TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Breaking News! Free-FELL

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many of you out there got to ride this drop tower regularly over the past years but trust me when I say this ride was beat up. I like rough rides and all but this past year Free Fall was borderline serious injury inducing shape compared to the much tollerable condition it was once in. This ride had to go in my opinion.

I wonder what Great Adventure is going to do with all those way outdated movie stunt pictures/signs that were in the que to Free Fall? (checking Ebay.... now)

Oh gosh......I MUST get on Freefall at SFMM! I have to get on a 1st generation Intamin drop tower! Good thing I'm conveniently close!

It's sad that so many are going down, hopefully SFMM doesn't plan on taking down theirs any time soon...and it better be running next time I go!

~Mike

well, rumors say that its going to be sold, but why did they fix it up and Reopen it? i went on it during Fright fest. I have to say, its fun and the air from the open floor is cool. However, if your tall (above 6 ft.) it can really hurt your shoulder blades. I wouldnt rate it really high in my list of drop rides, but then again, i really like supreme scream

I think losing the 1st gen Freefalls is a shame. It remains one of the only rids I've ever been on that has really scared me. Something about it just seem so much more dangerous than a modern tower ride. I'm curious to see when SFMM loses theirs. It's packed in there pretty tight with attractions, so one would assume the ride will be gone by the new season. However I don't know, this is SFMM so more than likely they'll just shut down the southern half of the park for a few months and claim it's in rehab.

I rode it this year when I saw it open one visit, knowing it would be gone soon. I didn't find it painful, although it was real loud. It was the first time I had ridden it in at least ten years. I remember waiting over 2 hours for Stuntman's Freefall when it opened.