious” and the celebration as the big day draws nearer!

• Like 1

Hot damn!  Now there's some quality footage!  TAIT was kicking ass and taking names to design and build those barges, my hat is off to their engineers.

Kinda pissed about the lack of flamethrowers, though...

• 3 weeks later...

Walt Disney World has announced that the Space 220 restaurant at EPCOT will be opening in mid-September! They have also released a sneak peek about the music that will be featured in the new nighttime spectacular 'Harmonious,' which will debut at EPCOT on October 1st, 2021!

image.thumb.png.57005e4148b266ed6596a767a01d9a50.png

Space 220 Restaurant Lifts Off at EPCOT in September

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/08/space-220-restaurant-lifts-off-at-epcot-in-september/

Are you ready for an out-of-this-world dining experience at EPCOT?  Then prepare for liftoff, because Space 220 restaurant at EPCOT is scheduled to begin service in mid-September… another milestone in the transformation of EPCOT underway at Walt Disney World Resort.

image.png.1496fff1a16336253e4ad227cb71dc80.png

image.thumb.png.e68b68bd612f6eb27ceae9d680363287.png

The Space 220 restaurant is located adjacent to the Mission: SPACE attraction, and takes fine dining to a whole new level.  Your immersive experience begins as you check in to the Space 220 Departure Lounge in Future World.  From here, you’ll board one of two “Space Elevators” that will transport you in what seems like 220 miles above Earth to Centauri Space Station.  As you begin your ascent, you’ll look down through a viewport to see EPCOT shrink away; looking up you’ll see the Space Station come into view.

Once you’ve docked, you’ll head through the Centauri Space Station-themed dining area. Inside the dining area, you’ll experience a panoramic view of Earth below, and a variety of work and leisure activities taking place beyond the windows of the Space Station-themed restaurant. 

And the views are just part of the experience. Our Disney Imagineers are excited to have created this experience for Executive Chef Marc Kusche to showcase his culinary wonders. The Space 220 restaurant menu will feature stellar dishes and gourmet recipes, with a two-course prix fixe menu for lunch, and a three-course prix fixe menu for dinner. The upscale, contemporary fare will bring new meaning to “the height of dining!” Rounding out the meal will be unique beverages – from fine wine to atmospheric cocktails and more.

'Harmonious' Brings to EPCOT a Global Ensemble of Musical Artists from Around the World 

hme029834509283502984098234fi.thumb.jpeg.9f31ad64a8259eaf43e6dd813fc445f1.jpeg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/08/harmonious-brings-to-epcot-a-global-ensemble-of-musical-artists-from-around-the-world/

Music is at the heart of any celebration. It can bring the world together across boundaries and borders, and Disney music is recognized no matter where you are in the world. It touches people’s lives through powerful melodies and memorable lyrics that are inspiring and moving in any language. “Harmonious,” the all-new nighttime spectacular coming to EPCOT, celebrates the music of Disney and its ability to unite us all, bridging cultures and generations to unlock the magic of possibility.

The soundtrack for “Harmonious” was produced remotely through more than 100 separate recording sessions in nine different countries and five states. In total, nearly 240 musicians, artists, composers, arrangers, cultural consultants, and vocalists contributed to the unique and wholly authentic sound of the show. 

“Harmonious” takes us on a journey through new interpretations of familiar Disney songs, performed in more than a dozen languages by a cast of talented singers from around the world. Some are recognizable names, either in the United States or their home country, while others are rising stars being heard by a global audience for the first time. 

Award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” joins Mexican singer-songwriter Joy for a rousing, pan-Latin version of songs from “Coco” and “Saludos Amigos.” A fresh and vibrant arrangement of “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary Gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard, and musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book,” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara, and Sanaa Marahati.

The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu. We also hear a duet with French pop singer Damien Sargue, belting “Out There” from Disney’s “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” and the music of Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” gets a Celtic kick from the dueling violins of Grammy and Emmy-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist, and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.

Here’s a look at some of the amazing work that went on behind the scenes to create the music of “Harmonious.”

“Harmonious” opens with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules,” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time Grammy nominee Danny Gokey and vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb. The show builds to a finale that unites everyone around World Showcase and from around the world, as many of the musical artists come together to perform a poignant and powerful song, bringing “Harmonious” to an emotional close. 

Throughout the soundtrack, there’s also a musical motif in the form of the soaring melody of composer Pinar Toprak’s new EPCOT anthem, and all these diverse pieces of music are artfully woven together by arranger Mark Hammond and Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Music Producer and Creative Director Yaron Spiwak. The resulting ensemble is a magnificent cultural symphony unlike anything heard before.

“Harmonious,” one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park and a key milestone in the transformation of EPCOT, is set to open October 1 as part of the celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary. Keep reading Disney Parks Blog for regular updates on “Harmonious” and The World’s Most Magical Celebration!

• Like 1

Seeing the video of Harmonious actually makes me less excited for it 🤔 I know it's just a sneak peek though and there's nothing quite like being there.

I'm excited for the restaurant too. The projection technology they are using looks pretty amazing.

I want to say that a space-themed restaurant was part of the original plans for what became Mission: Space, and I always lamented its axing. Nice to see it finally happening!

The "220" bit really confuses my brain, though, which keeps trying to read it as "2020."

On 8/13/2021 at 2:32 PM, Electerik said:

I want to say that a space-themed restaurant was part of the original plans for what became Mission: Space, and I always lamented its axing. Nice to see it finally happening!

The "220" bit really confuses my brain, though, which keeps trying to read it as "2020."

I share your puzzlement.

1 hour ago, cfc said:

I share your puzzlement.

is it not supposed to be in the International Space Station?

(which is in orbit 220 miles above the Earth)?

at least that's what I thought the name is supposed to be referencing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/good-morningfrom-220-miles-above-the-earth/

On 8/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, bert425 said:

is it not supposed to be in the International Space Station?

(which is in orbit 220 miles above the Earth)?

at least that's what I thought the name is supposed to be referencing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/good-morningfrom-220-miles-above-the-earth/

Yes, I'm sure it is. But that doesn't stop me from reading it wrong!

This reminds me of a joke I made up and that is only funny to me:

Q: What's the hardest name to spell?

A: Eric

• Like 1