TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

Question for the Orlando experts:

My buddy and his wife only have 3 full days to spend in Orlando when they go in December. (6th-8th) So with that said, they can only do 3 of the 4 Disney parks.

Should Epcot be the park that is cut from their itinerary?

NO! If they are going to cut stuff, I'd cut Studios, personally. Its the park I always just ignore, lol. Or, they could park hop with Animal Kingdom and Studio. They are both doable in one day.

No way. Epcot is one of the few parks that is so spread out that you can just enjoy your day. Plus Illuminations is an amazing show!

NO! If they are going to cut stuff, I'd cut Studios, personally. Its the park I always just ignore, lol. Or, they could park hop with Animal Kingdom and Studio. They are both doable in one day.

Noted. Thanks guys!

Yeah I can only support what the others have said, do not skip Epcot! I would go for doing Animal Kingdom and Studios on the same day. If your friends feel that is a bit too much then skip one of these parks. IMO Animal Kingdom is the better park, it's beautiful and has a great atmosphere. Expedition Everest is awesome, but the park as a whole is lacking a little in the ride department. Studios overall has a better ride package with Rock'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania. It's up to what your friends prefer.

Yeah I can only support what the others have said, do not skip Epcot! I would go for doing Animal Kingdom and Studios on the same day. If your friends feel that is a bit too much then skip one of these parks. IMO Animal Kingdom is the better park, it's beautiful and has a great atmosphere. Expedition Everest is awesome, but the park as a whole is lacking a little in the ride department. Studios overall has a better ride package with Rock'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania. It's up to what your friends prefer.

I actually prefer Hollywood Studios to Epcot (slightly). Tower of Terror is my favorite ride at the resort, and both Toy Story and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are up there as well. I also really like a majority of their shows. I can't imagine how much I'll like them after the expansion is completed. Animal Kingdom is my easily my least favorite park. I only spend a half day there when I go to Disney.

OK I'll make sure they don't skip Epcot. My girlfriend and I will be with them but her and I will be in Orlando the whole week but our friends are on an extreme time crunch due to work.

I planned on my girlfriend and I being there for 7 days so we had plenty of time for each Disney Park plus I had to talk her into letting me use a day for BGT.

The Intamin Fanboy in me refuses to travel all the way from California and not ride Cheetah Hunt and Falcon's Fury.

Should Epcot be the park that is cut from their itinerary?

Like other people said, if they're willing to invest in the park hopper that would be their best bet. Start at the Studios for Tower and Toy Story, shift over mid-day to Animal Kingdom for Everest and the Safari until they close at sunset, and then back to the Studios for Fantasmic. Epcot is way too fun of an experience to rush or miss out on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this today... Disney brought back the Three Caballero figures from the old Mickey Mouse Revue and put them at the finale of the Grand Fiesta Tour! A cool little update for that ride.

After 35 years on world tour, three historic Audio-Animatronics® figures have returned home to Walt Disney World Resort. Originally premiering in the Mickey Mouse Revue attraction at Magic Kingdom Park on October 1, 1971, and later performing in the same attraction at Tokyo Disneyland, the memorable Panchito, José Carioca, and Donald Duck figures appeared today in the grand finale of Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros at Epcot.

FULL ARTICLE

Just came across this today... Disney brought back the Three Caballero figures from the old Mickey Mouse Revue and put them at the finale of the Grand Fiesta Tour! A cool little update for that ride.

After 35 years on world tour, three historic Audio-Animatronics® figures have returned home to Walt Disney World Resort. Originally premiering in the Mickey Mouse Revue attraction at Magic Kingdom Park on October 1, 1971, and later performing in the same attraction at Tokyo Disneyland, the memorable Panchito, José Carioca, and Donald Duck figures appeared today in the grand finale of Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros at Epcot.

FULL ARTICLE

That is a very nice touch. I love the old-school Disney animatronics.

Edited by cfc

Boy, those three sure have gotten around the world, LOL!

^^ I also remember seeing them in the Mickey Mouse Revue in TDL,

back in the TPR 2007 Japan Tour! All Japanese but great fun, still.

• 1 month later...
Looks like Disney is finally feeling threatened by all of the 4D rides that Universal is building and is ready to take them out with a Death Star. Didn't see that coming.

One or 2 4D rides I can deal with at Disney but Universal had way to many for my liking.

You won't like Korean parks then. It's either a) keep practically the same rides from opening year since the crowds will still come or b) a ride with screens to have an easy to install in existing building new ride