TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Ages 12 to 17...READ THIS NOW!!!!

Dear TPR Members,

We've noticed a recent influx of 12 to 17 year olds signing up for the forums recently and while the majority of you are great, and we value everyone's input, we have noticed a greater amount of posts that fall into the following categories:

- Pointless topics.

- Posting for posting sake.

- Posts with bad grammar such as no words capitalized, using internet or text message shorthand, poor spelling, etc.

- Topic titles that are not descriptive.

- Creating topics that already exist (not searching before posting)

- Other general "annoyances" (using WAY too many emoticons, HUGE images, "backseat moderating", etc)

In an effort to keep the quality level of the forums at a higher standard, we are going to have to start deleting topics and threads that fall into these categories.

We want to keep the forum informative and fun, and if you have to weed through pages of "crap" that takes away from that focus.

Please make sure that if you are responding to a thread, you have something significant to add to the conversation, and your response is intelligent.

Again, it's not ALL the younger members as most of you guys are great, but lately this has become a problem and we feel this is the best way to deal with it!

So the moral of the story....if you start to see your posts or topics get deleted....refer to this post, and look to some of our more experienced posters as an example.

Thanks for your understanding!

--Robb

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for setting these guidelines down. I have noticed lately that posts were starting to get a bit sloppy, so thanks for clearing this up.

I just hope I'm not one of the one's who fall's into the "crap posts" category...

These guidelines are not only better for the entire site, but for the poster as well.

I'm sure I am not the only one who skips over posts that are poorly written. If you take the thirty extra seconds to make a clear, well-written response, you'll get a lot more readers of your posts. We shouldn't need to try to decipher what you're saying.

I think I don't write very bad...

Sorry to everybody for my English, but I started learning the language two years ago, and it's a bit difficult for me. I try to write well, but my grammar isn't the best, and maybe you can think I'm 5 years old

I promess that I will write (and maybe speak) English perfect...

... some day

Robb,

To be honest, most of the posts here are a lot better than some of the other sites I belong to. Yesterday, on another forum, I had to tell someone to type their post in a word processor then check it for spelling AND grammar. He posted basically a paragraph long run-on sentence where he said he didn't appreciate people insulting his intelligents.

I said "No one's perfect, but at least look like you paid attention in school."

Oh and he was over 21.

I think people here post fairly decent because of the great job you and others do with the moderation of the site.

Thumbs up!

Terrance

To be honest, most of the posts here are a lot better than some of the other sites I belong to.

Oh, I agree! And I do commend our users for that! It was just that in the past couple of weeks (especially with RCPro closing) we saw a lot of younger readers and we've had to edit or delete a LOT more posts....

So I felt there was a need to say something.

I do also think that the mods do a *GREAT* job of catching most of it before people get to see it, so the more I hear positive comments like that from you guys, the more if makes me realize we're all doing our jobs (mods and members alike) to keep the forums of higher quality!

Thanks to everyone!

--Robb

I'd like to add a couple quick thoughts if I may. The foreign members need not apologize for bad English. For the most part, your posts are pretty well written, and understandable. It takes a lot of guts to post on a board that is not of your native toungue, and I think most of us admire your attempts to learn the English language.

One suggestion to the foreign members though. In the location description of your profile, don't get creative with your place of residence. In other words, don't put something like "in the loop" or "over the river and through the woods." By simply putting Japan, or Spain, or wherever, people will recognize easier that English may not be your first language. That way they may not be as quick to jump on your case about imperfect grammar. It's just a thought that may help out a bit.

^Agreed. It's not always easy understanding other posts or writing your own posts. But I'm trying, and I hope I haven't been too 'non-understanding' in the past time.

And the fact that there are so many people from different countries make this site great.

Hope this post doesn't contain too much errors

...I'm not annoying, am I?

(long pause)

...am I?

I know what you mean though, I've seen some kids post just completely bogus things regarding what they think some certain element is on a ride (for anyone who read the Griffon press release topic, TROLLS). There have been times when I read a post and thought "Oh are you kidding, he did NOT just post that....."

I think I may be getting on a few nameless peoples' nerves, and I'll do my best to tone down and not be as annoying, if I'm one of those people you speak of anyways.

If I'm a culprit of this, PLEASE let me know... the last thing I want to do is upset others!

Anyway, I do believe this was a necessary thread. There's definitely been an increase in thoughtless posts and other problems, and the less of those we have, the better.

I've only mesed up 1 time while I was on here! I have never messed up again. Someone give me a gold star! Haha. I've started to notice these tings too. It is really anoying. I'm coming up on my 2nd year on the boards and I still have not mastered them, so I look back here for guidence. if everyone looked on here TPR wouldn't be filled with so much annoyences. Robb you should make it where every new member has to read and submit to these quidlines before they can gain membership (If you don't allready have it like that). Sounds like a good idea to me. Well good luck with the annoyances - Mitchell

^Just a tip.

Asking about the subject refers to you probably counts as a useless post.

Now I know what Robb means.

I would think it's probably be best not to clutter up the thread with "Is it me" or "I'll do better" posts. I'm thinking "reading it then achieving it" is the best course to follow.

Terrance

I would think it's probably be best not to clutter up the thread with "Is it me" or "I'll do better" posts. I'm thinking "reading it then achieving it" is the best course to follow.

Exactly....IMO, if you have to ask "Is it me?" then it probably is!

Seriously, though, the posts have been *MUCH* better this week.

When I look at the main forum right now I actually see a LOT of very informative topics all with descriptive subjects and a lot of really good intelligent posts.

So I'm hoping this note did in fact help clean up the boards a bit.

--Robb

To be honest, most of the posts here are a lot better than some of the other sites I belong to.

Oh, I agree! And I do commend our users for that! It was just that in the past couple of weeks (especially with RCPro closing) we saw a lot of younger readers and we've had to edit or delete a LOT more posts....

Ehh, some of the other sites I visit have been plagued with this problem lately. It's always nice to come to a site like TPR where most people actually talk about roller coasters instead of posting useless information in the off topic section.