TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mr. Freeze to turn RED!

Mr. Freeze at Six Flags over Texas, after being down almost the entire summer season due to the chain wide shut down of Premier Rides... is going to re open next season...

... with RED track and dark blue supports!

I'm sorry... but how can a ride with a Mr. Freeze theme be red... that makes no sense.

*Sorry I have no pictures... I was at the park today but forgot a camera*

-Andrew

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I doubt it as Superman: Tower of Power is right down the path. The theme is probably going to stay the same. I just think it is going to be like when they painted Shockwave from blue to green... except for this will make more of an impact as it is one of the firt things you see when driving in... at least from Dallas.

-Andrew

^^ Again... i doubt a name change. Batman: The Ride ir right next to Mr. Freeze and I highly doubt a new theme due to the existing mr freeze building in whith the entire que line resides. It would be interesting to see Six Flags try to turn an abandoned Ice Cream wareehouse into... not that!

^ It is not entirely done being painted. They currently have the last half of the top hat painted and some supports in the lower area that can really only bee seen above.

But again, I doubt a name change... I just hope that it all looks good in the future when it's done!

Mr. Freeze.bmp

New Mr. Freeze!

I can understand why they are re-painting it, SFStL's version is getting pretty faded, but red and blue!? I think the colors fit really well on the ride itself, but not with the name. Hopefully it will get re-themed.

^ Oh... my mistake... its kind of hard to tell the exact color. I agree wiht some of the things being said. The ride really does need new paint. You can see the metal in some parts... but the colors just dont seem right, however they are a good combo of colors... just not Mr. FREEZE (cold) (blue)

^ Well... I see your point, but with Batman... the ride can be yellow, black, or even dark purple and still go well with the Batman theme. Mr. Freeze on the other hand, to many people, can only be seen as a blue or possibly even a black coaster. Red which brings a feeling of heat wont work well.

-Andrew

^Why can't they? I mean it seems unlogical, but is there a law or something that says they cant? I just dont see why thats absurd that the name and themeing be kept, its not like everyone is just going to up and stop riding it. I needs a new coat of paint and its getting different colors, big deal if its red! Look a Goliath and Walibi, La Ronde, and SFOG, all of them have different colors vastly different from the others! Even Goliath at La Ronde has "superman" colors! There is nothing that says a coaster's colors have to match its theme, albeit kinda stupid, its certainly not a reason to say "oh it has to be rethemed now".

Colin C

^Why can't they? I mean it seems unlogical, but is there a law or something that says they cant? I just dont see why thats absurd that the name and themeing be kept, its not like everyone is just going to up and stop riding it. I needs a new coat of paint and its getting different colors, big deal if its red! Look a Goliath and Walibi, La Ronde, and SFOG, all of them have different colors vastly different from the others! Even Goliath at La Ronde has "superman" colors! There is nothing that says a coaster's colors have to match its theme, albeit kinda stupid, its certainly not a reason to say "oh it has to be rethemed now".

Colin C

But a Goliath theme can have all sorts of colours. There is no colour-scheme that let's people immediately say: "oh that ride has got to have a Goliath name." Same with Batman. There is no official Batman colour scheme.

But even SF should be smart enough to change the name of a red coaster with the name Mr. Freeze.