TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Books Do You Read

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about halfway through "The Year of Yes" by Maria Dahvana Headley. It's basically her memoir of spending a year saying "yes" to every date she was offered while attending college in New York after moving from Idaho. I've also started reading Aida D. Donald's "Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt." I'm a sucker for good non-fiction.

On the Disney park front, I also read a few books over the winter break, including David Koenig's "Realityland," Kevin Yee's "Mouse Trap" and Ben Ohmart's "Welcome, Foolish Mortals: The Life and Voices of Paul Frees."

The latest volume of "Walt's People" is also waiting in the wings, as is Jeannette Walls' "The Glass Castle," which I've had for awhile but keep putting off reading because it's autographed, and I don't want to read it on the road (when I have the most time to read) for fear of damaging it in a suitcase or seatback compartment.

As I Lay Dying - William Faulkner

Interesting book. I'm only about 50 pages into it so I don't have too much of an opinion yet, but from what I can tell so far it should be good. It's a little confusing though because the point of view changes every chapter.

I would recommend anyone read jPod by Douglas Coupland if you get the chance. It's definitely one of my favourite books, and it's absolutely hillarious! I read it and was immediately addicted to all Douglas Coupland books, I'm now reading them all lol, already through 5 of them. Read jPod!

Another recommendation from me is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, and it's two sequels, New Moon and Eclipse. Great books, and an amazing story. Kind of on the fantasy/romance side of things.

I'm currently reading the Uglies series, with its sequels Pretties and Specials. I am almost done with the second book, which, in my opinion thus far, isn't as good as the first. The first at least had some action, not just relationships and drama. Seriously. But they're still amazing books, they're by Scott Westerfield. Go buy them, NOW![/u]

• 4 weeks later...
As I Lay Dying - William Faulkner

Interesting book. I'm only about 50 pages into it so I don't have too much of an opinion yet, but from what I can tell so far it should be good. It's a little confusing though because the point of view changes every chapter.

Very interesting. I'm reading The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner and it changes points of view each chapter as well! It's pretty crazy. It's written in "Stream of Councousness" style, and uses words and phrases such as "he done good" and "we et". I've never seen the word nig**r used so many times! It's a strangely intriguing novel though.

----Antonio

Subject matter I enjoy: Horror, Ghosts (especially if based on true events), true crime and biographies on serial killers, comedy, satire, biographies on people I find interesting, anything the beat poets put out, and a little bit of sci-fi.

My favorite authors are:

Anne Rice.Charles Bukowski, David Sederis, Oscar Wilde

Favorite Book of all time: The Catcher In The Rye by J. D. Salinger

Books I'm reading at the moment:

The Entity by Frank De Felitta

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

The Day The Country Died by Ian Glasper

Next up is:

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

• 2 weeks later...

I recently read my first Agatha Christie book, And Then There Were None, and LOVED it. I also read The Notebook recently and liked it. I'm about 100 pages away from finishing Rebecca. It isn't what I was expecting at all. The first 50 or so pages are interesting. And then it is rather dull and slow-moving until you're over halfway through. There have been some very good, dramatic moments in it though and it has gotten more exciting towards the end.

Just finished Jeffery Archer's "A Prisoner Of Birth" and it is a FANTASTIC read. If you like "The Shawshank Rendemption" (book or movie) you will LOVE this novel.

From Nov.-April. (when it's not so much fun to go outside in the MidWest) I'll read 2-4 novels a week- and this by far is one of the best Great Reads I've had in a while because it appeals to fans of mystery, suspense, courtroom drama and just plain old good fashioned story-telling. I read the book (all 500 pgs) in one day. Another great story-telling book is Clive Cussler's "The Chase" (although I admit the cover art for the book is almost too retro to be taken seriously).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...