TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape

Chase

I rerally think anyone who goes to s stand up should consider the possibilty to be humiliated about anything.

You gotta draw the line at racial attacks and that wasn't humiliation. That was some powerful stuff he said and he's lucky the only thing happened is that people walked out on him. There's no security between the audience and the comedian.

Pay to be humiliated, maybe. Racially attacked--I want a refund.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Agreed. It was definitely insulting rather than simple humiliation. Big difference.

With that said, here's a few thoughts. First, while it's NO excuse for the tirade, the idiots who heckled him need to be taught some manners immediately. You're not at the Lakers game, you're at a comedy club. Same applies for most venues of performing arts. If you don't like the performance, shut up and leave. Simple.

Second, considering how uncouth it was for these patrons to interupt a performance, as said above, Richards is lucky they didn't just rush the stage and hand out a beatdown. Also, luckily for him, there's not a single retaliatory word in the english language equal to the cringe factor for what he spewed. "Cracker" is actually more humorous than anything else.

Third, despite being insulted in that fashion, it's by no means worthy of any kind of legal action. Somebody please squelch their attempt at gaining their 15 minutes, please.

Finally, am I the only Seinfeld fan in here reminded of the episode where Jerry showed up at that woman's workplace to heckle her while she worked? Irony.

I think it's funny that I can be called white trash by a seperate nation and nobody cares, yet it's so much worse for us to call them a racist slur.

Trust me, I'm not racist, I think it's wrong either way, but I also think it's equally wrong for them to call us that.

I think it's funny that I can be called white trash by a seperate nation and nobody cares, yet it's so much worse for us to call them a racist slur.

Trust me, I'm not racist, I think it's wrong either way, but I also think it's equally wrong for them to call us that.

Agreed,

While he came off as a total ass, im not sure if i would call what he did exactly racist.

He didn't get mad at the guys for being black, he got mad at them for being rude and annoying. He only called them a racist name after that, which doesn't necisarrily make you a racist, just taking advantage of a word.

Then again, he COULD be the most racist poo in the world, you'd never know.

yeah he seems really shooken up and sorry about the whole thing, Im not so sure its really what he meant to happen, obviously. Also, poeple do seem to ingore the fact the guy spewed back "cracker ass white boy" and stooped to his level, which, well, isnt the best thing to do yet that goes COMPLETELY ignored among the media, ah well.

also LOL don thats pretty messed up.... just not right...

If you think that's a problem, then you need to speak up. People call others names and think that's ok because people don't say anything. I don't use those words either, but then like Beemerboy said, I don't think there's an equivalent word for the "N" word. It also has the history of violence against blacks that goes with word--lynchings, burning crosses, draggings, rapes, etc. All that is bundled in that word.

Beemerboy: I said earlier that those people in the audience should have been quiet. If I was in the audience you would have heard me yelling at the hecklers to be quiet, then demanding my money from them for ruining my night.

I guess some people think it's fun to heckle the comedians to see if they can get humiliated. But I think they were also in their talking amongst themselves as well, disrupting the performance. If anyone should be suing... it should be the audience members suing the hecklers.

I rerally think anyone who goes to s stand up should consider the possibilty to be humiliated about anything.

You gotta draw the line at racial attacks and that wasn't humiliation. That was some powerful stuff he said and he's lucky the only thing happened is that people walked out on him. There's no security between the audience and the comedian.

Pay to be humiliated, maybe. Racially attacked--I want a refund.

Well maybe becuase my dull vocabulary in English I chosed "humiliating" and this is not the right word.

In here (Israel) there was an occasion in which a comedian got hit by someone form the crowd after commenting a racial joke about his origin of his girlfriend. I think it was something very dirty about her pussy something really horrible and he got punched for that.

Ever since there is a body guard next to the stage.

I think Richards was justified with some of his remarks.

I am not racist and I don't believe he is either. If you have ever listened to a black comedian, they insult whites and call us crackers and any other thing you can think of to insult us. Now if a white comedian says even ONE bad thing, we get yelled at, as shown in this video.

You can clearly see that Richards tried to go back into jokes two times in this

video clip.

His first remarks are that the man would of been strung up in a tree, which he would of been 50 years ago. (Sad to say this about my own country) Then Richards proceeds to point UPWARDS yelling, "He's a ******" towards an imaginary tree.

