TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Books Do You Read

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

The last book I read was Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen. I'm currently reading Uglies by Scott Westerfield and my next book will be The Kite Runner by Kahled Hosseini. I'm glad Christmas break is coming up, I'll have more time to read, but after that I'll have to go back to reading text books.

Over the last several months in my free time I've been reading my way through the Jason Bourne series. If you ever want to read a book that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie based on it, get the Bourne Supremacy. The book and the movie could not possibly be any more different.

Today I finished a book called 'Fire Star' by Chris D'Lacey. It's the third book in a series, beginning with 'The Fire Within', then 'Icefire'. The first was painfully boring, the second was somewhat exciting, and the third is excellent. But the worst part is that in the end of the third book, the main character dies.

So many answers unrevealed, yet no opportunity for sequel.

• 1 month later...

Right now, I'm in English 101, so I'm required to read On the Beach by Nevil Shute. Has anyone here read this before? It revolves around a group of people waiting to die because of a nuclear war. You read all the people's different views on the fact that they will all be dead within three months. It's kind of terrible to read!