TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bigfoot to get the boot!

And yet another layer of Knott's old charm will be stripped away--like when they replaced the Roaring 20s with that generic beach theme.

that was Knott's Family doings, don't put the blame on CF for that one. Though I'm sure they would have destroyed it eventually anyways.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, GRR (DCA) and Roaring Rapids (SFMM) get you WAY more wet than Bigfoot Rapids. They should keep a raft ride because it would be very welcome on a hot day, just improve it a lot more (possibly a drop, more rapids).

---Brent

It really depends on the people in it too. If it's a very mild day, you and your party pretty much get the raft to yourselves(Seriously. My friend and I went, and it was just us two in the raft). Just get in line with some tall guy. Or a larger person, then sit next to them. A soaking is probable.

Getting soaked on rapid type rides can really just be the luck of the seat. I've ridden em where I might have got a drop on me while the person to the left or right of me got full on soaked. At other times I'm the one thats soaked while everyone else is bone dry. That kind of randomness kinda makes it fun. While I have a season pass for KBF and I don't often ride BFR when I go I can honestly say I'd miss it if it gets taken out.

I don't understand why they would take out a raft ride because it breaks down too much...

Maybe i don't know what im talking about, but it seems a ride that consists of a a rotating disc and flowing water would be easy enough to reapair.

Besides, raft rides really take up no vertical room, you can build just about anything over it.

It breaks down alot? I remember when they used to run the waterfalls during the especially hot days so there would be a chance of people getting soaked. And the capacity is pretty good, especially compared to the raft ride at SFMM where they just have a single station and take 5 minutes to load each boat. Not to mention that BFR is a whole lot more exciting then what they have at SFMM. It was all like, ah we're going to get wet, and a big wave of water hit you, and that was it. It's not the constant rapids like all the other raft rides out there.

IMHO I'm a little up in the air about this news. I like the ride, and I think it would hurt Knott's to lose a water ride. But those velcro straps make you smell like moldy ass. It could use a serious make over.

However, I think it will just get torn out so that Knott's can expand into that parking lot area behind it and the backstage area.

Knott's is definitely heading the way of MM.

Knott's is definitely heading the way of MM

That's What I told my friends and they said so knotts is getting better.

--Jay

I feel they're much better off than MM(obviously) but they may lose their family audience eventually(I find that rare for now).

I just hope they're updating Bigfoot rapids.

This used to be the only reason my parents would let me drag them back KBF every year until i was tall enough to ride jag. This was always my favorite water ride. and my mom said it was refreshing after she had just gotton off Windjammer. by the way, by mom has a really screwed up neck, and she swears its from windjammer! But back to the topic, this would be great if they remodled it with a drop!

This is the problem with parks these days, most of them are losing what makes them unique. My favorite times at Knotts were between 94-96, Jaguar was perhaps their last themed attraction. I prefer The SoapBox Derby Racers and Gasoline Alley to both Windjammer and Xcelerator. The park is very bland and boring now. I don't think I would be complaining if I hadn't remembered what Knotts was like 10-12 Years ago. It was so much more unique and fun. Heck I would prefer a Ghost Town without Silver Bullet dominating the landscape! Just imagine what Herchend would have done with the park if they bought it from the Knott family.

^ I've been on far "least exciting" ride. But really, I think Knotts could make a new, better rapids ride and still have a hyper style ride of some sort. I just hope that if they go the route of removing it, they are patient and do it correctly and come out better with the new expansion then what they were previously. But knowing the current management, its highly unlikely.

I know people are saying they have no room, but if you look at those aerial photo's, there is LOTS of room there.

Everyone also is saying that they would have to destroy the warehouses, etc. Why??? Couldn't they be theoretically used for a new dark ride, station house, etc for expansion??? Plus if they build a parking structure in the Beach Blvd. lot they can use the south lot for expansion. Don't worry about noise and the hotel, you already have Ghostrider creating PLENTY of noise for guests.

This talk of a parking structure and the park expanding has been floating around for a while now. Most of the info I have heard so far is that giant building back there is the main backstage building and it really cant be moved. The only real expansion I could see back there would be to leave the main building, relocate the much smaller buildings, that are to the left, to the right side of the main building. Then build a parking structure in the Beach lot and open up that small parking lot in the back behind BFR for expansion.