Wii Friend Connect Code Exchange

man

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter in hopes of being able to get my Wii online here in the dorm (as we don't have Wi-Fi) but unless I can figure out a way to change my system's MAC address it's no good. To control who uses our connections each ethernet port is set to only work with one set of MAC and DNS settings. I was able to get my Xbox 360 online because it lets you put in an alternate set of codes. I can change everything on the Wii except for the MAC address. Apparently the Wii uses your MAC address to generate you system 'Friend Code' so it cannot be changed. It's rather annoying having the system since launch and not being able to update it except when I'm home (which is 4 hours away). I'll gladly add my code to the list but I won't be able to add anyone for myself until early May.

Well, I'll edit this post and add it later. It appears that the sunlight coming through the curtains in my room has rendered my Wii unplayable. I'll try again later today.

• 2 weeks later...