TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Ages 12 to 17...READ THIS NOW!!!!

- Posts with bad grammar such as no words capitalized, using internet or text message shorthand, poor spelling, etc.

Please take a note and use capitalization! 'I' needs to be a capital! I just don't get why you would go criticize others and totally mess that up twice!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this site and I think those rules are the exact reason why; by not filling the forums up with crap and instead posting informative and interesting threads you've created one of the best coaster sites ever, I am so sorry if any of my post fall into any of those catagories and I really hope I haven't made too many spelling mistakes in the few posts I have made, I would hate to be kicked out, your site is brilliant so well done and thank you very much for giving me something to read and enjoy in my spare time!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

^You know Wes, you do a great job as a mod on this site, if I hadn't said it before. And you let these kiddies have it, especially after you and others continually warn them and they STILL rush towards their own banning. I just look at some of these threads and just chuckle... being banned for your posting style after a few weeks is not cute. I certainly don't envy your job, Wes. Keep up the good work!

For those people that have problems creating decent posts, if you get a warning or locked thread, just take a break from posting and see what others are doing. Learn by example.

And pay attention in your English and Creative writing classes. You don't have to be perfect (Lord knows I'm not), but at least I try to read what I want to post a few times before hitting the submit button. When I type, I know my thoughts go faster than the words that actually make it in the post.

Terry

All I can say is I try to "do what the mods do." That way, I'll know that it is clean.

I know sometimes my posts are 'cheap', but I learn from my mistakes, and that means that tomorrows post will be better than yesterdays one. And I hope that it will be "Robb approved" by the end of each.

I'm just glad Robb (and some mods) give me warnings, so I know what to improve and what to change.

I sometimes read the rules a few times a day just to keep the brain up to date.

--James

• 3 weeks later...
^You know Wes, you do a great job as a mod on this site, if I hadn't said it before. And you let these kiddies have it, especially after you and others continually warn them and they STILL rush towards their own banning. I just look at some of these threads and just chuckle... being banned for your posting style after a few weeks is not cute. I certainly don't envy your job, Wes. Keep up the good work!

LOL Terrance you are so right. I think we really need to appreciate how much the mods do for us on this website. They defenitly keep this site fun to be on. Also, I do laugh at the kids who get warned not to do something, and do it anyways. Makes me laugh...really hard.

---Brent

I looked at some of the locked threads last week and thought to myself:

"We should allow English and Creative Writing teachers to bring paddles into the classroom. It's getting out of control."

How do you misspell "interesting" or "sleep" or "camper"? That's when you need to be paddled for lousy phonetic spellings.

I know I'll abbreviate or shorten words when I'm writing a text message since I only have 160 characters to play with, but that doesn't excuse me from at least attempting well-formed, correctly spelled, and grammatically correct sentences.

The latest firefox and safari browsers have spell checking functionality... use them if you have trouble spelling.

Oh and I see another handy feature in the forum when you create a post... the spellcheck button. Give it a click if you aren't sure.

But alas, that doesn't save you from bad grammar and vague posts.

Only paying attention in school and applying it to real life helps writing skills.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to bump this to address an issue the mods have noticed.

While we appreciate the enthusiasm many of our members have, please try to post only when you feel you are adding to the conversation. We do not like "posting for postings sake", which seems like a select few of you are doing. While the occasional low content posts are okay, if we notice a large trend with one poster constantly over posting, we may take action and give them a 24 hour Warning from the site.

There is no competition to have the most posts, so try to be a little more conservative in where and what you post. Again, we do appreciate the enthusiasm, but if someone is posting 30+ times a day, or is posting multiple times in a brief period of time in game or low content threads, we may issue a warning.

Thanks for understanding!

It really does infuriate me over at Westcoaster and CoasterForce when I see people spam, and I think that they aren't taken care of as well as here (which was one of the reasons why I joined). So...you don't have to worry about anything from me, as I absolutely HATE lol, rofl, omg, omfg, etc. etc.

Boo to Internet lingo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good to read the policys. Maybe I add a little to many emoticons, so I'll try to shorten the amount I use and not have 1 on every post. I'll try to stick with that. And also, try to search harder for repeated topics. I already mistakenly did that today.

To the mods, great job for keeping the topics/threads/messages clean and respectable. Keep up the good work.

LOL Terrance you are so right. I think we really need to appreciate how much the mods do for us on this website. They defenitly keep this site fun to be on. Also, I do laugh at the kids who get warned not to do something, and do it anyways. Makes me laugh...really hard.

---Brent

All you have to do is check the forums on a day when there's an event going on, and the mods are away. It fills with spam and stupidity quite quickly. Kudos to all of the mods.

"Frogielicious" is a great example of why not to sign up for forums if you think something like "frogielicious" is even remotely funny. Then again, if you can't spell "froggie," you might have more problems than whichever ones lead to repeatedly posting your terrible song parodies.

The mods are doing a fantastic job of keeping the spam and general idiocy at a low level, especially for such a relatively large forum.