TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Epcot for a few hours last week during my vacation.

The new caramel shop in Germany is heaven; I could have spent a fortune in there and gladly would have taken the cavities that would come along with it.

The new Test Track; seemed more like being inside the grid than being in a test car vehicles may have well been lightcycles. The customize your car thing is a cool feature, but when you get two kids in a car who both think that they're riding their own cars, trouble will brew. Case in point, I rode in a car with a family with two small boys, at the end of the ride the mother said to her one son "your car was really good" to which the other yelled that they were in his car, not his brother's.

I had to spend one evening at the Biergarten and the food buffet was very good. Only the meatloaf - Leberkäse - was way too small and not spiced enough. But hey - I mostly went there as it's the only place were one can get a wheat beer - Weizenbier...

I will be at Epcot in April with one of my friends, and I am wondering what people think the best foods at Epcot are? Like what country's pavilion, for example?

Is there anything really bizarre or unique that we should try? lol.

I'm really looking forward to visiting this park to experience the different pavilions!

I will be at Epcot in April with one of my friends, and I am wondering what people think the best foods at Epcot are? Like what country's pavilion, for example?

Is there anything really bizarre or unique that we should try? lol.

I'm really looking forward to visiting this park to experience the different pavilions!

Pizza at Via Napoli is a must. It's that good!

Flower & Garden will also still be going on and they are having a mini Food & Wine with it so there will be some different options available. Elissa posted about it a few pages back.

I would mainly get the food from the Flower and Garden Festival booths. As for counter service restaurants, I like China (dumplings), Japan (everything), France (Bakery), Land Pavilion, and Morocco (Baklava). For sit down restaurants, Italy, Japan, and Morocco are my favorite. For unique, Coral Reef has an entire wall that is an aquarium. I really like the food, but most people think it's just ok. Germany's restaurant has an Oktoberfest style atmosphere that is pretty popular. The new French restaurant is supposed to be really good as well.

I would mainly get the food from the Flower and Garden Festival booths. As for counter service restaurants, I like China (dumplings), Japan (everything), France (Bakery), Land Pavilion, and Morocco (Baklava). For sit down restaurants, Italy, Japan, and Morocco are my favorite. For unique, Coral Reef has an entire wall that is an aquarium. I really like the food, but most people think it's just ok. Germany's restaurant has an Oktoberfest style atmosphere that is pretty popular. The new French restaurant is supposed to be really good as well.

Trust Joey,

He eats everything...

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on the Disney Blog:

If you have an eagle eye, next week’s “Limited Time Magic” surprise at Disney Parks is especially for you. We’re launching a special “egg” hunt at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

For one week only, from March 18-24, you’ll be able to search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters at Epcot and at Disney California Adventure park and then record your discoveries on specially themed Eggs-perience park maps.

At Epcot, maps can be purchased at the Heritage Manor in the American Adventure Pavilion, International Gateway, Pin Central and Port of Entry.

And at Disney California Adventure park, you can purchase the map at Elias & Co., Oswald’s, Radiator Springs Curios, Tower Hotel Gifts and Treasures in Paradise.

Each map and set of stickers will cost $4.95, plus tax at select locations. And whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your map to a Port of Entry at Epcot or Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park for a surprise.

Maps will be available while supplies last and no discounts apply. You should also know that separate admission is required to enter Disney Theme Parks and the experience is subject to restrictions and change without notice.

This is really cool! They did this at Tokyo Disneyland one of the times we were there for Easter Celebrations. They also of course had adorable park merchandise and food!