TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

Sometimes I wish they would just leave the food booths up year round, you know they would still make a ton of money on them. Maybe the crowds are too large in the summer and the showcase would just be packed beyond belief but it would be worth it.

Edited by Hilltopper39

I have always wanted to be down there around the time this is going on. It obviously makes more financial sense for annual passholders than regular park guests (unless you are going for an extended time). How many portions do you think is reasonable to fill up the average person? Obviously, the name of the game is splitting and sharing things, but I was just curious to see the value/lack thereof.

Great report!

I have always wanted to be down there around the time this is going on. It obviously makes more financial sense for annual passholders than regular park guests (unless you are going for an extended time). How many portions do you think is reasonable to fill up the average person? Obviously, the name of the game is splitting and sharing things, but I was just curious to see the value/lack thereof.

Great report!

Normal people would be pretty full after four dishes. I can eat 6 plates of dumplings myself though and then go for a Fondue Dessert!

Like you said, you try and go with friends and family and split bites of each dish so you can try more food. I don't think it's just geared towards pass holders. There are a ton of groups who come down this time of year and do a day at Epcot, a night at Halloween Party, etc.

Great report!

Depending on what you get, 4-6 I think is reasonable before you'd feel "full." That's why I suggest that if you're down here for a day, do a lunch and a dinner lap, space them out pretty far apart, and you can get in probably 12 different food items in the day which will get you a really good sampling!

And if you're here for two days, that's a good 24 dishes! Now, keep in mind that they are probably an average of about $4.50 each, so you're looking at spending a good $60 - $75 per day at the event based on what you get and if you do any alcohol on top of that. It's actually easy to blow $100 on different food and drink items in a full day at Food & Wine!

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

And if you're here for two days, that's a good 24 dishes! Now, keep in mind that they are probably an average of about $4.50 each, so you're looking at spending a good $60 - $75 per day at the event based on what you get and if you do any alcohol on top of that. It's actually easy to blow $100 on different food and drink items in a full day at Food & Wine!

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

It is, indeed.

Forget all this talk about eating around the world...try drinking around the world!

Why not both?

We did that at Food and Garden last year!

Like Robb said, grab some family and friends and do a lunch run, take a break, go check out some attractions (as well as walk off some of it) and then go back for dinner and more drinks later in the evening! We ended up having drink samples from every country as well as tried most of the food stands with only two of us!