TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

Disney needed to do something to make it look like they were doing something about the problem. They have done so very successfully. And thankfully, that doesn't mean any alterations to the ride for those of us who enjoy it and are still alive.

Major props to Disney on this one.

Wow that’s a real bummer, they spent so much money on 4 centrifuges and can only use 3, leaving on perfectly functional centrifuge un-centrifuge(ing). I think maybe if they rotated the non spinning one to a different centrifuge periodically so that all 4 get used, but there is still always one non moving centrifuge.

Colin C

"Providing a choice between two ride options will help to further encourage all guests to carefully consider posted health advisories when making their decision."

I guess the 10+ warning signs didnt offer enough encouragement, eh?

Im glad they are giving some kind of option, but couldn't they have done like what Sea World did with Wild Artic and have a room where they show the ride so they could keep all centerfuges operational?

This sounds more like a PR move then anything doesn't it?

I mean if someone with a health condition gets in line and misses all the warning signs, then what's keeping this same person from getting into line and missing the sign that says "less intense version".

So even if there is a non moving option, someone could still get on the intense version when they shouldn't.

^ but then its completely thier fault for being retarded. And everyone in the world will think they're retarded. Heck, I already think your retarded if you have happened to have died on that ride.

I wonder how long this will last. Without the Gs, you're just looking at a little screen and fiddling with a disconnnected joystick. Watching silent cartoons at the Main Street Cinema is more exciting.

Next up: TOT without the drop...

I personally think the solution to this ride is easy... starts with an H.. ends with ORIZONS.

Eric

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think more people would rather look into the future than having their past flash in front of them.

Just my opinion...I could be wrong.

^ but then its completely thier fault for being retarded. And everyone in the world will think they're retarded. Heck, I already think your retarded if you have happened to have died on that ride.

This post just irked me.

Aren't you being a little selfish? They're "retarded" (I hate that word) if they don't have the same likes as you? They're retarded because the four-year-old had no symptoms of heath defects and, normally, should have been able to ride the ride safely? He had a undiagnosed health problem.

It will give people and option of riding the intense version, or the non-intense version. It's like the non-motion seats in a simulator.

I am not surprised by any means this has happened. Our society (in general) has become so litigious Disney cannot afford to at least offer a "tamer" version of the ride. Just like an example from another post regarding the media, we now are becoming accustom to parks making modifications to satisfy inspectors, insurance agents and the public. While it is sad to see it come to this, I actually believe this is NOT the end!. In fact, I will even predict that Disney will (if not already) instill a new program that offers several tame® versions of MS. Along with this, watch for new-revised signs outfront that *cough*no-one-reads-anyway*cough

I think it is a good idea that Disney has now given people the option, but the problem is what if you do not know you have a pre exsisting condition it will not prevent those people from getting sick or dying! It only helps those people who no they have a problem and want to enjoy the ride. I myself have never been on it but I assume I would ride it. What Gs does rides such as Golith at MM and DE JAVU at MM pull, Compared to Mission Space?

Here comes another media blitz again. Those of you that posted comments on another thread that Rob started regarding the media will surely agree.

I have read a posting (I will research the source and post a link) that the family of the victim is suing Disney for roughly $2 million. Seems like another lawyers dream to get into the action of **#)@)@))@ lawsuits which will, in turn, raise insurance costs for the park (again) and oh "how are we going to increase our bottom line (fiscal reports P&L)?"

Ahhh lets just charge our guests more entry fees.

What Gs does rides such as Golith at MM and DE JAVU at MM pull, Compared to Mission Space?

I, for one, found the Gs on M:S to be at least as intense than Goliath's infamous helix, and in a way more grueling. For one thing, the Gs on Goliath are kind of aimed downwardish toward your seat and feet, whereas the M:S forces hit you square in your torso. Goliath's helix Gs force blood from your brain (hello, gray-out!) while M:S knocks the wind out of you. It's like Gary Sinise is sitting on your chest. (Hmmm, on second thought, that might feel kinda nice...)

"New for 2006! Mission Space: Choose Your Own Death...err...Experience!"

^I'm sure some media outlet that blows everything out of proportion will come up with some nifty slogan like that in the next couple days.