TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip Report: Six Flags Marine World: PHOTOS are up

We took my nieces to Marine World Sunday (5/1). This report will be more about the new Discovery Bay. The park opened at 10am and we went straight to Medusa only to find that it was closed. Cobra was close by and the girls wanted to ride it. They rode it twice and I rode it once, Gyen didn’t ride. Ocean Discovery just opened on Friday and it was our first look at it. They have the same Seal Cove and Sea Lion Stadium, but they added Penguin Passage (which was cool), Dolphin Encounter, and Sting Ray Bay. You can pet the dolphins and sting rays if they come to you, but during the feeding times I am told that you do get to touch them regularly. I would guess because they are hungry! We didn’t get the opportunity to feed them. This day was really about the girls. They aren’t the Roller Coaster nuts that we are yet…but we’re trying! Tori, the oldest, and I rode Roar. Zonga was down. V2 was operating, but the girls didn’t want to ride it. We went to the dolphin show, Shouka’s show, and rode the elephant. The girls wanted to hang out in Looney Tunes Seaport for the rest of the day. This turned out okay because Gyen and I never go there and we were able to ride Road Runner Express. It was worth it to get the credit! It wasn’t our regular Marine World experience, but this was definitely fun. I didn’t get disappointed at Medusa not running early and Zonga being down because we did other things.

I am having trouble getting the pictures to be the right size. I hope to post them later.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ As I wrote elsewhere, Medusa often opens a quarter hour or more after the park opens, which really pisses me off.

Height requirement for Cobra is 42". (Don't know how tall you are, SuperCrack, but V2 has a posted maximum of 72 inches, btw.)

Everything was answered except Medusa's opening time on 5/1. It opened around 11am. Trains were running on all the rides (Roar, V2, Medusa, Cobra, and Kong) while we were standing in line before the gates opened. Everyone went towards Medusa and then came back. We stayed at Cobra for the girls.

At least Boomerang was open!

They also have a new Virtual reality ride where the Dinosaur ride was. It is called Stargate 3000. It is better than the cartoon from the last couple years, but not worth any wait in line!

I haven't heard about Zonga being closed all year, but it hasn't been opened when we have gone (twice this year).

Ocean Discovery was really the best. I scuba dive and love dolphins. Next time we go I am going to try to feed them and the sting rays!

On a side note, if you go to Epcot Center at Walt Disney World, you can dive in the Living Seas if you are a certified diver. I have done it twice! It is great to see a shark up close. :shock:

Sorry for the double post, but here are some pictures from the trip!

Roar.jpg.3125b3ae39cd36f9311852fb20f9ee1e.jpg

That's us (Tori and I) in the front car pulling into the station

Roadrunner.jpg.7b53bd3314ad4201fd0f024f0932e672.jpg

Road Runner, a much needed ride for Gyen and I

1845370898_SealCove.jpg.9d4855d24502b27095379c156c520040.jpg

Seal Cove

Shouka.jpg.20e24da1575c178d3a510a3bcff8bf41.jpg

Shouka!

285507179_StingRayBay2.jpg.89d2aabda8d0716a19394098f455181a.jpg

Look close, there is actually a Sting Ray there. They had six in there on this day.

1018647359_OceanDiscoveryTimes.jpg.068755d8eb34b5ea797c55792881c5cc.jpg

These are the feeding times, etc.

Zonga.jpg.467db4d2fcde8a4d997952c6414d0894.jpg

Zonga was not running

Elephant.jpg.05707d05d32479398067c1d5ea184278.jpg

The Elephant was running

1855509012_DolphinEncounter2.jpg.d0adc30e93e018c7051cfb2d18a744cd.jpg

I think they're teasing us.

1000926116_DolphinEncounter1.jpg.91e89d0af68af8bd4f4dbd3a5f91c800.jpg

Dolphins do get close.

1220694402_CobraRide.jpg.492cae8dcdc984fa76a9ae2c0685d849.jpg

Tori has her hands up, impressing her Uncle.

131612103_CobraLine.jpg.d4b6934e55ec3e115a62223d108ff2bf.jpg

The girls waiting patiently!

The height limit on V2 is actually 75". I know because I'm just barely over 6'2" (74") and I can just barely ride V2.

Whoops! Brainfart. You're right. I should double-check my posts. Sorry.

Cute kids!! That looks like a pretty fun place..... I miss my Sea World here in Ohio. We used to take my stepdaughters there when they were just about that age and they loved getting to touch the marine life. We used to just about go broke feeding the dolphins.

Shari

They also have a new Virtual reality ride where the Dinosaur ride was. It is called Stargate 3000. It is better than the cartoon from the last couple years, but not worth any wait in line!

Haven't been there yet this year, but my season pass is burning a hole in my pocket.

Anyway, that Stargate ride was there last year, too. It's OK, but not the sort of thing that I need to see again.

We were there for Fright Fest last year, and that show had been turned into some stupid thing with Elvira.

I really think they need to change the theming in that theater's queue area; kind of odd to see dino-this and dino-that, when there actual show has nothing at all to do with dinosaurs.