TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Books Do You Read

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who died and made you an English 100 Professor, please

Robb did.

Actually, seriously, I actually came to apologize for my comment earlier because it was a bit harsh. That paragraph you wrote was a bit convoluted to read, but I didn't mean to come off as a total a-hole.

Who died and made you an English 100 Professor, please

Robb did.

Actually, seriously, I actually came to apologize for my comment earlier because it was a bit harsh. That paragraph you wrote was a bit convoluted to read, but I didn't mean to come off as a total a-hole.

Accepted, and my fault too, for getting really defensive. I usually do not get pissy like that...just one of those days I guess, But yeah I apologize too. Now that i've went back to read my post, I noticed a lot of errors, but that's only because I was typing fast, and rushing to finish.

I just now got back from Costco with a new book. Stephen King's Cell A Novel.

Apparently, the whole "Pages with words on it" look wasn't getting the whole "book" image across.

I hope it's good. Then again, the book has a baby shoe covered with blood on it; what book with dead babies ISN'T good?

I've always loved 1984. A Farewell to Arms and The Great Gatsby we read this year, and I liked them both tremendously. I've loved most of the stuff we've read in English this year. "Self-Reliance" is an EXCELLENT essay by Ralph Waldo Emerson that a LOT of people would benefit from reading.

Right now, I'm reading The Mismeasure of Man for chemistry class. It's heavy but quite interesting.

I'm reading like 5 books right now. I'm finishing Utopia, the book about the theme park that gets taken over by mercanaries, It's my second time reading it. I'm also finishing up Crime and Punishment for school. I just started Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness for school but it isn't very long. I also just started Wicked. I'm in the middle of Pirates of the Carribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies which is a pretty light read. The only two I'm reading for AP Lit are Heart of Darkness and Crime and Punishment, the other three I started on my own outside of school.

• 1 month later...

Right right right, Your Humble Narrator has just finished a horrorshow read from the ol' biblio, O brothers. This story is a malenky bit grahzny and starry, but it be a classic: A Clockwork Orange. I have yet to viddy the sinny, but me droogs say it be real horrorshow as well.

I just finished reading the book, "the fcuk up,"(title edited for censorship) by arthur nersesian. they usually say not to judge a book by its cover, well i went for the title instead. lowe n behold, the book is actually good. the struggles of young adults living in the urban chaos of New York. a book i can identify with.

i read a book called "CUT" for school. it was about self mutilation, and some girl was so desperate that she cut herself with those razzors that cut the paper towels in bathrooms. but now i don't have to read anymore books for the rest of the summer, baby!

• 3 weeks later...

About a month ago I finished two novels by Rick Reilly - Missing Links and Shanks for nothing. If you are into golf, these are excellent books.

I tend to stay clear of fiction most of the time though. Right now I'm reading a book called The Unsettling of America by a brilliant man named Wendell Berry. After that, I'm finally going to try to finish up Fast Food Nation and then get to a few others that are on my list.

• 4 weeks later...