TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

Looks like Trump just extended the ban on many visa's into the country including the two most commonly used ones for Epcot international Program.

The one used for Epcot isnt affected...

^Really? Cause I see the J-1 and H2-B's were all stopped and I know that's what some of the internationals had.

There's probably a bunch of J1's too but they should be mostly Q's. The Q is called the Disney visa for that reason. J's might be international CP students or other interns/workers that arent specifically cultural in nature. Shouldnt be any H2B's because thats for agricultural workers (I work for a government agency that does immigration work). If WDW wants an exception, theyll get it. Money talks of course. UPS and FedEx get similar preferential treatment at their international facilities because they pay the salary of the officers dedicated to their needs, similar to businesses paying local PD's overtime for traffic control or security.

• 3 months later...

Disney has announced that the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is happening starting on January 8th, 2021!

hjbgvty76yui43re.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/10/grab-your-paintbrush-taste-of-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts-begins-jan-8-2021/?fbclid=IwAR2lnqqMEDJ2-onSMVvmBvArWPz9fdv_0aHD3D8zRnMXeo12YpYe6GKwEf8

Grab Your Paintbrush! Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Begins Jan. 8, 2021

A global celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts is on its way to Walt Disney World Resort early next year, as the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is set for Jan. 8 – Feb. 22, 2021. And even more good news: If you’re planning to attend the festival, there is a special offer on stays at Disney Resort hotels in early 2021, inviting you to be fully immersed in The Most Magical Place on Earth!

The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts offers fun for the whole family. Here is just a sketch of what you can expect when the event debuts in January:

• Indulge in over 15 Food Studios serving culinary art all around World Showcase
  • Explore and purchase the brilliant and diverse work of Disney and other invited artists on display in marketplaces encircling World Showcase Lagoon
  • Step into the scene at special photo locations scattered around the park
  • Participate in a paint-by-number mural that serves as a collaborative art project for all
  • Watch as visiting artists create magic right before your eyes
  • Catch performances by favorite EPCOT musical artists Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors.
  • Join an artful scavenger hunt as you search for Figment around World Showcase
  • Shop for festival-exclusive merchandise

We’ll have more details on the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts in the weeks and months to come, so keep your eyes on the Disney Parks Blog for more info.

It has been announced that this year EPCOT will host the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth from November 27th - December 30th, 2020. 

1624172226_foh29384293487294872fi(1).thumb.jpg.b689e223e790b19514a4b3a0a45efd1f.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/10/celebrate-the-season-with-the-taste-of-epcot-international-festival-of-the-holidays-presented-by-adventhealth-nov-27-dec-30-2020/

Looking for sights, sounds and flavors from holiday festivities around the world this year? Then be sure to check out the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth, taking place Nov. 27-Dec. 30, 2020 at Walt Disney World Resort. This magical event will feature delicious food, fun activities for the whole family and the chance to see some Disney characters in their holiday finest. 

At this year’s festival, enjoy a global celebration of seasonal cuisine at the Holiday Kitchens, located throughout World Showcase, including three kitchens inside World ShowPlace Events Pavilion. Indulge in festival favorites like the slow-roasted turkey from the American Holiday Table, pork schnitzel at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen or the beef bourguignon from the Yukon Holiday Kitchen. 

yuhgt7y342132.thumb.jpg.555f91087fd0ddbda58cde445977476d.jpg

foh0239488475928347203.thumb.jpg.3f8d67436f3eea59128119eccfbba91e.jpg

foh2039402934820498234.thumb.jpg.546b80c9abdc858e3a5aeb7e2bdd16a8.jpg

As you sip, savor and sample your way through the Holiday Kitchens, you may spot some of your favorite characters – dressed in their holiday best – traveling through World Showcase to spread holiday cheer. Keep an eye out for Queen Anna and Elsa in the “Frozen Holiday Promenade,” and Mickey Mouse and his pals making merry on the “Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour.” And we can’t forget about Santa Claus! When Santa visits EPCOT during this festive time of year, he’ll take a grand horse-drawn tour around World Showcase, calling out happy holiday wishes to all.

When you need a break from your jolly jaunts, be sure to visit America Gardens Theatre to enjoy the sounds of the season from Voices of Liberty, who will share favorite carols through their incredible harmonies. Mariachi Cobre will bring to life Las Posadas, a celebration of Mexican holiday customs through music and dance. Over at the Canada pavilion, JAMMitors will grace the Mill Stage with their playful percussion. And, enjoy the shopping, sights AND sounds inside World ShowPlace as fan-favorite JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season will bring you on an uplifting journey through R&B, gospel, contemporary and traditional Christmas and holiday music.  

yuhgt7y342133-741x1024.thumb.jpg.ea938276d7de5a19874126f11d2a1079.jpg

The Holiday Cookie Stroll returns this year, with a complimentary cookie as reward for completing the confectionary collection. The delicious array of sweet treats to choose from will include cookies from five different locations throughout the park. You can also pick up an adorable cookie jar to collect all of your cookies, available for purchase at the Holiday Markets throughout World Showcase, while supplies last.

To share holiday traditions from around the world, everyone’s favorite snowman from Frozen invites kids of all ages on the new “Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition,” a festive adventure around World Showcase to round up holiday traditions Olaf misplaces. You can purchase the expedition map at Mouse Gear, Disney Traders or World Traveler at International Gateway, then look for hidden Olafs throughout the World Showcase pavilions. Once you find them all, you’ll receive a gift worth melting for (while supplies last). 

The holiday season across the rest of Walt Disney World Resort begins Nov. 6, 2020, with seasonal celebrations at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney Springs and Disney Resort hotels. 

