TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Pounding It" :dude:

Ryan King

For those of you who are "Confused" by the "Pound It" Reference...Ive made Wikipedia! Or so I think...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_it

Fist pound

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Pound it)

Jump to: navigation, search

A fist pound, aka pound it, or props is a type of social interaction commonly used by teenagers. It involves one person holding out their fist and someone else "pounding it" with their fist. It is often used in situations similar to when a high five is used. Also can be known as respect in certain sectors of society. A fist pound can also be followed by various other hand gestures to make a unique hand shake between friends. Also known as a "pound dog."

This culture-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_pound"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I stated in another thread, the same action for "Pound it" has a different name in different areas. In California, I've heard pound it a lot. I went to Connecticut, and some random teenager needed some money for the bus that I was going on.

Me: "Oh, sure, here."

Him: "Thanks man, touch me."

Me. " "

Him: *Holds up fist*

Me: " "

We touch fists, but for some reason, it didn't even hit me.

Later in the day, I was going back to the Hotel I was at, and these two guys were on the bus. They were talking and cracking jokes and one of the guys say something, the other one laughs and said, "That was awesome! Dude, touch me." Then they did the action.

"OH!" It hit me like a train hitting a deer. My friends and I made a joke combining the two. So we say, "Dude, Pound me."

We've really never named it, but my pool team always "pound" each other when we win a match, all of us.

Incidentally, I don't remember if I ever posted it but I was telling Robb when he was last over here with Yeti Ball, a coupla months back some guy walked past me at university when I was queuing to get on the bus, stuck out his fist towards me and said "duuuuuude!!!!".... Know it could've just been coincidence, but if there's a Manchester student TPR member out there I don't know about, please let me know!! It freaked me out that somebody on campus might know who I was, I really didn't recognise the guy!!!

"Pound It" has been around a lot longer than Ryan.

Thank you, Wes. Having watched sports almost religiously for as long as I can remember, the first "fist pound" I witnessed was by Dee Brown of the Boston Celtics, sometime around 1991-92ish. I remember it well because I had never seen that done before, outside of what Paul mentioned from hockey players after a goal (it's the only thing you really can do when wearing those gloves...for those that don't know). I thought it was so cool (back then) that it immediately replaced the typical "high five" with all my teammates that season.

Indeed, many moons ago.

"Pound It" has been around a lot longer than Ryan.

Thank you, Wes. Having watched sports almost religiously for as long as I can remember, the first "fist pound" I witnessed was by Dee Brown of the Boston Celtics, sometime around 1991-92ish.

Yea,

Anyone who has been involved with Sports for a long period of their lives has been pounding it since they have been young, at least I have.

-RD

lol...

The fist pound came about on Theme Park Review but has moved to other sites as well. It is looked down on by more mature internet browsers and only used by a n00b to try and more often then not fail at gaining respect from the online community. This n00b also sexually pounds men.