TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

Looks amazing... Last year I just caught the last day of the festival; not nearly enough. No Disney this year, but next year, I'll be spending a full week there, staying at the Boardwalk, so I can just walk on over, and stumble back, every day. The pictures here are making that year wait really painful, though. Just hope they still have the Hawaiian pork sliders again next year; I absolutely agree that it was the best thing there...and that's saying a lot, with how amazing everything was.

First time posting, but visited this site many times ever since I worked at Six Flags St. Louis years ago. Now, I live in Orlando.

But anyways, I was at the park on the same day and walked past Robb while he was in one of the shops. Should've said hi.

Love the Food & Wine Festival.

I'm counting down the days until Food and Wine. It really is worth every penny. I always have to get one of everything. Some I don't care for and will just try a bite, but almost everything is amazing!

• 1 month later...
Looks like they are closing captain EO permanently on December 7th.

No replacement has been named yet.

I dont think I even noticed where Captain EO was in the park so can't say I will miss it at all.

Nope--me, neither.

Question for the Orlando experts:

My buddy and his wife only have 3 full days to spend in Orlando when they go in December. (6th-8th) So with that said, they can only do 3 of the 4 Disney parks.

Should Epcot be the park that is cut from their itinerary?

No way. Epcot is one of the few parks that is so spread out that you can just enjoy your day. Plus Illuminations is an amazing show!

The Pixar film is obviously a stop gap. I wonder if it's a direct result of other things (Shanghai/Avatar) being grossly over budget.

Doubtful it's budget related. Captain EO has run its course.