• Like 1

Zach Riddley from Walt Disney Imagineering has shared this new sneak peek at the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coaster trains!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHN7LPLB_5C/

1042772009_ScreenShot2020-11-05at1_45_11PM.thumb.png.1a0eab5aa6018cb5b572f4d61c2b2b4a.png

Here is an exclusive sneak peek of two of our ride engineers as they prep some of EPCOT’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind vehicles at our warehouse in Florida. If you look closely at the colorful paint design on the vehicles (called coaches in roller coaster engineering parlance), each one is unique with different wear patterns and impact marks. Imagineers were inspired by markings that appear on NASA Space Shuttles and other spacecraft upon reentry into Earth’s atmosphere. We can’t wait to share more on this truly out-of-this-world, awesome attraction as we make progress on construction and put these coaches on the track!

• Like 4

We kind know what we were getting with Tron, even before the one in Shanghai opened we sort of knew what to expect as a roller coaster/attraction. With this thing I still have no idea what it's going to end up being but I have a feeling this thing will be truly special. It might not be as popular as Rise simply because it isn't Star Wars but I'm expecting an overall experience here that's one the same level as that but more thrilling and unique.

Really excited for this one, even more excited for shorter waits on Test Track (hopefully).

Wow! Vekoma is sure upping their train game! Those trains look great and the restraints look extremely comfortable and a nice progression from the standard sit-down Vekoma lap bar.

I am really intrigued to see what the layout looks like and what is the giant shed (KI is probably jealous of it right now as this is a proper shed xD)

On 11/5/2020 at 11:18 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

We kind know what we were getting with Tron, even before the one in Shanghai opened we sort of knew what to expect as a roller coaster/attraction. With this thing I still have no idea what it's going to end up being but I have a feeling this thing will be truly special. It might not be as popular as Rise simply because it isn't Star Wars but I'm expecting an overall experience here that's one the same level as that but more thrilling and unique.

Really excited for this one, even more excited for shorter waits on Test Track (hopefully).

The quick clip they showed a while ago of the vehicle testing at high speed was nuckin futs.  You're right, this is going to be completely new and awesome.

Those trains look to be extra wide.  Am I going crazy?  Nice and roomy!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 12:47 PM, KBrylczyk said:

The quick clip they showed a while ago of the vehicle testing at high speed was nuckin futs.  You're right, this is going to be completely new and awesome.

Those trains look to be extra wide.  Am I going crazy?  Nice and roomy!

Yeah there are some videos out there of the new coaster in France that recently opened using this same ride system (or very very similar system at least), and even though that ride appears to be pretty tame you can still see what kind of potential this thing has. I'm excited to see what Disney does with this thing from the storytelling perspective. Most dark ride coasters are usually just here's a few scenes at the beginning of the ride, high speed section in the dark, another scene, high speed section end. This thing they might really be able to do something cool with it while the ride is in motion.

There have been some great new updates from Disney Parks today!

First, check out some brand new footage of the prototype ride vehicles of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT!

And now, here's some further updates on Cosmic Rewind and all of the other projects happening around EPCOT!

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will be opening in 2021!

"...plans are on track to open Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in 2021.  Based on Disney and Pixar’s hit film, “Ratatouille,” this family-friendly attraction will invite you to shrink down to the scale of a rat for a culinary adventure with Chef Remy. During each adventure, you’ll race across Gusteau’s kitchen floor aboard special trackless ride vehicles in a thrilling 3D chase."

More here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/11/updates-on-new-disney-parks-attractions-entertainment-offer-glimpse-of-exciting-future/?fbclid=IwAR3fuHFXhgPfV_hWL-bzwxKpZZTqbpIIsJdTPLrqCy2N8vvXA1fLLT8aLhU

• Like 5

Wow!  Is that the first shot we've seen of the interior and track for Guardians?  Looks pretty darn twisty!  There's definitely going to be some weird forces to be felt on this.  Drifting, rotating backwards while going through turns, etc, all while sensory overload is happening around you with added effects.  I can't wait to ride it.

The Star Wars hotel is looking better with each new release, as well.  I'm curious if they have some way to control the hotel group from leaving Galaxy's Edge, though.  The website mentions visiting the Black Spire Outpost "and more," but does that mean we're free to explored the rest of Hollywood Studios or are we somehow restricted to only be in Galaxy's Edge during the 2-day experience?  It'll be interesting to see how they navigate that aspect.  Either way I'm totally booking it once it and Guardians are open.

^That's what a lot of us are hoping for at this point, but I could see them pushing to even summer/fall of 2022 with everything now.  Remember how they used to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries for like 12 months on either side of the actual date, I feel like they're now going to push that to like 18 months AFTER the big dates!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, A.J. said:

2021 is the resort's 50th, but 2022 is EPCOT's 40th, so they can still tie it in.

That's the prediction I got from a DVC cast member in February (pre-covid), that Tron would be in time for the MK 50th and GOTG shortly thereafter and definitely in time for Epcot's 40th. Obviously thats all either ruined or up in the air. 

11 hours ago, KIEnthusiast said:

How does Guardians of the Galaxy tie into Epcot??? I don't like Marvel. The only way it would interest me is if it was made for smart people like Horizons was. Layout looks ok.

I mean they shared a polaroid at D23 a few years ago of a young Peter Quill visiting EPCOT as a child (born in the early 1980s) before he was abducted by Yondu in 1988. So he's been before and I guess now want's to come back for some reason. That's the start of a pretty interesting back story for a theme park attraction IMO but I guess it's not "smart" enough like Horizons was........image.thumb.png.9e99591e36bc7b799641825d5660fda1.png

• Confused 1