He proceeds to start into a joke by saying, "See this shocks you, to see whats buried beneath you stupid mother*uckers" while motioning towards the crowd. This was meant to say that the people that would of strung the man in the audience up in the tree, and would shout racial slurs are the same people as the ones sitting in the audience. (I have never seen a full length comedy routine by Richards so I do not know if he uses works like "mother*ucker" alot.)

After being yelled at more at the audience there is an evident video break where at least 10 seconds could of elapsed (notice Richards is on one side of the stage one second then the other the next). Richards points out that he cant be arrested for calling a black man what he did.

Richards tried to continue on with the joke by trying to link the situation at hand with his joke but that is where he really seemed racist. He comes off this way because people really didn't know the setting and that he was actually trying to tell a joke.

Bottom line wrong is wrong regardless of who's is doing it. Just because someone jumps off a bridge does it mean it’s a smart thing for everyone to start doing it. While I don’t condone using nigger, nigga, negra, nicca, or any form of the word I understand the difference of using it in a friendly way or a way to cause grief towards the person its being used on. As it has been said before, he is smart enough to know what to say and not to say. I also think dude was high on some serious stuff to have to balls to say the things he was saying. Im just glad it didn’t get out of hand and turned into a riot. Will I look at him differently, of course but would I hold a grudge against him and the rest of America for using the word...heck no I have more important things to do.

Jarvis "knows the difference between making race related jokes and racial slurs" Morant

By the way everyone.... Michael Richards wasnt telling a joke when he pointed and tossed the "N" bombs. He was pointing directly at the heckler and said that. He was yelling at the heckler defending himself against them heckling at him and in his rage he pointed at the heckler and dropped the "N" bombs. This was a direct attack from Michael Richards to the heckler. This was not a joke he was telling pointing at some imaginary tree. It was an accual argument going on between Michael and the heckler.

I just wanted to clear that up before anyone else keeps thinking it was part of a joke when it wasn't.

I don't believe that he's actually racist, if it came down to it, he just got caught up in something, and it was a mistake. And just a side note, a very intelligent english teacher I had told us when we were reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" that nigger isn't necissarily a racist term. Anyone can be called that, because it means that that person is lower than you are. It's unfortunate that it got turned into such a degrating word and that it's considered something against African Americans, when really it shouldn't single anybody out.

^^ Agreed. In the heat of the moment, his true colors were shown. No candy coating it or making excuses to justify using such hateful racist bigoted remarks to verbally attack a paying customer.

He's a performer, he's getting paid by the audience to perform and entertain. Boo hoo, he got heckled, I put up with 100 times the crap and BS from my clients at my job than he ever does standing on a stage telling jokes. But I have to keep my composure under any circumstance and put up with all the crap because that's part of my job to do so. He could have easily used any numerous choices of insults to fire back, but what did he resort to? That is where he crossed the line of just telling "jokes".

And of course he's all apologetic now, what else do you all possibly think he or anybody else in his place would now be doing? His racism was exposed for all the world to see, to do anything else but apologize would be career suicide (hello Mel!). Has nothing to do with actual regret, just trying to cover his racist ass.

"Everyone´s a little bit racist" from Avenue Q show

Everyone's a little bit racist

Sometimes.

Doesn't mean we go

Around committing hate crimes.

Look around and you will find

No one's really color blind.

Maybe it's a fact

We all should face

Everyone makes judgments

Based on race.

Today.

So, everyone's a little bit racist

Okay!

Ethinic jokes might be uncouth,

But you laugh because

They're based on truth.

Don't take them as

Personal attacks.

Everyone enjoys them -

So relax!

If we all could just admit

That we are racist a little bit,

Even though we all know

That it's wrong,

Maybe it would help us

Get along.

It's true.

But everyone is just about

As racist as you!

If we all could just admit

That we are racist a little bit,

And everyone stopped being

So PC

Maybe we could live in -

Harmony!

Joel "this song is so true" Saury

this whole incident may be starting a movement. paul mooney came out and said that he will no longer be using the "N" word or the "B" word. He encourages everyone else to do the same.

I read a quote in the paper today from Paul Mooney where admits to using the "N-word" "hundreds of times" a day.

And therein lies the hypocrisy of this situation. If you're going to bitch and moan about the white guy who uses in the "N-word," why not bitch and moan about all the Black comedians who make millions of dollars putting down their own race?

On another note: Tomorrow is Monday.