TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mr. Freeze to turn RED!

^ I doubt it... that would be a pretty expensive primer coat for the entire track.

Okay... peopel have been getting pretty heated over the re-theme... so here is my reasoning behind NOT re-themeing the ride, and it has nothing to do with the color.

Mr. Freeze at SFOT has its entire que line inside of an "abandoned ice-cream warehouse." If the ride were to be rethemed... it wouldn't be a simple name change. It would cost the park alot more money to retheme the ride than just to re-paint it,

Now, I don't agree with the colors, but I don;t agree with a re-theme either.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well... I see your point, but with Batman... the ride can be yellow, black, or even dark purple and still go well with the Batman theme. Mr. Freeze on the other hand, to many people, can only be seen as a blue or possibly even a black coaster. Red which brings a feeling of heat wont work well.

-Andrew

Uh. What makes you think that a "Mr. Freeze" coaster is only seen by many people as a blue or black coaster? Red does not necessarily convey the meaning of "heat" all the time. I mean, what is the big deal? It's not like the coaster itself is supposed to be the actual Mr. Freeze. It's supposed to be one of his contraptions is it not? If the queue building theming remains intact, I don't see how this repaint should appear so ludicrous like a few of you seem to think.

If you guys want to get extremely technical on the subject of coaster names and colors, then why has nobody complained about Magic Mountain's Viper color scheme? Since when were any Vipers red and white? More: Talon's yellow-orange-blue scheme and Raptor's green-on-green...have you seen any eagles or hawks sporting ANY those colors in their feathers?

^I see your point, but it just seems awkward to have Mr. Freeze painted red. The only way I see this making perfect sense, is if Mr. Freeze appeared in the new Batman series with a red suit, but that's highly unlikely.

^

I'm guessing not! Don't you guys live by a mall or something? Shouldn't you be there stealing Cinnabons and feeling manniquin boobies? I know that's what I was doing when I was your age!!

Yes, the offseason is fully underway!

^ Well... I see your point, but with Batman... the ride can be yellow, black, or even dark purple and still go well with the Batman theme. Mr. Freeze on the other hand, to many people, can only be seen as a blue or possibly even a black coaster. Red which brings a feeling of heat wont work well.

-Andrew

Uh. What makes you think that a "Mr. Freeze" coaster is only seen by many people as a blue or black coaster? Red does not necessarily convey the meaning of "heat" all the time. I mean, what is the big deal? It's not like the coaster itself is supposed to be the actual Mr. Freeze. It's supposed to be one of his contraptions is it not? If the queue building theming remains intact, I don't see how this repaint should appear so ludicrous like a few of you seem to think.

If you guys want to get extremely technical on the subject of coaster names and colors, then why has nobody complained about Magic Mountain's Viper color scheme? Since when were any Vipers red and white? More: Talon's yellow-orange-blue scheme and Raptor's green-on-green...have you seen any eagles or hawks sporting ANY those colors in their feathers?

Well said, I agree.

It's actually fairly simple. If the new paint scheme bothers you so much, then don't ride it and stop complaining about it. There. Done. Just go hang out at the mall all day and everything will be fine.

^ Okay... I'm not trying to complain... sorry if I sound really bi*chy about it... I just wanted to voice my opinion. Also, yeah... in Plano, and the dallas area, there are more shops per square capita than anywhere else... you can see one mall from the other... so I can go to the mall... thats about it... that and the movies!

^No. Im not with you.

They repainted a bunch of batmans and left them alone, why would this be any different?

Colin C

As far as I know, the new Batmans' colors go with the theme:

I can accept the new colors on the coaster, it just seems a bit odd. Kind of like........ naming a coaster INFERNO and painting it white and blue. Just doesnt make much since.

^

I'm guessing not! Don't you guys live by a mall or something? Shouldn't you be there stealing Cinnabons and feeling manniquin boobies? I know that's what I was doing when I was your age!!

Yes, the offseason is fully underway!

You Rock. Post of the day

yeah... in Plano, and the dallas area, there are more shops per square capita than anywhere else... you can see one mall from the other... so I can go to the mall... thats about it... that and the movies!

Also, can't you carry a conceled handgun without a permit? Endless recreational opportunities!

Hmm...

Could this potentially be the first sign of further cost cutting? Is it possible that Six Flags may ditch the DC license? All I know is the Justice League looked pretty lonely in Elitches last season. In the visit times when I was in the area I only ever noticed like 1 or 2 kids ever go up to them.

Sorry. I really shouldn't add fuel to the fire...

Meh, it's odd that they are changing the track to red, but the supports are blue and, far as we know, the trains are still blue. It might not fit perfectly, but it's probably going to look pretty sweet, despite the slight theme contradiction.

I mean, look at BDK at SFNE. If I wasn't familiar with it and somebody showed me a picture of the track, I would never guess it would ever be a Batman themed ride.