TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going to Rome in 2008

carolinacaniac

In 2008, My girlfriend and I (we probably will be married by then) are talking about going out to Rome in late summer of 2008. One thing that I would like to do besides wonder around the city and see things like the Vatican, Museums, and others, I am hoping to take a day to go over to Mirabilandia. In all likly hood, we will not be getting a rental car, so what I am wanting to know is if there is a way to get to the park by train. I would also like to know in general how the park is and if it is worth the visit, or if there is another park in Italy that can be reached by train from Rome that would be better. Any help is appreciated!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is why you would spend a day at an amusement park when in Italy?? DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!! Italy is SOOO beuatiful and there are so many amazing things to see besides roller coasters...and don't get me wrong, I love roller coasters but .....man, all the cool things in Italy are much more memorable than a roller coaster ride.

People would say the same thing about all countries!

Let the person do what they want!

I have no trouble going to a country and only going to parks, heck, most of the time you get a better 'real' view of the country ever!

As for our original poster, I don't know about the public transportation system in the country, but perhaps you could rent a car from Rome for a day or two.

To answer your question about why I would go to an amusement park when in Italy, I have two reasons.

1) It would only be one day, the rest of the time we are planning on exploring rome up down and all around. We are going to visit the Vatican, the Coliseum, and a few museums.

2) I am a roller coaster junkie. My girlfriend has accepted this quality of me, and when I have a chance to go to a park to ride a coaster, I will go. Mirabilandia is a part or my parks to go to list, and honestly, I may never have another chance to go to the place. I would like to think I hit go to every park on my makeshift list, but I know that may not be possible.

I can see why others would put off going to an amusement park in another country because they can go to a park at home, but I side more with those who would want to go to those parks in other countries because you want to know what that park has to offer!

Also, Thanks for the idea Elissa, I am trying to avoid a rental can because i think i got it quoted at about $104 for an economy car for two days (day before and day after). That and I would not know if it would be difficult to navigate the italian roads due to my lack of knowledge in the language. If you think otherwise, let me know

I don't really think Venice was in the plans, While it would be nice, I think me and my girlfriend have already come to the concensus that it will be pretty much a full rome trip (Besides Mirabilandia if we can make it happen). Thank for all of the input everyone, If you can verify how to get there by train/other mode of transportation, or you have any thoughts about Mirabilandia, let me know!

Hi Carolinacaniac,

I'm Anthony, i'm sorry for my english which surely is bad but perhaps I can help you!!!

I have passed three month in Italy in June, July and August, and I have visited Pisa, Firenze, Roma, Napoli, Capri and so many "village" in South of Italy and I'm back on North to Lido di Classe e Ravenna to ride Katun at Mirabilandia.

So, I think you can go to Rome (because is so "OH my God!!!!") then go to Firenze (Mamma mia!!!!) e Pisa with train really easy (www.trenitalia.com) and then go to Bologna (3 hours, look at trenitalia to know exactly) people say it's a beautiful city then going to Lido di classe (or Ravenna but most expensive I think) because there is a bus from here to Mirabilandia (5 minutes) so so easy for access and hotel are priceless (lol I don't know the word).

Katun is a really good B&M, and Mirabilandia a good park with a lot of trees (for summer is good in Italy )

If you want to go to Mirabilandia from Roma in train time will be long (5hours and 35 min with train Eurostar, 29 euro!!!) because you must go to Firenze then Milano, Bologna etc so I think it would be funny to make a complete trip in Italy and go to Mirabilandia.

You can go to Roma for 5 days, then Firenze (4 days, 1hour and 35 min from Roma with train) e Pisa (1 hour with train from firenze, 1 day and come back to Firenze hotel at night), then Bologna (2 days, 1 hour from Firenze with train) and Mirabilandia (1 day, Bologna to Lido di classe 1hour and 40 min) and to finish with Italy Beauty, you could go to Venezia!!!!And then go to Milano for a flight to USA!!!Capri is in south of Roma but for person just married is an island so beautiful and romantic.

Tell me if you want help to whrite in italian language!!!

Buon viaggio in Italia!!!

PS :Capri is in south of Roma but for person just married is an island so beautiful and romantic, so...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anthony's right on as far as getting to the park from Rome. Check the TrenItalia website for times. If you're going to ride the trains several times, you might want to look into a railpass (ricksteves.com for info). Get a reservation for any train you can't afford to miss. They were very crowded the last time I was there.

If you don't want to take a whole day to go to Ravenna, you could jump on a Southbound Metro in Rome to the EUR and go to Luneur. It's a cool little park with some great dark rides and it only takes up a few hours of your time. Personally, I would take a day in Venice or Florence over an amusement park any day but that's me. Have fun and be sure to eat a lot of Gelato!

I have been thinking about Lunear too. We have also been concidering extending our trip longer (two weeks or so instead ofjust one). We may try for other areas of italy besides rome, just depends on what kind of money we have when the time comes. I might also think about Gaardaland instead or both it and Mirabilandia. Not sure yet, there is still time to plan.

Hi, I'm Matteo, I'm Italian,

You can see www.trenitalia.com to go to "Rome" to "Lido di Savio" (Mirabilandia is near Lido di Savio) by train - 5 hour by train because you must change train -. If you prefer the car you can take A1 highway from Rome to Orte, after that take E45...when you see the giant wheels, you are arrived.

Near Mirabilandia there is Ravenna, a beautiful city!

Hi, I'm Matteo, I'm Italian,

You can see www.trenitalia.com to go to "Rome" to "Lido di Savio" (Mirabilandia is near Lido di Savio) by train - 5 hour by train because you must change train -. If you prefer the car you can take A1 highway from Rome to Orte, after that take E45...when you see the giant wheels, you are arrived.

Near Mirabilandia there is Ravenna, a beautiful city!

Thanks for the info! That will be really helpful