TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Books Do You Read

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished John Irving's The World According To Garp last month, and am now reading Hotel New Hampshire, which is the book he wrote after Garp.

If you like stories about odd people, you'll love Irving's books.

For fun I like the Jack Ryan book by Tom Clancy. As far as the last book I actually looked at, I read a few pages out of The Rise of American Democracy, which, if you ever are curious about how the Constitution came into existance in the most dense and detailed fashion, this book is for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Everything Is Illuminated by, Jonathan Safran Foer

Also, my library has been giving away all of their old magazines, so I have a big stack of New Yorker back issues sitting on my desk at the moment.

At the moment I am reading Jacobs Ladder by Brian Keany. It's a very mysterious book.

Jacob wakes up in a field and can't remember anything from before that point in his life except for his name, Jacob. He finds himself in a place of grey monotony and routine and lives in a dorm with others who have been left speechless in the field. Jacob is determined to get back home but from the experiances of others, there seems to be no way out but Jacob is sure he will find home. On his journey, he overcomes obsticles ands faces his fears in hope to reach his goal.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read a very inspired book called "Entry Point" by Peter Schechter- it's all too real. It takes a while to get going, but once it starts, it really is a thought provoking book that's hard to put down.

I'm currently half-reading Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell. I have to read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest this summer.

I generally read fiction that I can sort of relate to. I shy away from fantasy unless it's Harry Potter. And I never like nonfiction all that much unless the author is Sarah Vowell or the subject is interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about thirty pages left of Wicked. It is good for the most part. The writing style is simple, but the story is complex. The book goes more in depth, but the musical in a way explains more things. It is really very atmospheric, philisophical material. I think it was Gregory Maguire's first book; the writing gets better, even if the plot depressing, as it goes along.

I will be reading The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand after Wicked.